Jets made offer to Tennessee for #1 pick

Matt39

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I can't remember his not getting at least value according to the chart on a draft day deal. The problem was he didn't always choose good players. I'm not looking this up but I can remember a deal he made with the Redskins so they could select Rocky McIntosh that on paper for us looked good. 

The Gocong draft was the only one he really messed up.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Titans and Jags are my top choices for a trade.

Caldwell has been GM since 2013 and the team still sucks. This is his last year as a GM unless they get to 8-8 or Div, title

Mo lined up between  Malik Jackson and Fowler will be devastating. That Division is Wide Open.

Shad Kahn would love a player named Mohammed! Just opened the pools at the stadium!

http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-jaguars/0ap2000000368606/Jaguars-owner-Khan-candid-about-new-swimming-pools

Tenn. has a new GM and a ton of picks. He may choose to build his team solely on Draft picks(might blow a few) or get a Wilkerson and compete now!

Don't want to waste these "Under Grace" years too much.

Tenn. fans are tired of waiting for a winner. Maybe they get aggressive..... for Mo.

When you're evaluating Tannenbaum he wasn't terrible. He was not a personnel expert and he worked well with both of his head coaches and let them be a major part of decision making. And him and Eric esp did a good job putting together a team. His issues were with contracts esp terrible ones like the Tone deal and Mark Sanchez. He is not an inept boob in many ways a very smart guy. 

17 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

lol

I know you're trolling, but it's pretty hard to make a fake case for them failing. The Rams made the biggest jump to 1 overall in history, and they had more ammo than us, and we were 5 picks later than them.

I, for one, and glad we didn't just throw away the next 2 years of drafting - considering how shallow this roster is.

The draft isn't one of our stronger football points, review the history and then respond.  

id rather trade for a 1 sure thing player possibly a QB than a Hill,Gholston,Wilson,Coples or Saunders how about you. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

The draft isn't one of our stronger football points, review the history and then respond.  

id rather trade for a 1 sure thing player possibly a QB than a Hill,Gholston,Wilson,Coples or Saunders how about you. 

You forfeited the chance to be taken seriously in this discussion yesterday when you responded to this very same post, and told me go to hell. 

Check your meds.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

You forfeited the chance to be taken seriously in this discussion yesterday when you responded to this very same post, and told me go to hell. 

Check your meds.

Good afternoon glad to see you sitting home waiting for the unemployment check or the State aid. 

No meds here. 

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Check your meds.

No, no, no. Once you get somebody to respond to the same post twice you own him. Don't piss it away by reengaging.

9 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

No, no, no. Once you get somebody to respond to the same post twice you own him. Don't piss it away by reengaging.

I dunno the rules you adhere to... but the response I just got makes me feel like I did something right. 

54 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hopefully the Jets learn from this if they really wanted the #1 pick and didnt offer enough and up the offer to get Cleveland's #2 pick. 

Who have you seen except Tony Pauline reporting the Jets made a "serious" offer to the Titans.  I've seen several saying that the Eagles were the runner up, but none for the Jets

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Hopefully the Jets learn from this if they really wanted the #1 pick and didnt offer enough and up the offer to get Cleveland's #2 pick. 

Learn what? That he should have offered up more than our first 3 picks in 2 consecutive drafts because the equivalent Rams' picks were higher?

He offered up Mo, who has an inexact value in trade. Worth a shot, but it's not like the top 2 picks are Manning/Luck level prospects. They may not even be as good as Stafford/Sanchez or Carr/Harrington for all we know. 

13 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Who have you seen except Tony Pauline reporting the Jets made a "serious" offer to the Titans.  I've seen several saying that the Eagles were the runner up, but none for the Jets

Correct.

The Eagles being runner-up has been reported by several media outlets.

So far, one person (Pauline) has run the "Jets made an offer" story and nobody has substantiated it. Starting to wonder if it's complete crap.

14 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Correct.

The Eagles being runner-up has been reported by several media outlets.

So far, one person (Pauline) has run the "Jets made an offer" story and nobody has substantiated it. Starting to wonder if it's complete crap.

Macc has said he will contact every GM, doing due diligence on possible trades.   Perhaps he made a call.  

If the Jets did make a serious run at #1, I can't imagine why the only person they wold leak it to would be a low level guy like Tony "Come Back to NY" Pauline.  Not even Mehta is jumping in ...........Yet.

I'm very skeptical that a "serious" offer was made.  JMO  

6 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Macc has said he will contact every GM, doing due diligence on possible trades.   Perhaps he made a call.  

If the Jets did make a serious run at #1, I can't imagine why the only person they wold leak it to would be a low level guy like Tony "Come Back to NY" Pauline.  Not even Mehta is jumping in ...........Yet.

I'm very skeptical that a "serious" offer was made.  JMO  

Yea, I'm at the point where I don't believe it. Just like the "Mo Wilk says he would love to play for SF" rumor got shot down by Mo today. 

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, I'm at the point where I don't believe it. Just like the "Mo Wilk says he would love to play for SF" rumor got shot down by Mo today. 

Lol ppl really believe everything they hear smh silly rabbits trix are for kids

Funny thing is a lot of these guys are still running with it

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Lol ppl really believe everything they hear smh silly rabbits trix are for kids

Funny thing is a lot of these guys are still running with it

Yup. There's nothing else out there... I said it a few weeks ago, the Jets have done an amazing job of keeping their sh*t internalized. It's better for the organization, even if it isn't as much entertainment for the neurotic end of the fanbase.

23 hours ago, Matt39 said:

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Commenting on the thread title and proof provided. 

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Commenting on the thread title and proof provided. 

Fair enough.  I'm starting to think it's total B S.  myself.  As the Ape pointed out they pre-fabed a story about SF and Mo.  Mo called B S on em

On April 15, 2016 at 8:36 PM, Tinstar said:

If I was willing to go to #1, I sure as heck am willing to go to #2 . I want Wentz over Goff, but I would be willing to take the OT also  if the QB I wanted was gone.  For Goff Wentz and or Tunsil, I would go that far up .  And I don't even like Goff .

I wouldn't sell the farm for Tunsil especially when we have Clady. I understand his injury concern, but we do have talent there. Sometimes you just have to take a risk. We most likely will get a shot at Decker at 20th and with Brick being a low end LT last year, it wouldn't be the end of the world. So yeah, I don't wanna jump up in the first unless it's for a QB. 

5 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Lower pick and one less bidder. I wouldnt up a dime. 

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Why?  Because they offered what they thought was a fair trade to move to the spot but they were turned down?  So?  If they offered what they thought was fair it's their fault somehow that it didn't happen?  So they just should up their offer until the deal gets done?  Then you'd feel better? 

Whether it's true or not ... the fact that there is a rumour about the Jets looking to move up is a good thing IMHO.

• Teams who may be looking to move down are more likely to get in touch first
  • Teams just above us may get nervous and make a move of their own
  • Teams below us may also do the same

Smart GMs can play this to their advantage.

10 hours ago, Rosemont said:

#1 Pick, why? No guaranteed franchise QB there. No Manning. Would not give up Wilkerson and picks for the number 1.

Wilkerson is our best defensive player, rather cut Revis and save the money there

You'll have to find your savings elsewhere.

Revis would count as $25m in DEAD money this yr.

I don't know if the Jets actually made a play for the #1 pick, but if they in fact believe that their franchise QB is in this draft, they need to make sure that they make every effort and explore every option to go and get him.  As a fan, I would have no problem with this strategy, regardless of how it actually works out because you need a good QB to win consistently in this league, and the Jets haven't had this in a long time.  Franchise QB's don't fall into your lap (except if you're the Patriots).  You have to go and get them.

On ‎4‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 9:24 PM, joewilly12 said:

Trolling??????  Lets see FACT the Rams got the #1 pick reports are the Jets tried but didnt get the #1 pick that equals FAIL just like you're attempt to tarnish my reputation. 

Go to hell TROLL

You're on track for breaking my negative rep record for dogging Mac for the contracts of Revis and Harris. Go Joewiily12 Go! 

Archived