Eagles Trade Up to #2

C Mart

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If by "good idea" you mean "horrible idea".  I guess the Browns: (1) feel like Lynch is the equivalent of Goff/Wentz (seems crazy); and (2) are 100% convinced the 49ers won't take him at 7 (again, seems crazy) - or (3) are perfectly happy with Josh McCown as their QB of the future (that would be completely crazy). 

Meanwhile, the Eagles move up to take QB number 2 and will have insane money wrapped into their QB depth chart. 

This seems like the rare lose-lose deal

I'm sorry but the fact that a bunch of teams have tried trading up and now 2 have to grab these 2 qbs, well they better be Hall of famers or I'll be pissed. I mean Jared Goff And D2 Wentz? I'm so confused. These guys must be a lot better than we think. Or not since the quarterback starved Browns said no thanks. 

Just now, shuler82 said:

So the Eagles commit $25M to the QB position in 2016, and then trade away multiple picks and next year's first rounder to draft a QB. Okay. 

Look for Sam Bradford to be a Bronco.    John Elway isn't going into the season with butt fumbler as his starting Qb.    let see what the Eagles gets for him, and than we will examine just how crazy they were.

1 minute ago, Doggin94it said:

If by "good idea" you mean "horrible idea".  I guess the Browns: (1) feel like Lynch is the equivalent of Goff/Wentz (seems crazy); and (2) are 100% convinced the 49ers won't take him at 7 (again, seems crazy) - or (3) are perfectly happy with Josh McCown as their QB of the future (that would be completely crazy). 

Meanwhile, the Eagles move up to take QB number 2 and will have insane money wrapped into their QB depth chart. 

Browns are going with an analytics approach.  The amount of draft capital they just picked up to move the # 2 pick makes sense in light of that.  They clearly don't view Goff or Wentz in such a high regard that they'd turn down multiple first rounders AND a 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounder. 

2 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Or maybe Cleveland wasn't sold on wentz and did the smart thing by trading down. Philly is hedging their bets here, if they come out of this with their franchise QB it will be worth it

2 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

They could also see potential in RGIII at quarterback. I think this is a good trade for the Browns... Get out of the perpetual cycle they are in by drafting first round bust quarterbacks (which is the most likely case) and build a team from the ground up. They gained a ton and only moved back 6 spots. I think that's a major win for Cleveland (wait, what?)...

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Browns are going with an analytics approach.  The amount of draft capital they just picked up to move the # 2 pick makes sense in light of that.  They clearly don't view Goff or Wentz in such a high regard that they'd turn down multiple first rounders AND a 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounder. 

DiPodesta

7 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

So the Eagles commit $25M to the QB position in 2016, and then trade away multiple picks and next year's first rounder to draft a QB. Okay. 

These salary cap "dimwits" are one of the reasons we had to deal with Fitzpatrick's outrageous demands

And that's exactly what I was against the Jets doing.  That's a sh*t ton of picks for the 2nd best Qb in the draft. 

And it would have taken the Jets much more considering their 1st rounder is 12 spots after the Eagles. 

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

but does smart get you a franchise qb, or does sheer desperation?

Smart CAN get you a franchise QB.  Sheer desperation NEVER gets you a QB.  It just gets you to pay ridiculous sums to the likes of Brock Osweiler and Sam Bradford. 

Or maybe it gets you the QB you want in a draft but never allows you to be able to effectively build around him because of lack of draft capital.

Archived