La Canfora Tweets

KRL

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Couldn't disagree more. 

WR is a major positional need. You have to have a pipeline of awesome coming into the organization. Jet fans are so used to the team barely having 1 relevant WR, and always needing find a new one AFTER the last one is washed up. Why not get ahead of that curve and have the next guy ready and waiting BEFORE the veterans go out to pasture?

Please stop making sense.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Couldn't disagree more. 

WR is a major positional need. You have to have a pipeline of awesome coming into the organization. Jet fans are so used to the team barely having 1 relevant WR, and always needing find a new one AFTER the last one is washed up. Why not get ahead of that curve and have the next guy ready and waiting BEFORE the veterans go out to pasture?

I wouldn't be against grabbing a WR BUT NOT in the first 3 runds - no ******* way.

Just now, Powpow said:

Mac tried to get the #1 pick from the Titans or have you been living under a rock?  Do you think he's looking to draft a punter with it? 

Okay, so Mac thinks that Goff is a franchise QB for the next 15 years.  What's that have to do with Fitzpatrick?  No one thinks that Fitzpatrick is that.

Just now, detectivekimble said:

Okay, so Mac thinks that Goff is a franchise QB for the next 15 years.  What's that have to do with Fitzpatrick?  No one thinks that Fitzpatrick is that.

Yes he does and so does anyone with a pea sized brain.  Fitz is a stop gap, a bridge until whatever rookie he gets is ready for a year or two.  Fitz wasn't even scheduled to start this past year. He was targeted as a mentor to Geno and Petty. His role was a back up and he somehow had the career of his lifetime. Good for him BUT it still remains we don't have this team's future QB....yet.  

21 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Yes a WR at some point BUT not in rd 1 - rd 3. That really should be reserved for LB OL QB. There will be quality players available at those positions when we pick and that's where are biggest holes are.  As it is Mac tried to grab the #1 pick from the Titans.  Do you think he was planning on drafting Treadwell with the #1 pick in the draft. Thi steam needs a franchise QB and sooner or later Mac has to get one and he's willing to wait a year or two to have him groomed.  That's just the way it is whether you like it or not.      

At #1 we would have the pick of the draft. We wouldn't have to see how the board falls. At 20 someone will drop way past where we valued them...but we won't know which player that will be so we need to scout them all.

If there are comparable players there we take a position of need. If not we take the BPA.,,I don't think this is too hard to follow.

Just now, Powpow said:

Yes he does and so does anyone with a pea sized brain.  Fitz is a stop gap, a bridge until whatever rookie he gets is ready for a year or two.  Fitz wasn't even scheduled to start this past year. He was targeted as a mentor to Geno and Petty. His role was a back up and he somehow had the career of his lifetime. Good for him BUT it still remains we don't have this team's future QB....yet.  

No one said Fitzpatrick doesn't have limitations.  I said he doesn't have a good arm.  Franchise QBs don't have that sort of issue.  That doesn't mean he's not a good short/intermediate thrower.  He is.  

Ideally, the Jets will find a guy who can utilize the entire playbook.

4 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

At #1 we would have the pick of the draft. We wouldn't have to see how the board falls. At 20 someone will drop way past where we valued them...but we won't know which player that will be so we need to scout them all.

If there are comparable players there we take a position of need. If not we take the BPA.,,I don't think this is too hard to follow.

As long as the first round pick isn't a WR I'm fine with that. My point is there WILL BE a OL, LB or QB or CB at 20 there that is equally rated as the WR .  I don't think this is too hard to follow.

29 minutes ago, Powpow said:

Yea and look at the other 5 teams that passed on him too.  He was a total luxury pick.  I love the kid but was totally unnecessary.  Look at the overflow and mess we are in now because of it.  I wanted Gurley who played lights out. We haven't had a RB like that since Curtis Martin.   

We already had a RB. Why would you take Gurley in the first round? 

34 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Agree 100%.

Fitz is the best bridge QB available.  He's willing to teach, as he has shown last year with Petty.  Whether it's Petty, Lynch, Cook, or maybe a QB taken in next year's draft.  I honestly can't think of another QB I want them learning behind.  And yes, he's got a poor arm.  He knows how to play football.

This is about the point that Fitz has to realize, nobody, NOBODY, is going to pay him 16-18 M.   I think he better move....................Soon 

No.

4 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

Fitz is a good passer.  A good short and intermediate passer, that is.  He can't push the ball down the field, but other than that, what are his weaknesses?

He throws a sh*t-ton of INTs and had a bunch more dropped. He's careless with the ball. Should I go on?

10 hours ago, shevys said:

He throws a sh*t-ton of INTs and had a bunch more dropped. He's careless with the ball. Should I go on?

In the last two years, he's thrown 48 TDs to 23 INTs.  That's better than a 2:1 ratio and less than 1 INT per game.  So no, he doesn't throw a sh*t ton of INTs.  You can live with that.

35 minutes ago, detectivekimble said:

In the last two years, he's thrown 48 TDs to 23 INTs.  That's better than a 2:1 ratio and less than 1 INT per game.  So no, he doesn't throw a sh*t ton of INTs.  You can live with that.

154 career TDs, 116 INTs. 59 career fumbles. 

175>154.

Live with that.

6 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

in the last 2 years w/ excellent talent around him he has thrown 23 INTs in essentially 26 games which is almost an INT per game so yeah he still throws too many INTs.  He is what he is- a solid vet that can hold the fort until you can find a franchise type QB.

33 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

In his entire 11 year career, Fitz has had far more seasons like 2005 than 2015.

You can even say 2015 was a fluke compared to what he accomplished in his other 10 years.

No doubt we haven't been blessed with great QB's..Some loved Kenny O who in 110 game starts accounted for 128 tds passing and rushing with 98 picks..As bad as Fitz may be in 105 game starts he has 167 tds passing and rushing and 116 picks.. And a fluke is just a big flounder..:)

17 hours ago, nyjunc said:

in the last 2 years w/ excellent talent around him he has thrown 23 INTs in essentially 26 games which is almost an INT per game so yeah he still throws too many INTs.  He is what he is- a solid vet that can hold the fort until you can find a franchise type QB.

Throwing too many is not the same as throwing a "sh*t ton."  And yeah, he sure had excellent talent around him last year.  A below average offensive line, a starting running back who is only effective for about two games before he gets hurt, and no TE.

Just now, detectivekimble said:

Throwing too many is not the same as throwing a "sh*t ton."  And yeah, he sure had excellent talent around him last year.  A below average offensive line, a starting running back who is only effective for about two games before he gets hurt, and no TE.

the OL was not below average, it was fine.  the Rbs were very good, the WRs outstanding and he had very good talent in Hou 2 years ago too.

I love the way the players respond to Fitz, that's the best thing I can say about him.  His play non the field is not worth what he is looking for.

16 hours ago, Savage69 said:

No doubt we haven't been blessed with great QB's..Some loved Kenny O who in 110 game starts accounted for 128 tds passing and rushing with 98 picks..As bad as Fitz may be in 105 game starts he has 167 tds passing and rushing and 116 picks.. And a fluke is just a big flounder..:)

You know I agree w/ you about Kenny being overrated by Jet fans BUT it's not fair to compare his #s to Fitz or any current QB.

Archived