Possible Teams for Wilkerson Trade

32EBoozer

#1)SF 49ers

Fans very discontent on the events of the last yr.

Market for 49ers tickets and PSLs is “plummeting”

People tour the new Levi's Stadium which will be home to the San Francisco 49er's football team in Santa Clara, California, U.S., on Wednesday, Aug 13, 2014. Photographer: David Paul Morris/BloombergGetty Images

The 49ers once again are proving that winning draws fans to the games, and that losing drives them away.

According to C.W. Nevius of the San Francisco Chronicle (via SportsBusiness Daily), the market for tickets and Personal Seat Licenses has been “plummeting.”

Currently, a total of 1,825 PSLs (consisting of 4,601 seats) are available, with dozens priced below market value. When the new stadium opened, tickets were completely sold out and a waiting list existed for PSLs and season tickets.

Per the report, some fans that financed their PSL purchases over 10 years are thinking about “stopping payments and walking away.” While the 49ers would have the right to enforce the PSL payments, Nevius raises a great question: What would the 49ers do if a large number of PSL holders simultaneously walk away? Sue all of them?

Regardless, things are looking suddenly ordinary for an organization that, not long ago, was moving back toward elite status.

$52m in Cap Space and need Defensive Help

Missed out on Josh Norman so they're not fraid to spend money. Mo would supply instant help as they only have Arik Armstead, 30 yr. old Glenn Dorsey and

JAG Quinten Dial

Trent Baalke is about to be out of a Job

Needs to create some excitement. Signed only 1 FA this yr.... Zane Beadles to a 3/$9.7m deal

#2 Jacksonville Jaguars

$58m in Cap Space 24th in total Defense 2015

Since Caldwell became GM in 2013

4-12; 3-13; 5-11 He won't see 2017 unless he gets to .500 this yr.

Last yr. for Jared Odrick.  Lineup Brick opposite Malik Jackson  and Fowler OLB

Shad Khan Newly renovated Waterfront Office and Residential Development and Pools in the stadium

Shad Khan=Mohammed Wilkerson

#3 Chicago Bears $22m Cap Space

22nd in Team Defense

9 Draft Picks

Ton of Cap Space 2017

#4 Tennessee Titans 18th in run defense

Boatload of picks & $29m in Cap Space

Three 2nd rd. picks  33; 43; 45

Dick LeBeau and with Morgan and Orakpo you need a 3-4 DE to set edge

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is getting very concerning.  It would be almost impossible to pull off a draft night trade with out the trade partner negotiating with Mo.  I haven't heard even any rumors that is going on.

I thought maybe the Titans would be interested, they've got the fires power.

2 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This is getting very concerning.  It would be almost impossible to pull off a draft night trade with out the trade partner negotiating with Mo.  I haven't heard even any rumors that is going on.

Mac must have run some scenarios by Mo's agent for teams that Mo would go to.. Otherwise you couldn't make any draft day deals.. :wacko:

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Stay strong.... this is the week.

Someone will cave

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Mac must have run some scenarios by Mo's agent for teams that Mo would go to.. Otherwise you couldn't make any draft day deals.. :wacko:

Agreed.

Mo and his agents have been very quiet.... makes you think that they've been working with Mac to get something done with a team that will pay him

Might be dependent on how Draft plays out. If a team misses out on their guy.... plan "B". Trade with Jets and Mo

17 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

How many draft day deals involving tagged players have gone down in the last few years?  I honestly don't know

19 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agreed.

Mo and his agents have been very quiet.... makes you think that they've been working with Mac to get something done with a team that will pay him

Might be dependent on how Draft plays out. If a team misses out on their guy.... plan "B". Trade with Jets and Mo

Could be, I hope so.  

Hate to see Mo go, it would make me crazy if he walks for no return next year

What about Carolina as a potential trade partner?  They have over $30 million in cap space since rescinding the tag on Norman.  Jared Allen retired and Mo would be an instant upgrade over Charles Johnson, who is getting up in years and was just re-signed on a one year deal.  Could possibly be a fit.

Could be, I hope so.  

Hate to see Mo go, it would make me crazy if he walks for no return next year

Jets would get a 3rd round comp pick next year if Mo walks as a FA.

Unless the Jets sign a bunch of over-priced, JAG FA's next year because they have a ton of cap space.

Losing a top 3 DLineman, in the prime of his career, for a 6th round comp pick would be hilarious.

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

What about Carolina as a potential trade partner?  They have over $30 million in cap space since rescinding the tag on Norman.  Jared Allen retired and Mo would be an instant upgrade over Charles Johnson, who is getting up in years and was just re-signed on a one year deal.  Could possibly be a fit.

Late round 1st. I'd need to have that deal completed b4 Draft to allow me some flexibility during the Draft.

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Unless the Jets sign a bunch of over-priced, JAG FA's next year because they have a ton of cap space.

Losing a top 3 DLineman, in the prime of his career, for a 6th round comp pick would be hilarious.

If Mo has another 12 sack season and plays tough against the run, Jets may actually sign him to a LT deal after the draft(if there are no suitors)

Perhaps then they decide to trade Sheldon and his 5th yr. option

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Late round 1st. I'd need to have that deal completed b4 Draft to allow me some flexibility during the Draft.

That's why Macc makes the big bucks.  What do you do if you have a deal on the table for a late first, and a team like Chicago is interested, but only if their guy comes off the board before 11.  Do you pull the trigger for the late first while you have time to maneuver or do you wait and hope the better deal can be made on draft day.

Thursday can't get here fast enough.

4 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Oh yeah kind of like what the Pats did with a guy who had 30 sacks in 3 years and traded him for the 61 st pick in the draft.  Gotcha

Just now, Lith said:

That's why Macc makes the big bucks.  What do you do if you have a deal on the table for a late first, and a team like Chicago is interested, but only if their guy comes off the board before 11.  Do you pull the trigger for the late first while you have time to maneuver or do you wait and hope the better deal can be made on draft day.

Thursday can't get here fast enough.

Can't remember a Draft where there has been so much action in advance of the draft. Add to that Norman Tag withdrawal and this is crazy.

I'd have to wait and see what happens with Bears at #11. I'd certainly have Mo's agent working out preliminary details with Carolina and the Bears.

If Mo has another 12 sack season and plays tough against the run, Jets may actually sign him to a LT deal after the draft(if there are no suitors)

Jets should have signed him to a long-term contract last year when they had the money.

I'm pretty sure MoWilk's agent has talked to all of these team so there are probably tentative agreements in place.

now to talk about the teams that have the cap space.  First, SF is not solving their attendance issues by trading a top ten pick for a 3-4 DE.  It means they need a new QB.  I think they went all in for Goff and Wentz.  As of a couple of days ago, they hadn't even met with Lynch.  

Jax is not trading out of the top 5.  Chicago's GM already said they had zero interest in trading their #1 pick for Mo.

our best bet would be trading for hopefully #2 and change. 

1 minute ago, C Mart said:

It's better than letting him walk for nothing which was your original concern. 

No it's not. I would take the damn franchise tag off him now. I know Mac has said he won't do that, and I believe there could be a draft day trade in the works.

10 minutes ago, C Mart said:

It's better than letting him walk for nothing which was your original concern. 

That is a present concern, but the alternative of paying Mo close to $20,000,000 for a 3-4 DE, would rapidly over come that.

IMO the 2nd franchise tag wouldn't be an option unless he was a consistent 16 + sack guy .  JMO.  I'm still concerned :)

9 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I'm pretty sure MoWilk's agent has talked to all of these team so there are probably tentative agreements in place.

now to talk about the teams that have the cap space.  First, SF is not solving their attendance issues by trading a top ten pick for a 3-4 DE.  It means they need a new QB.  I think they went all in for Goff and Wentz.  As of a couple of days ago, they hadn't even met with Lynch.  

Jax is not trading out of the top 5.  Chicago's GM already said they had zero interest in trading their #1 pick for Mo.

Never would expect Pick #5 for an $80m contract.

Their high 2nd (#38) would be something the Jets might consider.

We'll see soon enough.

22 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Yes being a non exclusive tagged player he can talk to anyone at all can he not?  Hell he can even sign with anyone if they want to give us two 1st rounders which isn't going to happen.  If he gets dealt it will not be for a 1st outright, it will either be a swap of an earlier pick for the jets pick plus something else or just a combo  of picks, 2nd, 3rd, 4th rounders type of package.

41 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Jones had a 12 sack season for the Pats and they traded him.. And he had the same amount of sacks total that Mo did playing one less year..

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Jets will probably give up Mo and the #20 pick to acquire a top 10 pick in the draft and maybe a later round pick. 

Can't imagine giving up all that to draft Lynch. 

Tenn. 15th pick for Mo. would be astounding. Take Treadwell and Floyd @20

Would rather get 2 or 3 later rd. picks for Mo straight up than swap picks for Lynch

Tenn. 33 & 64

SF 37, 68

Archived