BroadwayJets

Hoyer visiting the Jets today

38 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

You probably could, but if someone decided to look at all of Hoyers games then was asked to decide which set of cherry picked GIF's most represents his career, I dont think your GIF's would be picked my friend. 

didn't say they would. remember i said i was not a fan of any of the options at qb.  you can't  show only the bad and not any of the good.  heck, there may not even be 7 good plays in his career  lol

The management would know how unpopular a move Hoyer would be. No way they make him the guy unless there's a potential franchise QB lined up in the draft.

Going into the season with Hoyer and Geno as our competing QB's would create a pretty poisonous atmosphere from day one and put their positions under unnecessary pressure once the schedule starts murdering us.

5 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The management would know how unpopular a move Hoyer would be. No way they make him the guy unless there's a potential franchise QB lined up in the draft.

Going into the season with Hoyer and Geno as our competing QB's would create a pretty poisonous atmosphere from day one and put their positions under unnecessary pressure once the schedule starts murdering us.

It's better than going into the draft with geno and petty as your only QB's 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

It's better than going into the draft with geno and petty as your only QB's 

Why does it matter who are QB's are going into the draft? Do we play a game I'm not aware of?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Isn't this exactly what happened last season?  Except this time around, swap out Fitz for Hoyer.

If someone can injure Geno and Bowles' coaching-balls still haven't dropped yet, Hoyer could start a lot.  Just like things worked out for Fitz.

11 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Why does it matter who are QB's are going into the draft? Do we play a game I'm not aware of?

ideally you want to have as many needs filled as possible beforehand so you're not depending on draft picks to fill your roster

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Isn't this exactly what happened last season?  Except this time around, swap out Fitz for Hoyer.

If someone can injure Geno and Bowles' coaching-balls still haven't dropped yet, Hoyer could start a lot.  Just like things worked out for Fitz.

Fitz is a far better QB. Said it then. Saying it now. The poisonous atmosphere was purified by the bearded wonder. 

Hoyer is a disaster.

Just now, cant wait said:

ideally you want to have as many needs filled as possible beforehand so you're not depending on draft picks to fill your roster

In what world does Hoyer fill a need? He's not a solution - Not for this season or anything else.

If we draft a QB in the first, then you can consider him as competition for your future guy. I'd rather we hold off until after the draft before committing to anything at QB, see what presents itself. Hoyer and Fitz are still going to be there.

1 minute ago, Irish Jet said:

Fitz is a far better QB. Said it then. Saying it now. 

Hoyer is a disaster.

Eh, neither are worth spending much time looking into.  I just see that Hoyer has made the playoffs and had winning records with teams like Cleveland.  Two things Fitz has never done.

So if Fitz is better (which I doubt), can't be by much.  Definitely not 5 or 10mil better.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Irish Jet said:

In what world does Hoyer fill a need? He's not a solution - Not for this season or anything else.

If we draft a QB in the first, then you can consider him as competition for your future guy. I'd rather we hold off until after the draft before committing to anything at QB, see what presents itself. Hoyer and Fitz are still going to be there.

he's a cheap veteran backup like fitzpatrick was last year. the point is you want as many players signed as possible before the draft so you have flexibility to move around if you need to instead of picking guys because you need to fill roster spots. and there's no guarantee hoyer or fitz will be available then

4 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Eh, neither are worth spending much time looking into.  I just see that Hoyer has made the playoffs and had winning records with teams like Cleveland.  Two things Fitz has never done.

So if Fitz is better (which I doubt), can't be by much.  Definitely not 5 or 10mil better.

arguing the merits of fitz or hoyer is really a pointless endeavor. these are replacement level players that no team considers a legitimate starter

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Why are they hanging out with Petty?  Don't they know Jets Fans at JN say he's not part of our plan?

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

well it's nice to see fitz make the playoffs for once

Lmao, well done sir.

I imagine the "Don't mortgage the future!" cliche fans must be salivating at a Jets future with Brian Hoyer.  It looks better to them than trading up for Goff or Wentz and trying to close the black hole at QB and maybe open a 12 year window to win a title.

Clueless fools...

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

... trying to close the black hole at QB ...

Bit racist, no?

Guys no one is in a rush to give Fitz the starter money he wants. NO ONE. If he doesn't sign with the Jets I bet he winds up taking less just to catch on with another team. The Broncos passed at his price and so will all other QB needy teams. Do I love Fitz? No. He is a stopgap at best. He choked when it was all on the line and showed why he has been a journey man QB. If I'm the Jets I trade up for the 2nd pick and take the QB or trade for the pick and then trade it for a slew of picks if my guy isnt there. Would I sign Hoyer? Mmmmmm I don't really know. I would rather have an experienced QB but with the schedule they have I'm thinking its going to be a tough year even with Fitz. You know with the talent on this team at the skill positions they need an experienced guy. So maybe I sign Hoyer if they don't get Fitz. Fitz or not I still trade up and try and get one of the QB'S.

So here it comes, right? Philly is about to trade up for Wentz, so this season is going to be Brian Hoyer, Bryce Petty, and whatever schlep falls to us at 20 or in the second round. God dammit. This is going to be one heck of an era that we're heading into.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mike135 said:

He made the playoffs while going 5-4. You know full well that Fitz completely outplayed him last season and trying to simplify it like that just makes you sound biased. Fitz has never had a winning record? He did with a "team like" the Jets, who hadn't came close to the playoffs in the previous 5 years or so. He's comfortably 5 mil better than Hoyer, which isn't to say that I'd pay him that.

I enjoyed watching the team with Fitz at the helm. I would not enjoy watching Hoyer f*cking around for 10 or so games before he'd be chased out of the City. 

7 hours ago, cant wait said:

arguing the merits of fitz or hoyer is really a pointless endeavor. these are replacement level players that no team considers a legitimate starter

I will bet you £1000 right now Fitzpatrick will be starting in the NFL in Week 1 if he's healthy.

4 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

... He's comfortably 5 mil better than Hoyer ...

So if Fitz is worth 5mil more than Hoyer...  Hoyer is gonna pay us 1mil to play?

18 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

So if Fitz is worth 5mil more than Hoyer...  Hoyer is gonna pay us 1mil to play?

What?

2 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

What?

Ha, sorry. Long night of work.

Basically I'm saying Fitz is worth $4mil.  So if he's 5mil better than Hoyer, Hoyer would pay us 1mil (4 - 5 = -1).

1 hour ago, Mike135 said:

Ha, sorry. Long night of work.

Basically I'm saying Fitz is worth $4mil.  So if he's 5mil better than Hoyer, Hoyer would pay us 1mil (4 - 5 = -1).

Fitz is worth a lot more than that and I'd say he'll get closer to 9 million when the dust settles, whether with us or Denver.

He's not worth close to what he's asking either, although he might be if not for his age, which is his biggest issue. He's actually a good NFL QB. Hoyer is not. 

8 hours ago, jetfan39 said:

didn't say they would. remember i said i was not a fan of any of the options at qb.  you can't  show only the bad and not any of the good.  heck, there may not even be 7 good plays in his career  lol

I remember what you said, but I was just putting out there that those GIF's better represent what Hoyer is then 7 GIF's that make him look like a superstar. 

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Fitz is worth a lot more than that and I'd say he'll get closer to 9 million when the dust settles, whether with us or Denver.

He's not worth close to what he's asking either, although he might be if not for his age, which is his biggest issue. He's actually a good NFL QB. Hoyer is not. 

There is NO way Fitz is getting $9m from Denver when they have Sanchez @ $4.5m this yr.

The only team Fitz has anywhere near that value is with the Jets. He's a Chan Gailey system QB and Chan is on the Jet staff.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

There is NO way Fitz is getting $9m from Denver when they have Sanchez @ $4.5m this yr.

The only team Fitz has anywhere near that value is with the Jets. He's a Chan Gailey system QB and Chan is on the Jet staff.

"closer to"

13 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

"closer to"

? I'm sorry... I'm not sure what was meant with "closer to" ?

Nice, well played!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

? I'm sorry... I'm not sure what was meant with "closer to" ?

It's pretty basic reading comprehension. 

• Thumb Down 1