Eagles Trade Up to #2

C Mart

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

I thoroughly like how its gets personal when certain members of this board don't agree with a posters opinion. 

It proves a point about the loser you truly are.

Dont like my opinions GFY 

Macc failed to get the Jets the #1 and #2 pick in this years draft. 

What about saying "I expected you to say this sooner" is making it personal? It in no way is a reflection of what I think of your opinion. 

It got personal when you replied about being jobless and a loser. You're out of line, joewilly12. Out. Of. Line!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc FAILS to get us in the position to pick 1 of the 2 top QBs. 

LOL.  Like anyone legitimately expected him to.  I wouldn't give away either of those hauls for Goff or Wentz.  If you're going to sell the draft for a top QB, let it be in a year where there is really a much better prospect than either Wentz or Goff.  In most years, either of them would bemid to late 1st rounders at best.  2016 is QB anemic draft compared to many others.  Start looking at 2017.

5 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Yeah no doubt it's a gamble, but its still probably preferable to franchise tagging him, assuming he stays healthy and all

No, it isn't. He only gets the franchise tag if he's healthy AND if he's awesome. Since those two things aren't happening, he's not getting tagged.

The contract was mindless, which is why it made everyone's jaw drop, prior to pointing and laughing, only to be outdone by signing Chase Daniels to a contract that would have paid him $15M if Bradford's injury occurred in the preseason (or if he beat out Bradford for the job outright).

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Eagles understand how important the QB position is in the NFL.

Other teams prefer to draft DLineman and CB's.

To each his own I guess.

Well, last year they gave away a #2 in order to exchange Bradford for Foles. 

This year they created an expensive bridge in Bradford and the contract they gave him.

They also signed a back-up to pretty good money (12 mill guaranteed).

Now they have yielded more picks, for an unknown.

If this were the jets, you would be advising site owners "not to get their panties' in a bunch" based on your flaming.

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc FAILS to get us in the position to pick 1 of the 2 top QBs. 

30 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Expected this on page 1.

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Some of us work for living. 

Truth hurt.

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I have nothing against janitors.

12 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You shouldn't don't they help you empty the piss bucket.

10 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You need a job we can always use another gopher or clean up person. 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I thoroughly like how its gets personal when certain members of this board don't agree with a posters opinion. 

It proves a point about the loser you truly are.

Dont like my opinions GFY 

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What about saying "I expected you to say this sooner" is making it personal? It in no way is a reflection of what I think of your opinion. 

It got personal when you replied about being jobless and a loser. You're out of line, joewilly12. Out. Of. Line!

Yawn........... 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

You quoted all that to demonstrate that you implied I had no job, which was the first personal remark made.

So, thank you.

I said some of us work for living thats why I didnt respond in the thread earlier. 

You then made the janitorial remark. 

1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

If by "good idea" you mean "horrible idea".  I guess the Browns: (1) feel like Lynch is the equivalent of Goff/Wentz (seems crazy); and (2) are 100% convinced the 49ers won't take him at 7 (again, seems crazy) - or (3) are perfectly happy with Josh McCown as their QB of the future (that would be completely crazy). 

Meanwhile, the Eagles move up to take QB number 2 and will have insane money wrapped into their QB depth chart. 

This seems like the rare lose-lose deal

My understanding is that none of these QBs are deemed 'can't miss' prospects.  The Browns made a great trade if they don't feel strongly about any of them.  Sure, that leaves them with McCown next year, but it also leaves them with two picks in the 1st round next year that are likely in the top half of the draft.  Hell, they could get the #1 overall next year, and get their QB then, and if they don't get #1, they have the ammo to get there.

the best part of this trade is now there is no worry about woody forcing mac to give away our next two drafts

so he can make a splash.  just hope he doesn't force mac to give away our draft for lynch.  sorry jw12   lol

17 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

The Eagles understand how important the QB position is in the NFL.

Other teams prefer to draft DLineman and CB's.

To each his own I guess.

Oh, and to just magnify the short-sightedness of your post, the Eagles are having trouble coming to agreement with heir best defensive player (C0x), surely based on some of the money they have been throwing at the qb position.

The Eagles aren't only drafting a qb, they are mortgaging a whole lot more on the position. That is very different than just "drafting" a qb, as you poorly state.

kudos to mac for NOT moving up. these prices are too extreme.

you can go far with a strong defense and a solid average qb. we won 10 games with fitz for crying out loud. its just not worth morgaging away your future for so so qbs in a weak draft.

glennon cant come soon enough imo

2 hours ago, shuler82 said:

So the Eagles commit $25M to the QB position in 2016, and then trade away multiple picks and next year's first rounder to draft a QB. Okay. 

Correction....The Eagle's committed $35 million over two years on a banged up second-tier starting QB, and $21 million over three years on a back up.....And now just traded five picks away to draft ANOTHER one....

Is Chip Kelly still there?

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Look for Sam Bradford to be a Bronco.    John Elway isn't going into the season with butt fumbler as his starting Qb.    let see what the Eagles gets for him, and than we will examine just how crazy they were.

Eagles are not eating $11,000,000 on a Bradford trade

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

And thank god he didn't.  Not at those asking prices.  Are you seriously wanting the Jets to wager two drafts worth of picks on one of those two QB's?  No offense, but glad you are not in charge. 

2 hours ago, jett said:

I'm sorry but the fact that a bunch of teams have tried trading up and now 2 have to grab these 2 qbs, well they better be Hall of famers or I'll be pissed. I mean Jared Goff And D2 Wentz? I'm so confused. These guys must be a lot better than we think. Or not since the quarterback starved Browns said no thanks. 

Not sure they are.  I think the QB supply has diluted in the last few years.  Too many gimmicky college offenses.

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

And thank god he didn't.  Not at those asking prices.  Are you seriously wanting the Jets to wager two drafts worth of picks on one of those two QB's?  No offense, but glad you are not in charge. 

So how do we FIX the QB situation here not PATCH it. 

Archived