Would anyone be against this

jetsfan719

I personally can

Not watch another season with geno smith without gouging my eyes out. Im not to up on this draft class. But would anyone be against, staying at 20. Taking BPA, pehaps building oline. Taking someone like hakenberg or cook in 2nd or 3rd. Try and trade MO for picks next year. And let Petty go thru the season as starter? Whats worse can happen? We find out petty isnt answer and endure a brutal

Season against a brutal schedule? Im not saying to tank. I say play it smart and see what we have. If we dont have it with petty we will kno and be rewarded next season with a high pick and hopefully multiple picks from a MO trade. Only downfall is players like forte decker marshall mangold revis are getting older with this option. I think this is the way to go if we dont get back fitz. I dont want to move up in a draft and waste picks on guys that arent top 10 quality..

With that said who would u take at 20 to build toward the future?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, jetsfan719 said:

I personally can

Not watch another season with geno smith without gouging my eyes out. Im not to up on this draft class. But would anyone be against, staying at 20. Taking BPA, pehaps building oline. Taking someone like hakenberg or cook in 2nd or 3rd. Try and trade MO for picks next year. And let Petty go thru the season as starter? Whats worse can happen? We find out petty isnt answer and endure a brutal

Season against a brutal schedule? Im not saying to tank. I say play it smart and see what we have. If we dont have it with petty we will kno and be rewarded next season with a high pick and hopefully multiple picks from a MO trade. Only downfall is players like forte decker marshall mangold revis are getting older with this option. I think this is the way to go if we dont get back fitz. I dont want to move up in a draft and waste picks on guys that arent top 10 quality..

I would rather be 1 and 15. Than 8 and 8.   A 1 pick is worth it.   8 and 8 gets you nothing. 

Tired of taking QBs that have all the signs of busts.  Neither Hackenburg or Cook have the stats that you would want from a QB that is draft able in the first three rounds.  Cook doesn't have the arm strength of leadership and what Hackenburg is  lacking is everything else.  If we miss out on Lynch, might as well not draft a QB in the draft.  

Try our pretty sh*tty luck again next draft.  Wash, rinse, and repeat.

this beats wasting picks on the Kellen Clemens, Geno Smith, Greg McElroy, Taj Boyd, and soon to be Bryce Petty's of the world.

go for broke or don't go at all.  At least we could fill another hole on the roster by not reaching for a QB that won't be able to ever start a game for you.

Not gonna happen

The Jets are going to work out a deal with Fitz, probably 3 years with the third voidable and they will continue to develop Petty.

I just don't see the Jets getting on the QB merry go round changing QB's every year in the hopes of finding one.

We are just going to have to be patient and hope that Petty develops.

Hindsight is 20/20.  If they pass on Cook/Prescott/Hackenberg and they never develop, MacC looks like a genius.  if they do, he looks like an idiot.

So, if they sign Fitz and load up on good players-OL, LB, CB, the team gets better and can conceivably make the playoffs.

Let's see the difference between Garrett Grayson, picked by the Saints in Round 3, and Petty.  If Grayson amounts to more, maybe we have to swing a little harder.  Since the Jets do not have a Franchise QB, they do have to keep on picking one every year.  Its a tough balance between wasting draft picks and not trying.  

Prescott may be a later round option.  If we sign Fitz for 2-3 years, Geno must be replaced with someone with upside.   Glennon will also be available next year.  

47 minutes ago, jetsfan719 said:

I personally can

I think Mac is thinking what you are thinking. 

27 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

Not gonna happen

The Jets are going to work out a deal with Fitz, probably 3 years with the third voidable and they will continue to develop Petty.

I just don't see the Jets getting on the QB merry go round changing QB's every year in the hopes of finding one.

The most logical path. This team is not tanking 2016 - coach and GM should be fired if they did. Starting any rookie QB is tantamount to tanking the season. Adding 2 - 3 starters through the draft will provide enough talent for this team to be very competitive. Lock Fitz in for 2 years, continue to develop Petty, and see where you stand at the end of the year. It amazes me that most Jets fans have given up on a very skilled QB that was clearly a 2 year project to begin with. And Fitz will have a better season in 2016 than Wentz or Goff.

8 minutes ago, TexJet said:

... It amazes me that most Jets fans have given up on a very skilled QB that was clearly a 2 year project to begin with...

This is exactly how I feel about Geno.  Except he never got the time to learn.

53 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Tired of taking QBs that have all the signs of busts.  Neither Hackenburg or Cook have the stats that you would want from a QB that is draft able in the first three rounds.  Cook doesn't have the arm strength of leadership and what Hackenburg is  lacking is everything else.  If we miss out on Lynch, might as well not draft a QB in the draft.  

Try our pretty sh*tty luck again next draft.  Wash, rinse, and repeat.

this beats wasting picks on the Kellen Clemens, Geno Smith, Greg McElroy, Taj Boyd, and soon to be Bryce Petty's of the world.

go for broke or don't go at all.  At least we could fill another hole on the roster by not reaching for a QB that won't be able to ever start a game for you.

https://www.quora.com/Why-was-Tom-Brady-drafted-so-low

just sayin - you never know

10 minutes ago, TexJet said:

The most logical path. This team is not tanking 2016 - coach and GM should be fired if they did. Starting any rookie QB is tantamount to tanking the season. Adding 2 - 3 starters through the draft will provide enough talent for this team to be very competitive. Lock Fitz in for 2 years, continue to develop Petty, and see where you stand at the end of the year. It amazes me that most Jets fans have given up on a very skilled QB that was clearly a 2 year project to begin with. And Fitz will have a better season in 2016 than Wentz or Goff.

I don't think most have given up on him at all. I'm pretty sure Geno's the one people are calling to be cut if someone has to make way.

But I also think it's unrealistic to think of him as a saviour either. Let him keep developing and he'll either show us something or he wont. It's a wait and see approach with him. I certainly wouldn't be relying on him right now. 

We're a playoff competing team with Fitz and Mo and wouldn't win more than 5 games without them IMO. 

1 minute ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

1 in a million.  Counting on that, you might as well cancel your 401k and buy lottery tickets.  Plus you have to admit the many cheating scandals helped develop that piece of sh!t.  Specially his first year as a starter.

How about we trade down (picks from this year for picks next year).  Or we take Jaylon Smith who won't play for a year (which will hurt our record).  Don't sign Fitz.  Let Geno/petty play or maybe sign Hoyer for 1 year.  Trade Mo for picks next year too.  

With our tougher schedule plus losing our starting QB, Mo, plus not adding 1st round help, we should take a big hit.  Next year we're loaded up w picks and cap space and we'll be in a great draft position.  Plus we'll have a last place schedule along w whoever we draft to be our franchise QB. 1 step back for hopefully a lot forward.  

6 minutes ago, TexJet said:

I hear you, but by all accounts, Petty has a high football IQ. Not sure we can say the same about Geno. 

I have no idea.  Haven't seen enough from either to say.  So just let 'em compete and best QB wins.

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How about we trade down (picks from this year for picks next year).  Or we take Jaylon Smith who won't play for a year (which will hurt our record).  Don't sign Fitz.  Let Geno/petty play or maybe sign Hoyer for 1 year.  Trade Mo for picks next year too.  

With our tougher schedule plus losing our starting QB, Mo, plus not adding 1st round help, we should take a big hit.  Next year we're loaded up w picks and cap space and we'll be in a great draft position.  Plus we'll have a last place schedule along w whoever we draft to be our franchise QB. 1 step back for hopefully a lot forward.  

im hearing he got some type of Marcus Lattimore type of severity to his injury - I don't know how true that is - but if Smith has any nerve damage - he's screwed... and i wouldnt be comfortable taking him with our 4th round pick... we dont have 5th or 6th rounders... we have 2 7th rounders but i dont think he will drop that far

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

I would rather be 1 and 15. Than 8 and 8.   A 1 pick is worth it.   8 and 8 gets you nothing. 

Problem is with this fan base, you'll have all the idiots flying banners saying to fire everyone.

Thats why this franchise is in a continual rut

6 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Not gonna happen

And thats exactly what I see them doing.

Hoping a QB develops and doing nothing more doesnt make sense

3 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Problem is with this fan base, you'll have all the idiots flying banners saying to fire everyone.

Thats why this franchise is in a continual rut

Yeah?  When did this happen?  

It happens other places though.

7 hours ago, shawn306 said:

Not gonna happen

That would literally be the dumbest thing the Jet could do.

If the Jets don't think Petty is ready for prime time, I'd rather he not get pressed into service. I'd rather have Geno and Hoyer battle it out for the starting job, and let Petty sit and learn another year. Why break another young QB? 

I'd like them to draft another QB, too. In that scenario, the loser of the epic Geno v. Hoyer battle would get cut. 

Archived