Jets Draft

Rosemont

Who are we gonna take?

We do not need to pick a QB with our 1st rounder. We need a pass rusher and some OL help.

Sign Fitz and let Petty grow on the sidelines or have we given up on him already?

Please do not draft another qb in the 1st or 2nd rd

3 minutes ago, Rosemont said:

Who are we gonna take?

We do not need to pick a QB with our 1st rounder. We need a pass rusher and some OL help.

Sign Fitz and let Petty grow on the sidelines or have we given up on him already?

Agree we need an immediate impact player we can pick a QB in the later rounds and go with Geno or Petty or cheap free agent, 

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I agree that we shouldnt take a QB.  There's a strong possibility that the OL or OLB that we covet will be gone. The good thing is the Jets at #20 could actually have first dibs at a WR. I wouldnt mind going WR. Outside of Marshall and Decker we have Smith coming back from an ACL. 

I think Spence will be there who is probably the best edge rusher in the draft.  Interesting to see how Macc reacts.  He's supposed to be interviewing well

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

I think Spence will be there who is probably the best edge rusher in the draft.  Interesting to see how Macc reacts.  He's supposed to be interviewing well

I dont know. Its hard seeing a guy who could be considered the best rusher in the draft falling to 20, meaning that if he falls to 20 is for a reason. That just doesnt happen if people think that highly of you. On top of the fact that he's not even a solid projected 1st rounder but on the bubble between the 1st and 2nd. 

Personally Im comfortable with Mauldin as our pass rusher while we try to find a run stopping/coverage type LB to play opposite. 

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

Yes little green men interviewed  him while he was on ecstasy and gave their approval. 

Edge rusher is our primary need, but it looks like the Jets don't think Petty is a franchise QB, so they might go QB and if they do they probably will trade up a few slots to get one, ideally we trade Wilk for 1st rounder and get both.  A first round haul of

Lynch and Floyd would be acceptable.

10 hours ago, Rosemont said:

Who are we gonna take?

Welcome to the board. :welc:

As you'll come to find out, every possible topic, rumor and draft/trade scenario has been debated ad nauseum.

That's why some are a little salty. I'd say 50% of folks on the board agree with you on the 1st rd. needs in this draft

The other 50% feel getting a QB at all costs is the right approach until the Jets get their franchise QB

We just need the draft to get here and see how the whole Mo scenario works out and how MacCagnan can perform.

12 days. 12+ hours to go.

We're liked people shipwrecked on Revis Island fighting for scraps of food while we wait to be rescued!:help:

NB... don't forget to use the emoticons in your posts. They're a lot of fun:Banane43:

10 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont know. Its hard seeing a guy who could be considered the best rusher in the draft falling to 20, meaning that if he falls to 20 is for a reason. That just doesnt happen if people think that highly of you. On top of the fact that he's not even a solid projected 1st rounder but on the bubble between the 1st and 2nd. 

Personally Im comfortable with Mauldin as our pass rusher while we try to find a run stopping/coverage type LB to play opposite. 

Oh there's a very good reason he might fall to 20.  He was expelled from Ohio State for testing positive for ecstasy, then transferred to E.  Ken.  Where he promptly got arrested for public intox.  

He's been seemingly clean since.  He's a recent interview with him.  I've read he is taking ownership of his misbehavior in NFL interviews.  Still a lot of people are going to be leery.

13 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Oh there's a very good reason he might fall to 20.  He was expelled from Ohio State for testing positive for ecstasy, then transferred to E.  Ken.  Where he promptly got arrested for public intox.  

He's been seemingly clean since.  He's a recent interview with him.  I've read he is taking ownership of his misbehavior in NFL interviews.  Still a lot of people are going to be leery.

Yeah, I heard about his past drug use, not really about his arrest. I think that even outside of these off the field issues, he wasnt all that great on tape to me. I would pass, though its great that the young man is owning his actions and looking to mature. 

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Agree we need an immediate impact player we can pick a QB in the later rounds and go with Geno or Petty or cheap free agent, 

Joe, please NEVER AGAIN say the Jets can "go with Geno" Been there, done that and moved on. Petty I am not sure of and I don't think Bowles or Mac really know if he can be the "guy" just yet. Geno Smith is not and never will be a quality starting QB in the NFL. Game is too fast for him at this level. When the pressure is on, he cracks like an egg.

Love the trade scenario someone else brought up regarding trading Mo to Titans for 2 twos & moving up. With Harris hitting 33 it's time to get our stud MLB replacement too in this draft. Love Ragland at some point. Maybe try & get a WR that falls into the top of the 2nd like Treadwell? Imagine Ragland, Treadwell, OT & best Center available in first 4 picks?

6 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

Joe, please NEVER AGAIN say the Jets can "go with Geno" Been there, done that and moved on. Petty I am not sure of and I don't think Bowles or Mac really know if he can be the "guy" just yet. Geno Smith is not and never will be a quality starting QB in the NFL. Game is too fast for him at this level. When the pressure is on, he cracks like an egg.

I think eventually moves on, the pressure is off & he becomes a pretty good QB somewhere else ala a Kordell Stewart type. Too many Jet fans have soured & the pressure cooker created not by the game but by our own fans is too much to overcome for Geno. He'd have to play PERFECT every game & even that wouldn't be enough. He gets booed just by taking the field. Jet fans Boo every incompletion. He's just hated here by the majority of Jet fans & they've decided he will not now, nor ever support the guy on the field. When you get to that point you have to have a change of scenery & Geno can talk about how confident he is till the cows come home, but like Sanchez, any mistake is amplified at Metlife to deafening noise. It's over for Geno here of ever being our starting QB by choice not injury to other QBs.

43 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

They went with Geno who maybe wasn't ready right its the excuse many are using with Petty but ignored for Geno.  

He had the worst OC in the league and the worst WR corps Clyde Gates and David Nelson. 

31 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I think eventually moves on, the pressure is off & he becomes a pretty good QB somewhere else ala a Kordell Stewart type. Too many Jet fans have soured & the pressure cooker created not by the game but by our own fans is too much to overcome for Geno. He'd have to play PERFECT every game & even that wouldn't be enough. He gets booed just by taking the field. Jet fans Boo every incompletion. He's just hated here by the majority of Jet fans & they've decided he will not now, nor ever support the guy on the field. When you get to that point you have to have a change of scenery & Geno can talk about how confident he is till the cows come home, but like Sanchez, any mistake is amplified at Metlife to deafening noise. It's over for Geno here of ever being our starting QB by choice not injury to other QBs.

Sad but true.

The Jets shouldn't draft a QB just for the sake of drafting a QB.  If they have conviction that Lynch or Hackenberg or Cook are something special than by all means go for it.  As for a veteran obviously Fitzpatrick is the main option, failing that they could trade for Glennon or perhaps Hoyer. If Hoyer is brought in I assume he would battle Geno for the #1 spot as insurance in case Geno can't handle it. 

57 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yeah, I heard about his past drug use, not really about his arrest. I think that even outside of these off the field issues, he wasnt all that great on tape to me. I would pass, though its great that the young man is owning his actions and looking to mature. 

I just would never want to draft a guy I knew had a dope history.  Picks are important.   

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

He absolutely dominated at the Senior Bowl against some OT's we are discussing drafting.  I was still opposed to drafting him, but have to say since watching the video I've changed my mind.  He really seems like an intelligent, nice kid who gets it now.  Of course could all be a show.

I've noticed the same thing that Brooks noticed in the Video.  He's got a lighting first step, really gets off the ball well.  Some more technique will come with NFL coaching.

I'd have to take the risk and pull the trigger on him.  Understand why others won't 

9 minutes ago, flgreen said:

He absolutely dominated at the Senior Bowl against some OT's we are discussing drafting.  I was still opposed to drafting him, but have to say since watching the video I've changed my mind.  He really seems like an intelligent, nice kid who gets it now.  Of course could all be a show.

I've noticed the same thing that Brooks noticed in the Video.  He's got a lighting first step, really gets off the ball well.  Some more technique will come with NFL coaching.

I'd have to take the risk and pull the trigger on him.  Understand why others won't 

I'm starting to feel the same way.

I'm  also starting to feel if we want him, we need to leapfrog a team, or two, right in front of us.

14 hours ago, 77DRAFT said:

Edge rusher is our primary need, but it looks like the Jets don't think Petty is a franchise QB, so they might go QB and if they do they probably will trade up a few slots to get one, ideally we trade Wilk for 1st rounder and get both.  A first round haul of

Lynch and Floyd would be acceptable.

Except the Jets don't have two first round picks, so how do they get Lynch and Floyd. Will be lucky to get one of them at 20. 

3 hours ago, flgreen said:

He could be good. I seen some of his games and I didnt see a guy who dominated at that level. Like Khalil Mack for example. The moment you put on his tape you knew this dude was on a much different level. I didnt feel that with Spence. I didnt see much from the Senior bowl this year. 

Archived