****Official 2016 Road Trips Thread****

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PatsFanTX said:

You telling a mod that he posted in the wrong forum??

Anyway, if you guys get the chance, book a road trip to KC.

By far, the best football atmosphere in the NFL.

Was going to do KC, but pivoted at the last minute to do two road trips for the money as opposed to one. The trip were really saving for is New Orleans in 2017. 

In my plans Mike.

Have you been to KC Al?

Went in '05 or '06 to watch the Pats in a late November game.

Saw Brady set a career record.

He tossed 4 picks that day and the Chiefs kicked about 7 FG's and the Pats lost.

Still had a great time and what an incredible venue for a football game!

You will enjoy that trip.

33 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Have you been to KC Al?

He tossed 4 picks that day and the Chiefs kicked about 7 FG's and the Pats lost.

Anything you recommend to see out there? Was thinking about driving to St. Louis to see the Gateway Arches and Kansas isn't far from KC either.  (One of my goals is to try to see all 50 states if I can).

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Have you been to KC Al?

I went to KC a few years ago to see the Yankees play the Royals. Got there on a Friday night, was going to the game on Saturday. That Friday night was the night that Mariano Rivera tore his ACL shagging fly balls.

I stayed at Harrah's about 30 - 40 minutes away with my Dad. Definitely a cool place.

7 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Looking at either KC or Arizona.  Arizona being a Monday nighter might push me to KC.    I usually stay by Country Club Plaza in KC, lots of hotels and restaurants and no driving needed.

Nice, I will pass it on to the wife. KC is a sure thing for us.

Anything you recommend to see out there? Was thinking about driving to St. Louis to see the Gateway Arches and Kansas isn't far from KC either.  (One of my goals is to try to see all 50 states if I can).

It was a quick weekend trip for us. Flew in Sat and flew out Mon morning. Spent Sat downtown. Excellent restaurants, especially if you like ribs and brisket.

I've been to every state except Alaska (we are going this summer) and South Dakota. Tried talking Mrs. PatsFanTx into going to the bike rally up in Sturgis. When she saw all the pics, she nixed that idea rather quickly.

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

It was a quick weekend trip for us. Flew in Sat and flew out Mon morning. Spent Sat downtown. Excellent restaurants, especially if you like ribs and brisket.

I've been to every state except Alaska (we are going this summer) and South Dakota. Tried talking Mrs. PatsFanTx into going to the bike rally up in Sturgis. When she saw all the pics, she nixed that idea rather quickly.

Jus curious, you ever been to a Jets -Pats game at the Meadowlands? (or Shea)

23 hours ago, Jetfan13 said:

Haven't but Jimmy (BP) went last time the Jets were there and said it was awesome. Looking forward to it.

KC and Miami this year.  KC was a blast in 2014, that's where tailgating was invented. Nobody, and I mean nobody in arrowhead parking lot had a gas grill lol all charcoal. Easy to get in and out of stadium (like the old giants stadium) and they come around in the stands and sell beer (like the old old days). The Chiefs fans were all very very cool. The Jets lost that day and it was still one of the best game day experiences I've ever had. 

Is @Maxman claiming he's going to go on a road trip again? :rl:  I'll believe that when I see it. The only one he's been on from what I remember were two playoff games in Pittsburgh, one involving pancakes with an administrator from a jets site and the other he was being pelted with ice balls by Steeler fans at the tailgate. Let the record state the Jets lost both of these games.

I'll see you next month, Albert ;)

BP out

3 hours ago, De-Jet-Erate/Duane said:

I am going to Pitt too. My brother is a Steelers fan and it's on his birthday so my boys and I are going to take him.

Duane - this is great.  Shane wants to go. And I might be taking my daughter out to visit her friend and a college there. So it would just be Shane and I at the game. If I sit in between You, Derek, Devin and Shane I should be able to shoot my mouth off all game and remain safe. Just the way I like it lol.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Can only make the Pittsburg game since the next day I'm off for Columbus Day. However the wife is seriously scared for her safety. So who else is going to the steeler game? We can wave green towels 

We should all try to get tickets together. It is better when there are giants like Duane around. :)

Archived