"Official" 2016 Jetnation Mock Discussion Tread.

Villain The Foe

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

@T0mShane You thinking Scooby could be Zach Thomas part 2 huh? lol. 

1. Thanks for putting up with my emails today. Boss was on a warpath.

2. That is 1000% my actual reasoning here. He's been getting the Zach Thomas comp for awhile, and not just because anonymous scouts are race-obsessed trolls. Actually, that's probably the reason but whatev 

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. Thanks for putting up with my emails today. Boss was on a warpath.

2. That is 1000% my actual reasoning here. He's been getting the Zach Thomas comp for awhile, and not just because anonymous scouts are race-obsessed trolls. Actually, that's probably the reason but whatev 

First Cardale Jones being compared to Jamarcus Russell and now this? We have to find a way to stick it to Whitey! ;)

On April 24, 2016 at 6:13 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Because im nice, you can have Carolina. I'll give you one of my teams. 

They, whoever they are, say he's a tackling machine. Just keep reading good things about this kid and he's an inside backer - hmmmm nice replacement for Harris in 2017?!?!?!

14 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

First Cardale Jones being compared to Jamarcus Russell and now this? We have to find a way to stick it to Whitey! ;)

I'm gonna start a Twitter account next year saying I'm an NFL Insider, then tweet out a bunch of fake quotes detailing how NFL people think Deshaun Watson needs to switch to running back.

Just now, Powpow said:

Oops wrong post quoted. I was replying to your comment of my pick ILB Kentrell Brothers 

That dude is a beast. I came across him just going down the line of LB's coming out. I havent heard any talk on him, I never heard of him until I seen his tape and im sitting here like "how the hell is an under Leonard Floyd" getting all this love yet a true linebacker is flying under the radar like this? There's no reason imo to pick a Ragland in the 1st round when you can get this guy in the 2nd or 3rd. His instincts are apparent and he shed's blocks with ease, and most of all he shows gap responsibility. He understands how to play the position and be effective by finishing the play. I'll take that over some dude that ran a fast 40 time. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I'm gonna start a Twitter account next year saying I'm an NFL Insider, then tweet out a bunch of fake quotes detailing how NFL people think Deshaun Watson needs to switch to running back.

Dude, that sh_t would be epic. Create the account this year, if you do it right before the offseason next year it'll look suspect! lol. Whats so crazy about it is, I wouldnt be surprised if people will start using your quotes as fact. 

Please do this! lol. Love experiments like this! 

20 hours ago, Lith said:

I traded up for him in the 4th round in our draft in the Hampur.  I think he is definitely a Day 2 pick, threat out of the backfield as well.  Only knock on him is tendency to put the ball on the ground in college, which is sometimes fixable.

The fourth is tremendous value, I'd think, right? I keep seeing stuff that "scouts" (fwiw) think he could be the 2nd best back in this class. What are your thoughts? 

17 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dude, that sh_t would be epic. Create the account this year, if you do it right before the offseason next year it'll look suspect! lol. Whats so crazy about it is, I wouldnt be surprised if people will start using your quotes as fact. 

Please do this! lol. Love experiments like this! 

Lol it'd take too much effort, plus I guarantee we'll see it happen anyway. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Lol it'd take too much effort, plus I guarantee we'll see it happen anyway. 

It's been done. A few of those twitter accounts actually caught a few posters here. They read a tweet and instantly made a new thread and posted it. 

I laugh every time. 

One almost caught me though, about a month ago it was about a Mike Glennon trade. sh*t almost got real around here! lol. 

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Cleveland Browns Draft in 3 rounds. 

R1. Ezekiel Elliot RB Ohio St. 

R2. Jason Spriggs OT Indiana

R3. Nick Martin C Notre Dame

R3. Tajae Sharpe WR UMass

@Dcat if we are really going to roll with doing the 4th round then we'll need to have that spreadsheet extended. 

Gotta' love drafting early and often

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

@Dcat if we are really going to roll with doing the 4th round then we'll need to have that spreadsheet extended. 

I will add the 4th round in tonight.

Edit:  4th round is added.  Can someone please take a look and double checked that I have it right?  Thanks.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The fourth is tremendous value, I'd think, right? I keep seeing stuff that "scouts" (fwiw) think he could be the 2nd best back in this class. What are your thoughts? 

I would guess he goes late 2/early 3.  I doubt he makes it to Saturday.  I like backs that can do a little of everything -- from what I have seen and read of Dixon, he is a 3 down back, great receiver, good blocker, good runner.  Lacks high end speed, but has the quickness and power to be a solid 3 down RB.  One thing that scares me about him is tendency to fumble -- 9 in the last two seasons.

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

I wish I knew more about Sharpe so I can't assess that.  Rounds 1, 2 3a are great. The OL picks remind me of Brick/Mangold 2006 draft. Martin plays guard very well, so he'll probably start by 2017 next to Mangold. I like the comparisons to his brother. Too bad the jets draft too low in round 2 to get Spriggs. Very nice.

3 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Dcat took EXACTLY the player I predicted he'd take for the Jets in the 3rd, and EXACTLY the player he should have taken 

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

UC+Davis+v+Stanford+Xgo6NLsTGpLl.jpg

he's also a good inline blocker and we don't have Cumberland to complain about any more. But we need another blocker and another target with or without Jace Amaro.  TBH, I'm not a big fan of Amaro or Sudfeld.  And I don't know enough about Saxton.  This kid is very young, sophomore class.   

The Titans are done. 

OL - Jack Conklin, Michigan State 

• RB - Derrick Henry, Bama 

This should improve blocking, help pick up the blitz and give MM a dependable RB that can catch, get tough yards and block. 

CB - Artie Burns, UM

S - Vonn Bell, Ohio State

DE - Carl Nassib, Penn State

OLB - Jordan Jenkins, Georgia 

The Titan D sucked so DBs and passrush. 

• Favorite pick of the draft. I think Henry will be a huge help for MM and the Titans. I was surprised he dropped that far. 

16 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

The Titans are done. 

OL - Jack Conklin, Michigan State 

• RB - Derrick Henry, Bama 

This should improve blocking, help pick up the blitz and give MM a dependable RB that can catch, get tough yards and block. 

CB - Artie Burns, UM

S - Vonn Bell, Ohio State

DE - Carl Nassib, Penn State

OLB - Jordan Jenkins, Georgia 

The Titan D sucked so DBs and passrush. 

• Favorite pick of the draft. I think Henry will be a huge help for MM and the Titans. I was surprised he dropped that far. 

6 picks in the first 3 rounds..... as a Jet fan, I am envious.

Good value with Henry and Burns(character issues aside)

Chiefs 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who took over the Chiefs? 

Chiefs lost their 3rd rounder. It was forfeited for tampering with Jeremy Maclin.   Not aware that anyone has taken them over since we just expended to 4 rounds in the last day.

15 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

@T0mShane You're on the clock. Please pick a player for the packers first. Im in the middle of picking up some furniture that I purchased, I'll be away for about an hour or 2. 

@Dcat @Lith

OK.  So here is where I think we are at:

88th pick:  T0m Shane picking for GB take Leonte Carroo

89th pick: I picked Austin Johnson for pitt

90th pick: Tom picks Darian Thompson for Seattle

KC pick forfeited

Lupz is on the clock for NE.

Archived