Hoyer Is Now A Free Agent

KRL

10 minutes ago, ljr said:

He certainly had a good season for a hold the fort type of player last year ... If we can keep him another year with average NFL starter salary ... AND ... Get out of the deal year 2 with minimal guaranteed $ in hopes of Petty or a 2016 draft pick being ready for their shot then yes.

Average starter salary for a below average starter that no one in the league signed even though "average" means there are 10 plus teams with worst QBs? I guess he's not that average as some may think he is. He's a borderline starter/backup. 

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BrickTamland said:

Not fighting you there. However, Im thinking he gets 10tops tho, regardless of what he "wants"

Can we not go by what's been reported.  If we offered 8 or so mil and he would take 9-10 they wouldn't report that they're significantly apart. 

neither guy is getting signed before the draft.  if the jets don't land a QB in the draft, they are bringing back fitz unless denver matches the jets offer

they way he is playing this, I feel Fitz will walk away if if he doesn't get a starter gig or the jets job

he isn't going to panic, and certainly not if hoyer is involved, lol

fitz and his wife both graduated from harvard, he isn't sweating his next contract, lol

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

At least he made the playoffs unlike Fitzpatrick. 

Right, you tell him. Hoyer single handedly lifted the Texans to the playoffs in the hardest division in football, and Fitz could not even do it in the crappy AFC Least. 

When JW12 talks, peopes should listen!!

sign Hoyer to fight it out with Geno! Not really a fight, over 600 bucks, but for the starting job!!

JW12 for president of this message board!

3 minutes ago, BowlesMovement said:

Right, you tell him. Hoyer single handedly lifted the Texans to the playoffs in the hardest division in football, and Fitz could not even do it in the crappy AFC Least. 

When JW12 talks, peopes should listen!!

sign Hoyer to fight it out with Geno! Not really a fight, over 600 bucks, but for the starting job!!

JW12 for president of this message board!

STOP grow up already. 

Fitzpatrick is who we know he is a journeyman QB nice guy,great team mate who has never made the playoffs in 11 years in the NFL with 6 different teams. 

Hoyer is another question mark as far as I'm concerned. 

19 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Average starter salary for a below average starter that no one in the league signed even though "average" means there are 10 plus teams with worst QBs? I guess he's not that average as some may think he is. He's a borderline starter/backup. 

Do you judge his 2015 season as below average?

I'm not much of a Fitz fan either, but you're wrong about him.  He's a marginal starter but a good backup.  Hoyer plain sucks.

Again, Hoyer has a winning record in the NFL (including the with the friggn' Browns) and took his team to the playoffs.

Neither what Fitz could not accomplish in 11 years with 6 different teams.

All Pats, Bills and Phins fans are hoping that the Jets are so stupid to resign Fitz.

8 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

STOP grow up already. 

Fitzpatrick is who we know he is a journeyman QB nice guy,great team mate who has never made the playoffs in 11 years in the NFL with 6 different teams. 

Hoyer is another question mark as far as I'm concerned. 

I thought things were going well between us? WTF?

8 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

He was ranked in the bottom 20% of all QB measures.

He was worse than just below average.

That particular ? Was addressed to j4jets to see where he stood in terms of being reasonable ... Your views have been long known

31 minutes ago, ljr said:

Do you judge his 2015 season as below average?

I judge him as a player, not a stat line. He played THE worst schedule, played against mostly bottom of the barrel D that were further depleted with injuries when we faced them, and we still failed to make the playoffs. So yeah, I watch the game, not the scoreboard.

2 minutes ago, j4jets said:

I judge him as a player, not a stat line. He played THE worst schedule, played against mostly bottom of the barrel D that were further depleted with injuries when we faced them, and we still failed to make the playoffs. So yeah, I watch the game, not the scoreboard.

Nice bobbing & weaving ... Can you answer the question please?

39 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

And the Texans kicked the Jets ass head-to-head.

Sh1t for Brains, The Eagles kicked the Patriots ass head to head. So I guess Bradford is better than Brady.  BTW, Hoyer didn't even play in that game.   

In all honesty, there is not much difference in Hoyer or Fitzpatrick, both had very similar stats in the last year with the Texans.  Either Hoyer or Fitzpatrick would be considered "hold the fort" guys.  The bottom-line is the Jets have to get a long term solution at QB.

In all honesty, there is not much difference in Hoyer or Fitzpatrick, both had very similar stats in the last year with the Texans.  Either Hoyer or Fitzpatrick would be considered "hold the fort" guys.

The Jets have had "hold the fort" QB's for the last 47 years.

31 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Can't change the Fitz haters. And I don't want to. They make no sense at all. 

No one hates Fitzpatrick. Its just that people don't think he is worth the coin he is apparently asking for, nor is his body of work any sign of him being worthy of it. From what can be seen, good dude, good teammate, tries hard, physically tough but also physically lacking... slow, weak arm, decent vision at best, and craps the bed when it matters most. 

7 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Oh yea, that was the game where TJ Yates lit up a $17MM CB.

Too bad we didn't get lucky on a 6th round pick who only played because the starting QB got knocked out of the game.  It's true what they say,"it's better to be lucky than good."  Of course all the cheating from that embarrassing franchise helped "win" their Super Bowls anyway.

Too bad we didn't get lucky on a 6th round pick who only played because the starting QB got knocked out of the game.  It's true what they say,"it's better to be lucky than good."  Of course all the cheating from that embarrassing franchise helped "win" their Super Bowls anyway.

The Jets passed on Brady 6 times in 2000.

SOJ.

23 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Oh yea, that was the game where TJ Yates lit up a $17MM CB.

20 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Jets have had "hold the fort" QB's for the last 47 years.

Take this troll off ignore and wonder why...

do you hold your c@ck in your hand while you type these useless posts?

Some people will never be happy. If a Qb throws a Td and it's a wobbly throw it still counts as 6. And Marshall didn't mind jumping up to make some of those receptions. He considers it just a part of the job. Either did Jerry Rice. Some of these guys would have problems with Montana and say he was a rag arm and if not for Rice he was just another below average Qb. 

Just now, PatsFanTX said:

The Jets passed on Brady 6 times in 2000.

SOJ.

Brady would have been worthless without the cheating. From the hGH all the way to taping to radio games, stealing play books, to deflating footballs, he would have been nothing. Like your POS franchise was before the cheating

Archived