The Difficulty of the Jets 2016 Schedule is a Myth

Here's why I call bullsh*t on strength of schedule....if one good team from last year sucks this year, at the end of the year the strength of schedule looking back would be easier and thus different.  Let's just hope we don't make some else's strength of schedule easier by sucking....Ya follow?

3 hours ago, BrickTamland said:

Nice. Though I do believe in the statement and was hoping others might have an opinion.

Rather you HOPE the statement is true and you believe someone can give you some bs justification to validate your hope.

1 hour ago, Jetlag said:

Rather you HOPE the statement is true and you believe someone can give you some bs justification to validate your hope.

I appreciate your wordplay but you are incorrect. I believe the statement.

So, we play the cards, pitt and seattle. Whoop dee doo. Give us those three losses if you wish.

Still, leaves us with:

Ravens, browns, 9ers, fins ,fins, Rams. That's 6 should-wins right there.

finally we have:

pats pats bills bills colts bengals Chiefs. ALL CERTAINLY WINNABLE.

tough games sure. But certainly not "oh my freaking goodness the schedule is gonna kill us"

We need to get over ourselves with this hard-schedule poop

I appreciate your wordplay but you are incorrect. I believe the statement.

So, we play the cards, pitt and seattle. Whoop dee doo. Give us those three losses if you wish.

Still, leaves us with:

Ravens, browns, 9ers, fins ,fins, Rams. That's 6 should-wins right there.

finally we have:

pats pats bills bills colts bengals Chiefs. ALL CERTAINLY WINNABLE.

tough games sure. But certainly not "oh my freaking goodness the schedule is gonna kill us"

We need to get over ourselves with this hard-schedule poop

In Jet land you have to expect the worst and hope for the not worst, anymore than that and the football Gods wil dash us to an 0-7 start and make us 2-14ers...Now stop trying to give these people false hope and jinx us all to hell...

Strength of schedule in April is a bunch of crap.   You don't know anything about injuries, the draft or anything.  

The division only plays 2 different games.   That's it.  The jets get the Chiefs and the colts.  The pats get the Broncos and Texans.  Seems about the same.  Jets schedule looks harder than pats because they play the pats who had more wins and he pats play the jets who have less. 

I agree to an extent, but the AFC East plays the AFC North and NFC West, which are both strong divisions. So overall the AFC East teams may end with a lower overall record, making seeding and wild card spots harder.

Put another way ... who wouldn't rather play the NFC East / South, and the AFC South, this year?

Having said that - good teams win the games they have in front of them. Those other teams' fans are probably looking at the AFC East and seeing a tough schedule too. No-one can use the weak schedule excuse this year to belittle player / team performances.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Plus Broadway Joe's animal magnetism.

Geez he nails one stinking sheep and you never let him forget..No pulling the wool over Spermy plus you did tell him F-Ewe so he was just following your advice..:)

• Upvote 1