****Official 2016 Road Trips Thread****

3 hours ago, BP said:

KC and Miami this year.  KC was a blast in 2014, that's where tailgating was invented. Nobody, and I mean nobody in arrowhead parking lot had a gas grill lol all charcoal. Easy to get in and out of stadium (like the old giants stadium) and they come around in the stands and sell beer (like the old old days). The Chiefs fans were all very very cool. The Jets lost that day and it was still one of the best game day experiences I've ever had. 

Is @Maxman claiming he's going to go on a road trip again? :rl:  I'll believe that when I see it. The only one he's been on from what I remember were two playoff games in Pittsburgh, one involving pancakes with an administrator from a jets site and the other he was being pelted with ice balls by Steeler fans at the tailgate. Let the record state the Jets lost both of these games.

I'll see you next month, Albert ;)

BP out

I have been on many road trips Jim. I just don't always let my "internet friend" know about it lol.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I have been on many road trips Jim. I just don't always let my "internet friend" know about it lol.

I've always looked up to you as the father type figure that was never there for me as a child. 

You complete me 

13 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Hell I gave a 250 ticket to Brenda because you didn't want me to sell it to you know who..:rolleyes:

That was that Monday night game jets lost on last play of the game lol I ripped that girls dolphin number 1 styrofoam hand into a million pieces on the way out haha then I get spanked in parking lot by two hot dolphin chicks

On April 15, 2016 at 7:22 AM, JoeC36 said:

Okay, it's that time of the year again. 

The schedule is out, what road trips are everyone planning?

I already have hotels booked for Cleveland and Pittsburgh. 

Pit is a possibility for me... But as of now deciding between KC and Arizona.. Is anyone heading to either or have any suggestions??

5 minutes ago, joebabyny said:

KC is a BBQ mecca, we are going to lock down the best of it for Jets fans!

Have room for the two guys from JetNationRadio guys? Maybe we can figure something out with a show from there?

Tough call this year.

KC is an obvious choice, but did it two years ago, so want to go somewhere new.  It was great though, will definitely go back sometime.

I think it's either PIT or AZ, would prefer AZ, but PIT is Sunday with a day off Monday, plus Heinz Field, which will probably give it the edge.

We'll see though.

1 hour ago, joerb31 said:

Thanks! Still trying to decide! Not much to do in KC or Arizona but at least Arizona has the Canyons

What do you do on any of these road trips besides eat and drink?

Last year in Houston I planned to go to the Space Center, but instead waited on line for 2 hours for BBQ.

On 4/15/2016 at 3:32 PM, PatsFanTX said:

Late November, 8:30pm start in the swampland of New Jersey?

I think I'll pass on this one.

Do people who go to Jets/Giants games from out of town actually look for hotels in East Rutherford and not stay in Manhattan?

17 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Last year in Houston I planned to go to the Space Center, but instead waited on line for 2 hours for BBQ.

The only thing outside of a bar I did in Green Bay was the Lambeau tour, which ended at the stadiums restaurant. Same thing in Indy, it was three days of bar to bar. 

26 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Last year in INDY I went to a notre Dame game... I always try to find out if any other sport teams are playing around that area... Drinking is defiantly involved though... I know I'm going to PIT just still deciding between KC/Zona

11 hours ago, BP said:

I've always looked up to you as the father type figure that was never there for me as a child. 

You complete me 

I know that I complete you. You still owe me $200 for the last time that happened.

4 hours ago, gEYno said:

Do people who go to Jets/Giants games from out of town actually look for hotels in East Rutherford and not stay in Manhattan?

Seems like a lot of people do that and just take mass transit into the city when they want to do that. Depends on how long they are staying here in most cases. A lot of people seem to fly in Friday, stay in NJ, go to the City on Saturday and game on Sunday.

Looking forward to Pittsburgh & Cleveland w/ JoeC36. Hope to run into some of you guys there. Glad to hear Duane is going so I won't be the biggest Jets fan target by Steeler fans.

KC is definitely on my bucket list, but for the price to do KC we were able to do PIT & CLE. Saving up for NO next year. Can do KC another time for sure. It's in my Top 5 of stadiums I'd like to do.

11 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Cool, let me know if there is a Tailgate Joe sighting in Cleveland, not a bad drive from here 

As of right now I have no plans for Cleveland. Of course I have been known to change my mind at the drop of a hat, so who knows, lol! I am really excited for KC though!

23 hours ago, JoeC36 said:

The only thing outside of a bar I did in Green Bay was the Lambeau tour, which ended at the stadiums restaurant. Same thing in Indy, it was three days of bar to bar. 

Yeah, I wanted to go last year, but it was my wife's 30th birthday weekend.  Ended up in Houston instead, which was great.  Don't know what I'd do in the area though, as my drinking days are pretty much behind me, and it doesn't strike me as a place with great food culture, though I've been surprised before.

23 hours ago, joerb31 said:

Last year in INDY I went to a notre Dame game... I always try to find out if any other sport teams are playing around that area... Drinking is defiantly involved though... I know I'm going to PIT just still deciding between KC/Zona

That's fun.  I did not plan it, but the day before the Jet game in Houston, found out that the Knicks were in town and went there as well.  That was great and a real treat.  I loved KC, but I've been to Phoenix/Scottsdale 2x in 2015 and I really like it.  Downtown Scottsdale has great culture.

23 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Made the mistake once staying at the Sheraton across Route 3. What a friggn' dump.

Other times downtown Manhattan.

I can't imagine staying there.  The closest thing nearby is Medieval Times, which, don't get me wrong, is my favorite restaurant which involves jousting, but not what I would travel from out of state to see/eat.  To me, coming here and staying in East Rutherford would be like going to KC and skipping BBQ.

19 hours ago, Maxman said:

Seems like a lot of people do that and just take mass transit into the city when they want to do that. Depends on how long they are staying here in most cases. A lot of people seem to fly in Friday, stay in NJ, go to the City on Saturday and game on Sunday.

I suppose if you were just here for one full non-game day, that might be reasonable, but I'd always recommend coming in Friday morning at the latest, staying two nights in Manhattan, then heading to the game.  I try to do more than just make the game, because honestly, the Jets lose on pretty much all my trips, and the rest of the time is what it's all about.  Plus, this city merits so much more than a Saturday afternoon.

I suppose if you were just here for one full non-game day, that might be reasonable, but I'd always recommend coming in Friday morning at the latest, staying two nights in Manhattan, then heading to the game.  I try to do more than just make the game, because honestly, the Jets lose on pretty much all my trips, and the rest of the time is what it's all about.  Plus, this city merits so much more than a Saturday afternoon.

Hey, I was 24 years old attending my first Pats/Jets game in the Meadowlands. Took the train down from Boston and we drank a bottle of JD with unsweetened ice tea (never forget that) by the time we hit Penn Station.

I thought the Sheraton was the Taj Mahal at the time.

Twenty plus years later, we stayed at the Waldorf (something I always wanted to do) for my last Pats/Jets game in the Meadowlands.

To this day, Manhattan is the greatest place in the world.

On 4/17/2016 at 9:20 PM, joerb31 said:

Last year for the Indy game I flew into Chicago on a Friday.  Friday I did a Cubs/Cardinals game at Wrigley.  Saturday drove to Notre Dame to see a Notre Dame game.  Sunday I toured all of Chicago while my cousin went to the Bears game.  (I also saw some of Chicago on Saturday morning and night as well).  Monday drove to Indy early and my cousin is nuts and drove us past security onto the Indy 500 track lol.  Then met up with @JoeC36 and others pregame.  The drive back to Chicago after was brutal but I wasn't driving.

This year if all goes well I'm flying into KC on Thursday morning.  Thursday afternoon I'd like to drive to Nebraska and do a steak tour in Omaha or go to Iowa. (I also want to try to see all 50 states).  Friday drive to St. Louis for the day (about 3 hours each way) and do a Budweiser brewery tour and see the Gateway arches.  Saturday morning go to Kansas and then Saturday afternoon and evening eat BBQ in KC and then Sunday all day Jets.  Fly home Monday.  Not sure if this will all happen but I'm trying for it. 

Kind of disappointed that the Cardinals and Royals are both away the weekend of the KC game. 

11 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Last year for the Indy game I flew into Chicago on a Friday.  Friday I did a Cubs/Cardinals game at Wrigley.  Saturday drove to Notre Dame to see a Notre Dame game.  Sunday I toured all of Chicago while my cousin went to the Bears game.  (I also saw some of Chicago on Saturday morning and night as well).  Monday drove to Indy early and my cousin is nuts and drove us past security onto the Indy 500 track lol.  Then met up with @JoeC36 and others pregame.  The drive back to Chicago after was brutal but I wasn't driving.

This year if all goes well I'm flying into KC on Thursday morning.  Thursday afternoon I'd like to drive to Nebraska and do a steak tour in Omaha or go to Iowa. (I also want to try to see all 50 states).  Friday drive to St. Louis for the day (about 3 hours each way) and do a Budweiser brewery tour and see the Gateway arches.  Saturday morning go to Kansas and then Saturday afternoon and evening eat BBQ in KC and then Sunday all day Jets.  Fly home Monday.  Not sure if this will all happen but I'm trying for it. 

Kind of disappointed that the Cardinals and Royals are both away the weekend of the KC game. 

The ride home from Indy was even worse. We drank till 4 then left at 7. 

17 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I already see seats on SH $120 a seat behind the Jets bench lower level. 

Airfare to pigsknuckle..I mean Omaha is booked lol $237 for a round trip ticket. :lol: we had 3 people stay in a suite in the staybridge in Independence MO two years ago, half way to bar district and half way to arrowhead. its was like $300 for the suite split 3 ways. I will be bringing Pork roll, Polish dogs and scotch eggs for the tailgate. everybody is invited to my little tailgate except Maxman. repeat,  @Maxman is not invited. please stay away, thank you.

The game plan is to barhop in west port Saturday night, that place was fun last time.

@Green DNA Craig, you and your son are welcome if you make it along with @Jetfan13 Albert. I am a guest of a Chiefs fan so @joebabyny dont get pissed at me :( Im gonna stop by  

Disclaimer: Max, I'm just ******* with you

1 hour ago, BP said:

Airfare to pigsknuckle..I mean Omaha is booked lol $237 for a round trip ticket. :lol: we had 3 people stay in a suite in the staybridge in Independence MO two years ago, half way to bar district and half way to arrowhead. its was like $300 for the suite split 3 ways. I will be bringing Pork roll, Polish dogs and scotch eggs for the tailgate. everybody is invited to my little tailgate except Maxman. repeat,  @Maxman is not invited. please stay away, thank you.

The game plan is to barhop in west port Saturday night, that place was fun last time.

@Green DNA Craig, you and your son are welcome if you make it along with @Jetfan13 Albert. I am a guest of a Chiefs fan so @joebabyny dont get pissed at me :( Im gonna stop by  

Lol all good BP. 

I am really looking forward to KC. Speaking with my friend in KC, who is a big guy in the BBQ world, about what we are going to put together is getting me craving some brisket! I had to go buy one this morning to toss in the smoker tonight!

6 hours ago, BP said:

How far of a ride is Omaha?  Anything good there?

Airfare for Friday to Tuesday into Kansas City is $240 round trip.  If I do Thursday or Friday to Monday it's $396.  Thinking visit the state of Kansas and Iowa/Nebraska on Friday.  Saturday and Sunday chill in KC and Monday drive to St. Louis to see the Gateway Arches, Budweiser tour and see part of a Cardinals game.  It's a bit of a drive though but I'd like to see as much as I can since I don't really see myself out in KC for any other reason anytime soon.

On April 18, 2016 at 0:10 AM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

you gotta love the legendary JN state of the art quotation system.

Omaha is a 2 1/2 hour drive from KC and the only reason I'm going there is because a friend of mine lives there and I'm staying over Friday and Sunday and he's driving to Kc for the game.

St Louis is a fun town. You gotta go to "the loop" it's a cool bar district. I would go to St. Louis lol forget about Iowa and Nebraska.

3 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

How far of a ride is Omaha?  Anything good there?

Airfare for Friday to Tuesday into Kansas City is $240 round trip.  If I do Thursday or Friday to Monday it's $396.  Thinking visit the state of Kansas and Iowa/Nebraska on Friday.  Saturday and Sunday chill in KC and Monday drive to St. Louis to see the Gateway Arches, Budweiser tour and see part of a Cardinals game.  It's a bit of a drive though but I'd like to see as much as I can since I don't really see myself out in KC for any other reason anytime soon.

Archived