Tom Brady's suspension re-instated (MERGED)

Matt39

14 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Only you don't get it.  

Only the negative opinions from average NFL QB's count, possibly the best of all time doesn't count b/c he doesn't bash Brady and NE.  I fully understand.

b/c if mark had underinflated his balls(which he likely did as there was no rule against it most of his career) then clearly he would have led a dynasty and been in the discussion for greatest QB of all time.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I originally thought the 4 games was overkill by Roger. And 2 games was more appropriate for the offense. Supposedly the NFL offered him a lesser penalty, fewer games but he refused and said he didn't do it despite all of the circumstantial evidence. But now considering the embarrassment NEP brought to the NFL esp during last year's Super Bowl (millions of dollars of bad publicity): it hurt the brand which is their most important thing in marketing. So I hope no compromise the full penalty sticks. But if there's a way to fight it Brady I would expect will try to drag this out for years. I think it's now up to the courts as to whether or not they will accept another appeal. It depends on whether they think it's worth their time and effort. So far legal experts have said they don't think they would. 

21 hours ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

What will really be interesting for Brady is if the backup plays very well and the team is 4-0. You could have a Montana/Young type situation. 

In 2008 Brady went down in game one in the 1st half and the Pats went 3-1 losing to just Chaddy cakes and the Fins..The teams they beat were the Chiefs,49'ers and the Favre lead Jets..:wacko:

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

It is like playing golf with a guy who  does the following, all of which seem minor.

-Picks his ball up in the fairway slightly while he pretends to be identifying it.

-Drops a ball in the rough when he cant find his ball.  Heck, its around there anyway, no harm no foul.

- marks his ball on green with large chip,  Then places ball in front of chip.

-Chile dips a chip shot and doesnt count it.

All seem minor, he may be a hell of a golfer but he is a cheater through and through.

BRADY now, in my mind is a great QB who cheated.

Funny I thought of all the minor little cheating moves unscrupulous golfers use.  Like you said, not a big deal to some but cheating 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Only the negative opinions from average NFL QB's count, possibly the best of all time doesn't count b/c he doesn't bash Brady and NE.  I fully understand.

b/c if mark had underinflated his balls(which he likely did as there was no rule against it most of his career) then clearly he would have led a dynasty and been in the discussion for greatest QB of all time.

You're an idiot if you think that is what I said. 

one more time, if you don't care about the hardness of the ball, the air pressure it's no big deal.  If you are the kind of QB who does care, who thinks it makes a difference then the pressure makes a difference.

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

one more time, if you don't care about the hardness of the ball, the air pressure it's no big deal.  If you are the kind of QB who does care, who thinks it makes a difference then the pressure makes a difference.

I don't like the the Commish is a dictator. 

12 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Ok i will bite. Built on lies n cheating?

Ok Spygate, wait 08 didnt prove spygate was about sh*t, or the countless analyst n former players n former coaches who came out n broke down how spygate wasnt as bad as hateful fans make it out to be?

Or the fact they went to 3 more SB after spygate...

Ok next deflategated footballs? Which in the end there wasnt much air let out of those footballs and didnt have anything to do w the outcome of the colts game or ravens game? And the SB as well?

Sports cultures loves to build u up until they are tired of you. Same sh*t every year/decade with whatever sports team that dominants.

And yup. Their fans are "smug" cause their team is winning n not yours.

I'm sure this fan base if the shoe was the other foot would be labeled as "smug" too by other teams fans.. .same sh*t.

They are notorious cause they win and all the bullsh*t, and dumbass sh*t they get caught or not caught for..

I would not say built on.

Steelers win Ben is an ex rapist.  Steelers organization is a franchise people respect .  Patriots win Brady is a cheater.  Patriots organization is also known for cheating.  Yes it's only the wining with the Pats.   Just jealousy of the other teams for the pats winning.  Not the way they lie, cheat and scam to win because "hey, everybody does it."  Never leave New England and everything will be ok.  

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Every QB has a preference, some like it more inflated, some less.  It's not a big deal any way.  until about 10 years ago they didn't even have the silly rule.  

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Steelers win Ben is an ex rapist.  Steelers organization is a franchise people respect .  Patriots win Brady is a cheater.  Patriots organization is also known for cheating.  Yes it's only the wining with the Pats.   Just jealousy of the other teams for the pats winning.  Not the way they lie, cheat and scam to win because "hey, everybody does it."  Never leave New England and everything will be ok.  

They respect them? Some do but many do not. Steelers were huge steroids abusers for many years. I do understand where you are coming from though. And it was alleged ex rapist. LOL

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Every QB has a preference, some like it more inflated, some less.  It's not a big deal any way.  until about 10 years ago they didn't even have the silly rule.  

Every QB does not have a preference.  Every QB does not think it makes a difference.  Every QB does not go to the measures that Brady did to cheat.  

Done 

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

RB's also like softer footballs because they are easier to secure.  And if it was no big deal then why ddi Tom Brady and the Pats circumvent league rules by tamping with in game balls on a weekly basis on the sly?

As for the no big deal aspect, that means nothing in this whole affair, not one thing.  I know that is the thing the excuse makers cling on to but it is meaningless.  The only thing that matters in this regard is breaking league rules and trying to cover it up. 

12 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

prove anything i said isn't factual? This is all you guys have as replies because you know damn well it makes sense..i'm not full of sh*t you are because you can't prove nothing i said isnt' factual and tx is right..

Just not interested in rehashing the same conversations about the factual allegations. You admit that taping occurred in spygate and balls were deflated in deflategate you just don't think they were bad enough to be punished or to be punished in the way they were. This is the same no big deal/everybody does it/no advantage occurred/we would have won anyway arguments NE fans float around that focus on whether the team had to cheat to win rather than the simple facts that NE intended to act in a manner that violated the rules and acted accordingly. That is all one needs to conclude punishment for a rule violation. The fact that NE may have been successful without cheating just makes it more embarrassing that those decisions were made, not less.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

RB's also like softer footballs because they are easier to secure.  And if it was no big deal then why ddi Tom Brady and the Pats circumvent league rules by tamping with in game balls on a weekly basis on the sly?

As for the no big deal aspect, that means nothing in this whole affair, not one thing.  I know that is the thing the excuse makers cling on to but it is meaningless.  The only thing that matters in this regard is breaking league rules and trying to cover it up. 

But the fine for this was $25k? How can one person arbitrarily just divvy out a punishment they see fit? Cro hated that too btw. Forget the Patriots. Just in general I dislike Goodell. 

5 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

They respect them? Some do but many do not. Steelers were huge steroids abusers for many years. I do understand where you are coming from though. And it was alleged ex rapist. LOL

Steroids are everywhere in every sport.  Hell you get idiots doing them just to get " jacked ".  Mention Steelers and people don't like them because they have the most rings, fans are everywhere like locust and you can find Steeler swag anyplace in the US  Mention Pats people don't like them because they cheat and lie.  Period.  Nothing else matters .  

Just now, The Crusher said:

Steroids are everywhere in every sport.  Hell you get idiots doing them just to get " jacked ".  Mention Steelers and people don't like them because they have the most rings, fans are everywhere like locust and you can find Steeler swag anyplace in the UD.  Mention Pats people don't like them because they cheat.  Period.  Nothing else matters .  

That Tomlin act was a bit iffy...on the PR from Jones. No?

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

so why was Ridley always fumbling in NE? and why didn't the fumble rate spike last year?

3 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

How do you know this? LOL

Opinions are not facts

Because the word "every" should never be used when speaking for 100's of humans.  Because I've heard Brunnel say it makes a difference and heard other QBs say it makes no difference.  

Common sense

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Every QB does not have a preference.  Every QB does not think it makes a difference.  Every QB does not go to the measures that Brady did to cheat.  

Done 

Believe me, every QB has a preference.  did you read that piece on how Eli has his footballs prepared for gameday?  EVERY QB has a preference.

13 minutes ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

But the fine for this was $25k? How can one person arbitrarily just divvy out a punishment they see fit? Cro hated that too btw. Forget the Patriots. Just in general I dislike Goodell. 

How? Because he was given the power to do so by the league and the players.

Next question?

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because the word "every" should never be used when speaking for 100's of humans.  Because I've heard Brunnel say it makes a difference and heard other QBs say it makes no difference.  

Common sense

What? I am now totally lost. Playing Devil's Advocate the balls in the SB were inflated properly and Brady played well. He also played well last year. Also the NFL refused to release the study on the ball inflation. Similar to the smoking gun of Brady destroying his phone the lack of transparency on the side of the NFL is another smoking gun IMO. Again I don't necessarily disagree with you but I do feel the NFL should be more transparent.

10 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

so why was Ridley always fumbling in NE? and why didn't the fumble rate spike last year?

Do I have to post the turnover ratios like I did early in this thread again for you?

Over a 10 year span,. Pats +129, Bills -14, Phins -27, Jets -31

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Do I have to post the turnover ratios like I did early in this thread again for you?

Over a 10 year span,. Pats +129, Bills -14, Phins -27, Jets -31

that means nothing, check the QBs on those teams, check the coaching staff.  Tell me why their TO rate didn't spike in 2015 and tell me why Ridley had all his fumble issues?

Archived