"Official" 2016 Jetnation Mock Discussion Tread.

Villain The Foe

39 minutes ago, JiF said:

Absolutely especially with all the work they did on the DL this offseason too.  

A WR like Fuller who is really just a full on deep threat, at least makes you have to think about rolling coverage toward OBJ.

I am a draft savant

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

It was a value and need pick. No one knows if Cruz can still run, and McAdoo runs a ton of three-wide anyway. OBJ has been working opposite stiffs like Reuben Randle and Preston Parker and still killing it, but teams were regularly double covering him last year bc Randle sucks. 

what good is having another wr when they're hammering Manning. They need OL help badly.

16 minutes ago, Powpow said:

what good is having another wr when they're hammering Manning. They need OL help badly.

The only really sh*tty position for them is left guard. Flowers was ok at OLT, Richburg is a decent center, John Jerry was fine at RG, and Pugh is a good RT. Their pass pro issues were more the result of having exactly one receiver who could get open. 

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The only really sh*tty position for them is left guard. Flowers was ok at OLT, Rich urg is a decent center, John Jerry was fine at RG, and Pugh is a good RT. Their pass pro issues were more the result of having exactly one receiver who could get open. 

ok sounds good. who am I  to question you [-X

47 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Ryan Kelly steal of this mock draft, he will go in 1st round Thursday IMO.

I did my final mock draft and have the Jets taking him in the first. Granted, its based on the fact that we have the 20th pick and by the time we pick the top 3 OT's, top 2 QB's, top WR will most likely be gone. More of a "worst case" scenario. 

Im not a fan of Leonard Floyd, The dude looks like a WR playing LB on the field and it reminds me of Dion Jordan 2.0. Not a fan of Paxton Lynch either. I would pass on both. 

I was just explaining this to someone in the thread Picking Kelly isnt a sexy pick at all, but he's a 1st round talent, you can believe that. Get him now and you have your Mangold replacement next year. You dont even have to sit him, if he can play guard he may be able to play guard if he outplays Winters. 

That was a Steal by the Colts though. Completely didnt understand how he was still on the board halfway though the 2nd round. He may not be drafted in the 1st round, but he's definitely a 1st round offensive line talent. 

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Don't sweat it, Gato. I guarantee the player you would have picked there will still be available in the sixth. ????

I got nothing, that was sick. Was it Robert Alford?

23 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Did you go over two hours?

Not sure,  but the only reason for that would be because the draft order was messed up after my first pick of the day.

2 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

I got nothing, that was sick. Was it Robert Alford?

Not sure,  but the only reason for that would be because the draft order was messed up after my first pick of the day.

I think it was Alford and that tackle the Saints took. You're the man. Balls all day.

8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Eh, not really fair and neither is actually a bad pick or anything. I don't love the Clark pick, but Cook is who I would have taken for the Colts.

I was the one who screwed up the draft order -- sorry if it messed you up.  I thought I had all of the changes in the draft after the two big trades. but I missed that one.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know the Seahawks are in dire need of a tackle, but after Shon Coleman went, I took Dixon. I think that's the guy who gets drafted high and people scratch their heads, but he reminds me of Leveon Bell.

I traded up for him in the 4th round in our draft in the Hampur.  I think he is definitely a Day 2 pick, threat out of the backfield as well.  Only knock on him is tendency to put the ball on the ground in college, which is sometimes fixable.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I was the one who screwed up the draft order -- sorry if it messed you up.  I thought I had all of the changes in the draft after the two big trades. but I missed that one.

You still heads and tails better than Goodell. :mrgreen:

He's been on-the-clock since 10pm last night.  I'd give him 20 more minutes and then robopick for him.  After that, find a replacement for him.  2 days in a row of not showing up should be enough to find  new GM. 

His teams: denver, Kansas City San Diego

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Chiefs might go WR here.  Sterling Shepard or Braxton Miller?

If its me, I am going Shephard or even Tyler Boyd ahead of Miller.  If I am KC, I want a guy with less of a learning curve who can help more this season rather than the riskier prospect, despite Miller's upside.  Just my two cents -- I know there are others who probably like Miller a lot more than I do.

Archived