Jump to content

ROUND 6: Film on Calvin Pryor


Recommended Posts

Kid improved a ton form year 1.  I was pretty down on him.  He was getting out played in the preseason by Miles and Jarrett. 

He should have a beastly year...especially with Cro not getting burned left and right. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I did not realize he had so many TD saving plays. His speed is under rated. Todd coached him up last year and he played like a seasoned veteran. PB if he stays healthy. Should have made it last year. Teams will definetly have to account for him.

 

thanks again for the vids

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Colgateman said:

I will never forget when jets fans were labeling him a huge bust and calling him trash.

i can't wait for Devin smith and Jace amaro to prove you all wrong next year

I hope you're right. At this point, just let one of those guys improve as much as Pryor did and we'll be much better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, section314 said:

I hope you're right. At this point, just let one of those guys improve as much as Pryor did and we'll be much better.

Pryor is the perfect example of why not to write off somebody after one year in the NFL. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jetdawgg said:

I did not realize he had so many TD saving plays. His speed is under rated. Todd coached him up last year and he played like a seasoned veteran. PB if he stays healthy. Should have made it last year. Teams will definetly have to account for him.

 

thanks again for the vids

Anytime! I enjoy breaking the film down! More coming

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 19, 2016 at 5:02 PM, Colgateman said:

I will never forget when jets fans were labeling him a huge bust and calling him trash.

i can't wait for Devin smith and Jace amaro to prove you all wrong next year

Some still are calling him a bust, complaining that Jets fans overrate him

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Good work, Joe. Almost all of his highlight plays come in the running game/screen recognition. While Jets fans love Pryor, we need to recognize that he is a limited player that thrives in a certain role. We can't expect him to play deep free safety the way that Rex deployed him from time to time his rookie year. Kudos to Bowles for putting him in a place where he can succeed. 

-Kyle Smith

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, @AFCEastBros said:

Good work, Joe. Almost all of his highlight plays come in the running game/screen recognition. While Jets fans love Pryor, we need to recognize that he is a limited player that thrives in a certain role. We can't expect him to play deep free safety the way that Rex deployed him from time to time his rookie year. Kudos to Bowles for putting him in a place where he can succeed. 

-Kyle Smith

Bowles was able to do that because his top priority was paying premium money to Gilcrist, who is an ex-CB who was playing more SS for the Chargers.  Brilliant move to make him a FS in Bowles" system.  

That is a position that the Jets put too much money in, and Pryor will need to get paid.  I don't know whether someone to replace Gilcrist is on the roster.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On April 19, 2016 at 10:14 PM, joerb31 said:

Pryor is the perfect example of why not to write off somebody after one year in the NFL. 

And why fans should stop talking as if their opinions are absolute fact.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, peebag said:

Excellent post - lots better than the 54th thread about Fitz.....

Appreciate it man! Check out the others on Revis/Jenkins/McLendon/Mauldin/L.Williams/Powell 👌🏻

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...