32EBoozer

Possible Teams for Wilkerson Trade

Jones had a 12 sack season for the Pats and they traded him.. And he had the same amount of sacks total that Mo did playing one less year..

And the Pats got the 61st pick in the draft, not to mention a better OLineman than the 13 losers they started last year on the OLine.

Seriously my friend, what do you think the Jets will get for Mo?

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

And the Pats got the 61st pick in the draft, not to mention a better OLineman than the 13 losers they started last year on the OLine.

Ummm Cooper blows donkey dick he couldnt even beat out Ted Larson.  Ya pats got a real gem there

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

I would be happy for something like the Pats got but if it don't happen during the draft it may not happen at all unless a team loses a Lineman and gets desperate..

54 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

That's $19MM for another 1-year rental.

Are the Jets one DLineman away from contending for the Super Bowl?

LOL. Nice try TX. 

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Agreed.

Mo and his agents have been very quiet.... makes you think that they've been working with Mac to get something done with a team that will pay him

Might be dependent on how Draft plays out. If a team misses out on their guy.... plan "B". Trade with Jets and Mo

This was my thinking too. Hopefully something gets done with Mo this week.

4 hours ago, BroadwayJets said:

Don't rule out the Colts, Grigson is a neanderthal 

This I can vouch for grigson is the worst GM in the NFL.  Either him or Tanny now that Idzikiot is gone

Just now, drdetroit said:

This I can vouch for grigson is the worst GM in the NFL.  Either him or Tanny now that Idzikiot is gone

Don't forget about Reese.

3 hours ago, C Mart said:

LOL. Nice try TX. 

I love the ignorant assumption that mo would be a one year rental when we have a lot more cap room next season

• Upvote 1

Sources close to the situation tell me the New York Jets made a serious offer to the Tennessee Titans for the initial pick of the draft. Those with knowledge of the situation tell me the team was close to getting the deal done.

I’m told it is believed veteran defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson was part of the deal.

-Tony Pauline, Draft Insider

I think it's safe to say that they really valued the idea of adding our young pro-bowler to their roster, and now that they have plenty of picks to make something happen, I like our odds of still making a transaction happen with them (TEN).  

Round-Pick (trade chart point value)

2-33 (580),  2-43 (470), 2-45 (450)

3-64 (270), 3-76 (210)

All trades hinge on the valuation we receive for Wilkerson, but if Big Macc holds true to the "more than a first round pick" value he was claiming, we might see some significant movement in the form of picks coming our way.  sh*t, I'd trade the #20 AND Wilkerson to swoop up their (3) second rounders, and (2) third round picks. 

This would be a good draft to have four picks in the second round, and three picks in the third.  

Just watched the latest Jets Nation and now I'm really confused.

Cascadden and Cimini said they expect Mo and Fitz both to be back.  :confused:

OverTheCap shows us having 3mil in space and we've gotta sign rookies.

How the hell is it possible to keep Mo and sign Fitz? 

13 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Jones had a 12 sack season for the Pats and they traded him.. And he had the same amount of sacks total that Mo did playing one less year..

Doesn't NE play a 4-3 D? So it would be tough to compare Jones 4-3 DE to Mo 3-4 DE

17 minutes ago, HessStation said:

How is Glenn Dorsey already 30 and what happened to thaT career?

Yeah....6 sacks in 8 yrs. 

Mo has more tackles and 30 more sacks  in 3 less yrs.

Ya' think SF notices that?

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Doesn't NE play a 4-3 D? So it would be tough to compare Jones 4-3 DE to Mo 3-4 DE

Tough? What's the difference? Jones has half a sack less in one less year, we know sacks are what it's all about it, so therefore Jones is better. Are you gay for Wilkerson or something? :wub::wub:

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Tough? What's the difference? Jones has half a sack less in one less year, we know sacks are what it's all about it, so therefore Jones is better. Are you gay for Wilkerson or something? :wub::wub:

You need to follow your own advice!

The Chandler Jones trade established Mo's trade value as a 2nd round pick. Sure he is better then him and likely more coveted but his contract is much more expensive. 

I would love to say that well be trading him this Thursday assuming teams don't want to trade a high pick unless they see who's available when they are on the clock. We signed a bunch of Dlineman and will likely draft one. We are totally set up for a trade. 

Mo Wilkerson had as many sacks as Jones and pass rushing isn't even his biggest strength.

An absolutely laughable comparison.

• Upvote 1

In return for Chandler Jones not being a FA, the team acquiring him had to deal with him probably hitting FA after one year. Jones has even less incentive to extend with his new team than Wilkerson does. Jones trade = Wilkerson trade isn't so cut and dry, and really talent should win out anyway.

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Mo Wilkerson had more sacks than Jones and pass rushing isn't even his biggest strength.

An absolutely laughable comparison.

One is a 315+ pounder who takes 80-90% of his team's snaps playing anywhere on the line at an All Pro level. The other is on a one year deal with probably all intentions of hitting FA, plays one position, and isn't as good at the other guy anyway.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Just watched the latest Jets Nation and now I'm really confused.

Cascadden and Cimini said they expect Mo and Fitz both to be back.  :confused:

OverTheCap shows us having 3mil in space and we've gotta sign rookies.

How the hell is it possible to keep Mo and sign Fitz? 

Don't overpay Fitz what his agent thinks the market set his value at.

Fitz I can see regressing next season and then at that point the difference between him and Geno is a wash

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yeah....6 sacks in 8 yrs. 

Mo has more tackles and 30 more sacks  in 3 less yrs.

Ya' think SF notices that?

Yeah, on Dorsey, I noticed he seemed to spend a majority of his career in a 3-4. I wonder if that is part of the negative jag impact he's had in the NFL? One of the most dominant DTs ever in college and he did it at the height of SEC success.

1 hour ago, drdetroit said:

Don't overpay Fitz what his agent thinks the market set his value at.

Fitz I can see regressing next season and then at that point the difference between him and Geno is a wash

Well yeah.  You're preaching to the choir with that suggestion.  I'd rather just start Geno.

But considering all the talk is about having to re-sign Fitz, I don't know how that happens with 3mil free while also keeping Mo.  Even if we only pay Fitz what he's worth (which is 4mil), we still couldn't afford it.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Well yeah.  You're preaching to the choir with that suggestion.  I'd rather just start Geno.

But considering all the talk is about having to re-sign Fitz, I don't know how that happens with 3mil free while also keeping Mo.  Even if we only pay Fitz what he's worth (which is 4mil), we still couldn't afford it.

I think we need some of that money to sign draft choices??

Just now, Savage69 said:

I think we need some of that money to sign draft choices??

Right, that's why I'm so confused by what Cascadden and Cimini said.  How can they expect Mo and Fitz both to be back?

I'd say it's more likely neither are back.

2 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Right, that's why I'm so confused by what Cascadden and Cimini said.  How can they expect Mo and Fitz both to be back?

I'd say it's more likely neither are back.

Unless they pull a Panther move and rescind the franchise offer that Mo still hasn't signed and use the 15.7 that will be available?? 

1 minute ago, Savage69 said:

Unless they pull a Panther move and rescind the franchise offer that Mo still hasn't signed and use the 15.7 that will be available?? 

Maybe.  Just seems unlikely.

That'd equate to what?.. 

1.  3 year deal for Fitz averaging 9mil a season but only counting 6mil against 2016 cap.

2.  Somehow giving Mo a 5 year deal @17mil/per, but only having it cost 10mil against the cap this season.

We'd really be hurting our next few years of cap.

Seems like many think we're in great shape after this year, but so is every other team.  It's all relative.  We could have 35mil in space for 2017.  If 24 other teams have 40+mil available, we're in bad shape.

• Upvote 1

Teams know what Mo wants contract-wise.

They are either willing to pay him, or they are not. Any minor details are always worked out once a deal is in place, before the player signs. And yes, I'm sure his agent has clarified where Mo is willing to and not willing to play.

I don't think the contract is the issue. I think its the compensation. I think the Jets want more than what most teams are willing to give up considering Mo's current contract status and impasse with the Jets FO. 

This is why I believe a team like the Titans are the best and most likely trade partner (assuming they are interested). They have the most draft picks throughout the whole draft where they can make an offer the Jets are willing to accept without giving up the 15th pick.    

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Jets should have signed him to a long-term contract last year when they had the money.

Circuit Judge Denny Chin said evidence of ball tampering was "compelling, if not overwhelming" and there was evidence that Brady "knew about it, consented to it, encouraged it."

• Upvote 2

Move him to the Jags for their early second if nobody wants to cough up a first. It's getting to the point where he is gone no matter what. Just get something for him.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

Teams know what Mo wants contract-wise.

They are either willing to pay him, or they are not. Any minor details are always worked out once a deal is in place, before the player signs. And yes, I'm sure his agent has clarified where Mo is willing to and not willing to play.

I don't think the contract is the issue. I think its the compensation. I think the Jets want more than what most teams are willing to give up considering Mo's current contract status and impasse with the Jets FO. 

This is why I believe a team like the Titans are the best and most likely trade partner (assuming they are interested). They have the most draft picks throughout the whole draft where they can make an offer the Jets are willing to accept without giving up the 15th pick.    

Of course Mo may not want to be a Titan he seems to like the 49'ers..

23 hours ago, Savage69 said:

Mac must have run some scenarios by Mo's agent for teams that Mo would go to.. Otherwise you couldn't make any draft day deals.. :wacko:

We're not making a Mo deal.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

We're not making a Mo deal.

i think they are, just not on day 1.  i think teams will want to see what they do in the first round, then they'll reevaluate friday.  mccags can probably get a 2nd and more on friday.  a team like tennessee would be wise to see if they draft a DL in round 1 b/c then they wouldn't need mo as much.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

i think they are, just not on day 1.  i think teams will want to see what they do in the first round, then they'll reevaluate friday.  mccags can probably get a 2nd and more on friday.  a team like tennessee would be wise to see if they draft a DL in round 1 b/c then they wouldn't need mo as much.

We're not getting a 2nd (or a 1st) for Mo.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Ya but, Tennessee can draft their OL in the first, and get Mo for some of their many many picks. 

They have 3 second rounders and 2 thirds. Amongst others. 

13 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Ya but, Tennessee can draft their OL in the first, and get Mo for some of their many many picks. 

They have 3 second rounders and 2 thirds. Amongst others. 

yes that's my point.   they are in control of the negotiations and can wait to see what they do in the first round before committing to wilkerson.