Expect the Jets to try to move up for Paxton Lynch

Shockwave

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Neither, since I've never seen him play. Just pointing out that I've heard this before, that someone "must" sit for a year (or two years) so he won't be ruined or because he's destined to be a bad player as a rookie. I think it depends on the player: how good he is, and how much he's going to work to get to where he needs to be by this year, next year, etc.

I'm not in anyone's "camp" in this regard. I'm in the Jets' camp, and will defer to those who know these players better, as to which is worthy and which is unworthy of trading up for, or drafting at all.

TBF, Lynch is raw as hell and in my opinion, isn't worth trading up for and I'm still conflicted over whether or not to draft him in the first. Definitely shouldn't be starting, needs to clean up his throwing motion and footwork, while also needing a lot of work on book work and going through progressions. Not really comparable to Mariota, since Mariota had great mechanics and had great decision making. I'd take him in the 2nd for sure, not sure if he lasts that long though. Wouldn't touch Hackenberg before the third though, preferably taking a flier on him in the 4th now that I watched some of his games again and read some reports on him reminding me of why I hated him so much.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived