Jaylon Smith to sit out 2016...is he worth taking in the 2nd Round?

3 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Good effort, fellas. Nailed it!

Still a waste of a pick, which I what I said.  Here's what he said about his recovery timetable after he was picked. 

"There's no recovery time because this is a process where we're relying on God to do his work," Smith said. "We have to be patient and you know the nerve can come back tomorrow. It's just a timing thing. Whenever it wants to come back, it'll come back."

Gee, that's encouraging.  Feel free to i-told-ya-so me after he plays a meaningful down though. 

(Btw, now that I've made my snarky response, I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge the funniest post I have seen in a long time.  Go team score the points, lmao). 

7 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The future is now! Well, I mean. It's whenever Hack might be ready in a year or two, if at all. Then the future will be then. But mostly now! Because reasons! Go team score the points!

• Thumb Down 1

• 1 month later...

On April 30, 2016 at 11:51 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Good effort, fellas. Nailed it!

All it proves Jerry Jones is lucky he can't be fired by himself.  It was a dumb pick now , and will be in the future.   Organizations can't throw away high second round picks, as these misses tend to hurt an organization for years to come.    Thank God Jerry Jones isn't making decisions for my team.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

All it proves Jerry Jones is lucky he can't be fired by himself.  It was a dumb pick now , and will be in the future.   Organizations can't throw away high second round picks, as these misses tend to hurt an organization for years to come.    Thank God Jerry Jones isn't making decisions for my team.

Yes. Because the Raiders are a model franchise. Why don't we wait and see what happens with the player long term before the rush to judgement? Good lord.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Yes. Because the Raiders are a model franchise. Why don't we wait and see what happens with the player long term before the rush to judgement? Good lord.

Why don't you take your own advice. You were ready to spike the football because some team was dumb enough to waste a second round pick on him.    Let's see if he ever the player he once was, or gets on the football field for the Cowboys.(don't you think your response was a little premature. 

• Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Why don't you take your own advice. You were ready to spike the football because some team was dumb enough to waste a second round pick on him.    Let's see if he ever the player he once was, or gets on the football field for the Cowboys.(don't you think your response was a little premature. 

I said he'd still get taken early. He did. Therefore my prediction was correct. 

Whether or not he ends up being a good player or not hasn't been determined yet. Therefore, you can't judge where he was taken yet, especially as a top ten talent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2016 at 4:26 PM, bitonti said:

Players don't come back from nerve damage. a 7th might be too much for this guy that's how scary his situation is. a 2nd would be ludicrous 

On 4/18/2016 at 6:08 PM, Long Island Leprechaun said:

He's toast. Nerve damage is the death knell. I'll  be surprised if anyone drafts him at all.

On 4/19/2016 at 7:38 AM, afosomf said:

Dr Chou nailed this from beginning...dont phuck with Chou mon

On 6/29/2016 at 3:35 PM, Raideraholic said:

Come get your crow fellas! Started for the Cowboys last night and made 7 tackles. His nerve is regenerating and he should be 100% soon. The Cowboys got a steal/stud and the Jets got Darren Lee. Which is why this team will never make the next step. 

Come get your crow fellas! Started for the Cowboys last night and made 7 tackles. His nerve is regenerating and he should be 100% soon. The Cowboys got a steal/stud and the Jets got Darren Lee. Which is why this team will never make the next step. 

Because we didn't reach for the injured guy in the first round? Cowboys may have gotten a steal but they waited to round two to do it when a lot of experts expected the kid to fall further. I wouldn't have minded if we took the kid in round three or later but the risk to take him too soon I can understand

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Thumb Down 1

Also to be fair if the cowboys were successful at trading up for Paxton lynch as it was said they were aggresivly attempting to their draft may have looked very different in a terrible way as they wouldn't have gotten jaylen smith and possibly no dak Prescott. So let's not make this out to be a cowboys are great genius drafters and jets are terrible it is a crapshoot and they got lucky

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

• Thumb Down 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2017 at 5:25 AM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Sounds like it. So we're clear - this steal/stud is regenerating his figurative nerve or a literal nerve? If literal is it just the one nerve?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 4/18/2016 at 9:13 AM, HessStation said:

Hypothetically, less than half of the 2nd Rounds picks will start as a rookie anyway, right?

Historically, players with this kind of injury don't go until the 4th-5th rounds at best, no?

But given how quickly players are coming back now from these types of injuries, and given how well rounded a player Smith is/was as a prospect, is the 2nd round crazy talk? 

I really am ******* good at this. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/30/2017 at 1:47 PM, Beerfish said:

i would not have taken him in the 2nd round too risky even if it is working okay now for the cowboys,   I hated the lee pick from day one but i do not condemn the jets for not taking smith that high after that kind of injury

Agreed. The 2nd round is way too high for a team with needs, like the Jets, to gamble like that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

You're a rotter, Mr. Smith 

You're the king of sinful sots

Your heart's a dead tomato splotched

With moldy purple spots, Mr. Smith! 

Your soul is an appalling dump heap

Overflowing with the most disgraceful assortment

Of deplorable rubbish imaginable

Mangled up in tangled up knots!

• WTF? 1

• 2 months later...