Jets made offer to Tennessee for #1 pick

Matt39

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It had to involve Wilkerson I'm guessing.  What I found interesting was that the Titans made it seem like they weren't done with dealing, so maybe they would be willing to deal a couple of those picks now in a deal for Wilkerson.  

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

This just shows that our GM, HC and FO are really on point.  What I like is that while they obviously interested in the pick they wouldn't overpay for a prospect.

There are no Lucks or Peyton Mannings in this draft and IMO we shouldn't act like they are....

More details from Tony

Sources close to the situation tell me the New York Jets made a serious offer to the Tennessee Titans for the initial pick of the draft. Those with knowledge of the situation tell me the team was close to getting the deal done.

I’m told it is believed veteran defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson was part of the deal.

And while many in the New York area dismissed my initial report earlier this week over the New York Jets being dark horses for trading to the top of the draft, it was revealed within 24 hours of the report that Jared Goff would be making an official visit to the franchise. Goff won’t be make it past the fourth pick of the draft.

Will the Jets continue to attempt to move up into the early reaches of round one? Sources tell me they believe so but much depends on who the Los Angeles Rams ultimately select with the first pick in two weeks time.

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

This just shows that our GM, HC and FO are really on point.  What I like is that while they obviously interested in the pick they wouldn't overpay for a prospect.

There are no Lucks or Peyton Mannings in this draft and IMO we shouldn't act like they are....

Exactly, that trade was absolutely crazy. They got 6 picks over two years all 1st to 3rd round picks. 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets failed to get it done. 

lol

I know you're trolling, but it's pretty hard to make a fake case for them failing. The Rams made the biggest jump to 1 overall in history, and they had more ammo than us, and we were 5 picks later than them.

I, for one, and glad we didn't just throw away the next 2 years of drafting - considering how shallow this roster is.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

lol

I know you're trolling, but it's pretty hard to make a fake case for them failing. The Rams made the biggest jump to 1 overall in history, and they had more ammo than us, and we were 5 picks later than them.

I, for one, and glad we didn't just throw away the next 2 years of drafting - considering how shallow this roster is.

Trolling??????  Lets see FACT the Rams got the #1 pick reports are the Jets tried but didnt get the #1 pick that equals FAIL just like you're attempt to tarnish my reputation. 

Go to hell TROLL

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Trolling??????  Lets see FACT the Rams got the #1 pick reports are the Jets tried but didnt get the #1 pick that equals FAIL just like you're attempt to tarnish my reputation. 

Go to hell TROLL

So, you're not trolling? You actually believe the babbling jackassery that you post on a regular basis?

I was giving you credit, I just thought you liked busting balls by taking the stupidest possible view or angle on every talking point brought upon the site.

So, you're not trolling? You actually believe the babbling jackassery that you post on a regular basis?

I was giving you credit, I just thought you liked busting balls by taking the stupidest possible view or angle on every talking point brought upon the site.

My opinions are not for the weak and weary I'm a lifelong Jets fan 47 years and counting  since the last Super Bowl appearance what they been doing isn't working quite obviously. 

Just because you have 53,778 posts probably all about bullsh*t means nothing to me. 

Come my way come prepared or go away and find someone one else to troll on. 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

My opinions are not for the weak and weary I'm a lifelong Jets fan 47 years and counting  since the last Super Bowl appearance what they been doing isn't working quite obviously. 

Just because you have 53,778 posts probably all about bullsh*t means nothing to me. 

Yea, so, I wasn't actually trolling you - you moron.

I replied to your idiotic remark about the Jets failing. It was so idiotic, that I in fact though YOU were trolling, but I still replied sensibly.

Commence with threats and defying the laws of stupidity.

8 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Glad mccags didn't but also glad he wants a qb that badly. The question is, who does he target now?

The key is this reveals something very interesting about Mac. 

That yes he wants Fitz back, but he is under NO illusions about who Fitz is.  That is Fitz is a guy who played well enough for us last year, but not the ultimate guy that the franchise is banking on!!!

Mac obviously wants Fitz back so that he can continue to groom Petty and whomever they pick in this year's draft and then in 2017 let the young guns battle it out for who will be the starter.

Nice......

I replied to your idiotic remark about the Jets failing. It was so idiotic, that I in fact though YOU were trolling. 

Obviously not I guess... commence with threats and defying the laws of stupidity.

They failed just like you,only accomplishment is your are a troll and a loser who posts nothing football related. 

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

The key is this reveals something very interesting about Mac. 

That yes he wants Fitz back, but he is under NO illusions about who Fitz is.  That is Fitz is a guy who played well enough for us last year, but not the ultimate guy that the franchise is banking on!!!

Mac obviously wants Fitz back so that he can continue to groom Petty and whomever they pick in this year's draft and then in 2017 let the young guns battle it out for who will be the starter.

I thought it was obvious that Mac looked at Fitz this way... dumb fans manufactured a whole separate take on this, but nothing Mac has done would suggest he ever wavered from knowing exactly what Fitz is.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

They failed just like you,only accomplishment is your are a troll and a loser who posts nothing football related. 

My first response to you was about football. 

If you aren't a troll, then you unintentionally ruin every conversation on this board. Ain't that something.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

My first response to you was about football. 

If you aren't a troll, then you unintentionally ruin every conversation on this board. Ain't that something.

The Jets failed to get the deal done with Tennessee. 

Because I dont agree with the majority,yea right LOL.

You are also a troll. 

10 minutes ago, brian101193 said:

What if the QB they want is gone by 2?

If I was willing to go to #1, I sure as heck am willing to go to #2 . I want Wentz over Goff, but I would be willing to take the OT also  if the QB I wanted was gone.  For Goff Wentz and or Tunsil, I would go that far up .  And I don't even like Goff .

Mo was obv apart of the package that TEN considered before getting blown away by the Rams offer. 

They have the need, the money, and now ample picks to satisfy the "more than just a first" price tag that's been getting tossed around. 

What I love about the Three 2's I'm speculating us getting is how high they are. We could feasibly get 4 picks in the top 50. That's a game changer from a roster standpoint. 

Kind of makes sense that the Jets might plan to use Mo in a deal to move up in the draft. Tannenbaum was able to move up significantly without dealing a future first round pick. Imagine Macc would like to do the same if they move up, Mo would help there. And would explain why no deals have been made yet. Better if teams can't anticipate what you're doing on draft day.

And to the point others made, if Tennessee is interested in Mo that leaves open a bunch of nice possibilities.

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I replied to your idiotic remark about the Jets failing. It was so idiotic, that I in fact though YOU were trolling, but I still replied sensibly.

Commence with threats and defying the laws of stupidity.

Whats up with you? You been on some sh*ttiness for about a week now. It's a bit unusual. Just look how you're talking to people. 

And I've read a couple of prior comments from you and you're even resorting to baiting. 

Wife kicked you out of the house or something? It really sounds like you've had a sh*tty life for the past week. You need a hug man? Relax. 

18 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I thought you were like 16.

10 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

If I was willing to go to #1, I sure as heck am willing to go to #2 . I want Wentz over Goff, but I would be willing to take the OT also  if the QB I wanted was gone.  For Goff Wentz and or Tunsil, I would go that far up .  And I don't even like Goff .

You might, I'm saying Mac might have really wanted Wentz. If Wentz goes to the Rams and the Jets don't believe in Geoff there's no reason to go up too #2.

Archived