C Mart

Eagles Trade Up to #2

I hang around here all day and nothing, then go for lunch and boom goes the dynamite!

Well we will only know a couple years down the road whether the jets dodged a bullet or took a bullet. 

My only hope out of all of this with Lynch looking like he is he next domino is that the real jag QBs starting with Cook and such do not get overvalued and over drafted by the jets.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don't think its as bad of a deal for thr Eagles as it seems. They have Bradford who they can potentially trade this or next year and get a lot of those picks back. Now for the Jets who don't have a player that can generate a return of the draft picks you gave up for the 2nd pick, the asking price was too high. 

I can see Philly unloading Bradford to San Fran (would Chip Kelly go after him again?) Denver, or Buffalo (Idk about their cap space though).

Bradford has Jacob Marley like cash boxes attached to him, no one is going to give them a heck of a lot for a guy with questions AND being over paid.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

FWIW, scouts inc. on espn has cook rated higher than lynch.  

Not surprising. I have yet to look at tape of Lynch and said to myself "I hope this dude is there when we pick at 20". 

I think if people removed the influences around them and just looked at the QB's and their tape, Lynch would be 5th or 6th on the list. 

1 hour ago, cant wait said:

I would think Cleveland takes him at 8 now 

Gil Brandt doesn't think Cleveland is done moving. Maybe TN moves up for OT & Clev takes QB at 15. 

Just now, C Mart said:

Gil Brandt doesn't think Cleveland is done moving. Maybe TN moves up for OT & Clev takes QB at 15. 

at this point, these trades will force the hand of the next qb desperate team.  i wonder if it's the jets.

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

That would be brilliant!

Is this the new trend? we need to announce Geno as the starter immediately. I don't want to win a single game next year

• Upvote 2

I (not-so) secretly love the fact that the teams with ample cap space, are collecting draft picks...to be traded for Mo. 

Im guessing a low round pick this year and a future first. Though multiple 2's (three) would do it for me also. 

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

at this point, these trades will force the hand of the next qb desperate team.  i wonder if it's the jets.

Being a QB desperate team is no place to be strategically.  Although reaching with a 1st round pick when there are other more sure thing players is not necessarily a good idea, I do see the point in possibly taking the B QB A in the second round until you find a QB (unless it is just a completely stupid move based on who is available). 

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Bradford has Jacob Marley like cash boxes attached to him, no one is going to give them a heck of a lot for a guy with questions AND being over paid.

I don't want Bradford and didn't even like him in college. Wouldn't pay him all that money. But some QB hungry team might just do it. The Eagles could be content starting Chase Daniel for a year if they want Wentz to sit and learn. 

Or, as you stated no one else is paying Bradford current contract. All food for thought as we starve our asses off til the draft. 

Just now, Greenseed4 said:

I (not-so) secretly love the fact that the teams with ample cap space, are collecting draft picks...to be traded for Mo. 

Im guessing a low round pick this year and a future first. Though multiple 2's (three) would do it for me also. 

Trade Mo for a bunch of nobodies guys that usually dont even wind up on the roster, no thanks. 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Some of us work for living. 

You might as well just go onto 48 years and counting and vacate the premises because it isn't happening this year

Just now, joewilly12 said:

I have nothing against janitors.

Mmmmmmmm if I'm the Jets I'm calling Tampa right now, Lynch is goneeeeee way before we Draft Browns may take him at 8 or even Dallas?

What the Fook are Philly doing, some real Dumb Shi*t right there.

22 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He does? I was thinking the opposite. Next year he costs $17M to keep or you have to still pay him $4M for the privilege of cutting him. 

His trade value would be much higher without the extra $4M guaranteed. Then someone could just pick him up for $7M for this year and if you like (i.e. someone else materializes through the 2016-2017 draft or 2017 FA) then you're done. 

Sorry I had that wrong-- that's a $13M base salary plus $4M roster bonus. Couldn't the Eagles trade him next March after they pay him the $4M though? 

at this point i can see lynch going 8, and the jets trading back in the first with a team like minny so they can get the wr they want.  then the jets would take either an olb or cook.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Trade Mo for a bunch of nobodies guys that usually dont even wind up on the roster, no thanks. 

So how would you create the necessary cap room? 

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Truth hurt.

I'd love to shake your bosses hand. He must be a good guy hiring people like you

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

That 2017 $4M roster bonus was already paid though, which seemed kind of crazy at the time but may now be a shrewd move

I said $4M guaranteed next year. If he's cut then he gets $4M anyway. You can call it salary, roster bonus, or a crackerjack prize. He gets $4M next year if he's cut.

Look, IF he manages to not get injured (lol) he's fully guaranteed to get $22M on this contract. This year he receives $18M of that $22M guarantee ($11M signing bonus + $7M salary). He is still owed $4M more, no matter what.

Then on top of that, if he gets injured this year, like suffering another season-ending ACL injury or something, Bradford would get another $4M guaranteed ($8M total after this season, in 2017, even if his team cuts him).

That's why Fitzpatrick wants that contract so badly. (So would I. So would you.). It's also why his contract isn't quite as attractive to someone else, like Denver.

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I said $4M guaranteed next year. If he's cut then he gets $4M anyway. You can call it salary, roster bonus, or a crackerjack prize. He gets $4M next year if he's cut.

Look, IF he manages to not get injured (lol) he's fully guaranteed to get $22M on this contract. This year he receives $18M of that $22M guarantee ($11M signing bonus + $7M salary). He is still owed $4M more, no matter what.

Then on top of that, if he gets injured this year, like suffering another season-ending ACL injury or something, Bradford would get another $4M guaranteed ($8M total after this season, in 2017, even if his team cuts him).

That's why Fitzpatrick wants that contract so badly. (So would I. So would you.). It's also why his contract isn't quite as attractive to someone else, like Denver.

Yeah no doubt it's a gamble, but its still probably preferable to franchise tagging him, assuming he stays healthy and all

13 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I have nothing against janitors.

You shouldn't don't they help you empty the piss bucket.

14 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

I'd love to shake your bosses hand. He must be a good guy hiring people like you

You need a job we can always use another gopher or clean up person. 

The Eagles have really spent a lot of ammunition on the QB position this off season and last. 

The Eagles understand how important the QB position is in the NFL.

Other teams prefer to draft DLineman and CB's.

To each his own I guess.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

I thoroughly like how its gets personal when certain members of this board don't agree with a posters opinion. 

It proves a point about the loser you truly are.

Dont like my opinions GFY 

Macc failed to get the Jets the #1 and #2 pick in this years draft. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 6

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You shouldn't don't they help you empty the piss bucket.

I'm an Ape, I pee into my own mouth. Duh.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Eagles understand how important the QB position is in the NFL.

Other teams prefer to draft DLineman and CB's.

To each his own I guess.

Right you are TX.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Just a question.....let's say Philly feels Joey Bosa is J.J Watt.  Would you trade five picks to get him?  Other than Brady and Rodgers, what other QB would you rather have than Watt?  

Roethlisburger 

Luck

carr

rivers

Eli

Ryan

Newton

winston

Wilson

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rillo said:

The jets. 

I'd expect San Francisco or Dallas to be quite interested in Lynch.