Tom Brady's suspension re-instated (MERGED)

Matt39

9 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Two NFL QB's on the roster?????

Geno sucks donkey dung and Petty has never thrown an NFL pass in the regular season. So yea, the Jets do not have a NFL QB right now.

Every Pats fan out there want the Jets to resign noodle arm Fitz. Make it happen Mac!!!!!!

9 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Well Brady was more of a nobody than Petty is. And Geno isn't half as bad a you're saying he is. There should be a market for him. As a backup Qb. If the Jets cut him watch Belichick sign him as Jimmy's backup games 1-4. Anyways we're re-signing Fitz who I think is going to have a good year with 2 Ws against you.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AFCEastFan said:

It is too bad (for me) that the Leonard analysis came out as late in the process as it did, as I would be interested in your take.

In any event, it's not just a Princeton vs. MIT thing for me, it is that even secondary reports of the Leonard study (such as the below NYT article) treat it as definitive.  Again, without being able to fully understand the science, I am unable to compare the analyses directly.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/01/23/sports/football/nfl-ignores-ball-deflation-science-at-new-england-patriots-expense.html?referer=

I realize you are trying to entice me into taking another look, and I am not saying it is out of the question. But I think it is unlikely. I googled "john leonard deflategate" and the pdf that came up was not just a standard set of graphs, equations, and text.. Instead, it is in an incredibly tedious format where I had to repeatedly press "enter" to get a series of blank boxes and graphics to get filled in one at a time after each button press. Ugh. What I would want instead is a standard report format,  keyed to the technical appendix of the Wells report, and addressing criticisms directly at the work presented there, preferably referencing specific page numbers, graph labels, etc.. As things stand now, it would seem I would first have to read though the original tech report, then start from scratch with the tedious Leonard report. If you are aware of something more along the lines of what I described there would be a reasonable chance I would work through it. But if not, I would say it is relatively unlikely.

On 4/25/2016 at 0:11 PM, ChuckkieB said:

Yeah, OK, no big deal.  Not buying it.  If the punishment is upheld, the golden boy will be forever labeled as a cheater.  You cannot be OK with this, not matter what kind of posturing you do here.

Gotta remember though, Rats fans have no humility, scruples, or soul.

1 hour ago, PatsFanTX said:

Geno sucks donkey dung and Petty has never thrown an NFL pass in the regular season. So yea, the Jets do not have a NFL QB right now.

Every Pats fan out there want the Jets to resign noodle arm Fitz. Make it happen Mac!!!!!!

Days before the Tampa Bay game, in Belichick's office, Friesz was told that the Patriots had a tape of the Bucs' signals. He was instructed to memorize them, and during the game, to watch Bucs defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin and tell Weis the defensive play, which Weis would relay over the radio headset system to quarterback Drew Bledsoe. That Sunday against the Bucs, Walsh later told investigators, the Patriots played more no-huddle than usual, forcing Kiffin to signal in plays quickly, allowing Weis sufficient time to relay the information. Years later, some Patriots coaches would point to the score -- a 21-16 Bucs win -- as evidence of Spygate's ineffectiveness. But as Walsh later told investigators, Friesz, who did not respond to messages to comment for this story, told Walsh after the game that the Patriots knew 75 percent of the Bucs' defenses before the snap.

Now, the Patriots realized that they were on to something, a schematic edge that could allow their best minds more control on the field. Taping from the sideline increased efficiency and minimized confusion. And so, as Walsh later told investigators, the system improved, becoming more streamlined -- and more secretive. The quarterbacks were cut out of the process. The only people involved were a few coaches, the video staff and, of course, Adams. Belichick, almost five years after being fired by the Browns and fully aware that this was his last best shot as a head coach, placed an innovative system of cheating in the hands of his most trusted friend.

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

even if Seattle wins on that last play to be able to come back from 10 pts down in the SUPER BOWL against that D is flat out amazing.

BB has been bending rules since his days w/ the Giants and I suspect most, if not all, other teams try to bend rules as well.

What?  He is not the lone gunmen?

As much as JN and all the other fan bases like to say it is only the Patriots, there are too many current and former players who say players and teams try to cut corners to gain an advantage.

And lets not say this is nothing more than Goodell kowtowing to 31 other owners for getting their ass kicked by the Patriots.

It is what it is.

16 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

As much as JN and all the other fan bases like to say it is only the Patriots, there are too many current and former players who say players and teams try to cut corners to gain an advantage.

And lets not say this is nothing more than Goodell kowtowing to 31 other owners for getting their ass kicked by the Patriots.

It is what it is.

go back and read my post about the rams walkthrough.  the pats are a soft finesse team that has to cheat to win.  they can't just line up and beat you

it is what it is

7 hours ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

You BAD PERSON. The weather was not all that warm either and in 2015 he supposedly used legal balls and played well. I have no idea what you are talking about. The fine was $25k now if you say he did something more then the NFL needs to be more transparent is all I am saying. Cro agreed. Personal insults are sophomoric.

Yes it was, it was 51 at KO.  

I'm not surprised you dont know what Im talking about.   Read it and weep 

1 2 3 4 Final
Indianapolis Colts (11-5-0) 0 7 0 0 7
New England Patriots (12-4-0) 14 3 21 7 45

Game Info
Stadium Gillette Stadium
Start Time (ET) 6:50pm
Won Toss Patriots (deferred)
Roof outdoors
Surface fieldturf 
Duration 3:12
Attendance 68,756
Weather 51 degrees relative humidity 71%, wind 15 mph
Vegas Line New England Patriots -7.0
Over/Under 52.0 (push)
Officials
Referee Walt Anderson
Umpire Carl Paganelli
Head Linesman Tony Veteri
Field Judge Gary Cavaletto
Back Judge Keith Ferguson
Side Judge Greg Meyer
Line Judge Jeff Bergman

2 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

And Garoffallo has thrown 4 passes?

56 minutes ago, PFSIKH said:

It is what it is.

And yet the Pats are the only ones caught and have left their embarrassed fan base to make silly excuses like this.  More than once

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

I must have missed it, when was Brady suspended for the entire season?

No, but you've missed the 4 games he'll miss.

Trying to see how 4 passes by Jimmy is radically different from Petty

5 hours ago, Larz said:

a little birdie took away all the past* bragging rights

Then Specter turned to the alleged videotaping of the Rams' walk-through. Walsh confessed that after the Patriots' team picture, he and at least three other team videographers lingered around the Louisiana Superdome, setting up cameras for the game. Suddenly, the Rams arrived and started their walk-through. The three videographers, in full Patriots apparel, hung around, on the field and in the stands, for 30 minutes. Nobody said anything. Walsh said he observed star Rams running back Marshall Faulk line up in an unusual position: as a kickoff returner. That night, Walsh reported what he had seen to Patriots assistant coach Brian Daboll, who asked an array of questions about the Rams' formations. Walsh said that Daboll, who declined through the Patriots to comment for this story, drew a series of diagrams -- an account Daboll later denied to league investigators.

Faulk had returned only one kickoff in his career before the Super Bowl. Sure enough, in the second quarter, he lined up deep. The Patriots were ready: Vinatieri kicked it into a corner, leading Faulk out of bounds after gaining 1 yard.

During the walk-through, the Rams had also practiced some of their newly designed red zone plays. When they ran the same plays late in the Super Bowl's fourth quarter, the Patriots' defense was in position on nearly every down. On one new play, quarterback Kurt Warner rolled to his right and turned to throw to Faulk in the flat, where three Patriots defenders were waiting. On the sideline, Rams coach Mike Martz was stunned. He was famous for his imaginative, unpredictable plays, and now it was as if the Patriots knew what was coming on plays that had never been run before. The Patriots' game plan had called for a defender to hit Faulk on every down, as a means of eliminating him, but one coach who worked with an assistant on that 2001 Patriots team says that the ex-Pats assistant coach once bragged that New England knew exactly what the Rams would call in the red zone. "He'd say, 'A little birdie told us,'" the coach says now.

This is Vinny-Gambini-in-the-shower material right here.   Was Marshall Faulk wearing a disguise on that kickoff return?   Hard to believe that the Patriots could have figured out he was on the field and executed a kickoff away from him without the aid of illicitly-obtained inside knowledge. 

3 hours ago, PatsFanTX said:

Butt hurt alert!!

No, but you've missed the 4 games he'll miss.

Trying to see how 4 passes by Jimmy is radically different from Petty

Guess you missed the 2014 season where he completed 70.4% of his passes with a QB rating of 101.2 during the regular season.

Not to mention taking weekly snaps for 2 years with the starting offense during the week as the #2 QB.

All Petty has done is run the Jets scout team each week.

See the difference?

8 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

This is Vinny-Gambini-in-the-shower material right here.   Was Marshall Faulk wearing a disguise on that kickoff return?   Hard to believe that the Patriots could have figured out he was on the field and executed a kickoff away from him without the aid of illicitly-obtained inside knowledge. 

figures you ignore the redzone stuff, lol

5 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Guess you missed the 2014 season where he completed 70.4% of his passes with a QB rating of 101.2 during the regular season.

Not to mention taking weekly snaps for 2 years with the starting offense during the week as the #2 QB.

All Petty has done is run the Jets scout team each week.

See the difference?

Garbage playing time 2 years ago?  Yeah, I see the big time difference.  

The way you make it sound, dump Brady and his embarrassing ways

4 minutes ago, Larz said:

figures you ignore the redzone stuff, lol

That one was too easy.  But, if you insist: 

During the walk-through, the Rams had also practiced some of their newly designed red zone plays. When they ran the same plays late in the Super Bowl's fourth quarter, the Patriots' defense was in position on nearly every down. On one new play, quarterback Kurt Warner rolled to his right and turned to throw to Faulk in the flat, where three Patriots defenders were waiting. On the sideline, Rams coach Mike Martz was stunned. He was famous for his imaginative, unpredictable plays, and now it was as if the Patriots knew what was coming on plays that had never been run before. The Patriots' game plan had called for a defender to hit Faulk on every down, as a means of eliminating him, but one coach who worked with an assistant on that 2001 Patriots team says that the ex-Pats assistant coach once bragged that New England knew exactly what the Rams would call in the red zone. "He'd say, 'A little birdie told us,'" the coach says now.

2 hours ago, Jet Fan RI said:

I realize you are trying to entice me into taking another look, and I am not saying it is out of the question. But I think it is unlikely. I googled "john leonard deflategate" and the pdf that came up was not just a standard set of graphs, equations, and text.. Instead, it is in an incredibly tedious format where I had to repeatedly press "enter" to get a series of blank boxes and graphics to get filled in one at a time after each button press. Ugh. What I would want instead is a standard report format,  keyed to the technical appendix of the Wells report, and addressing criticisms directly at the work presented there, preferably referencing specific page numbers, graph labels, etc.. As things stand now, it would seem I would first have to read though the original tech report, then start from scratch with the tedious Leonard report. If you are aware of something more along the lines of what I described there would be a reasonable chance I would work through it. But if not, I would say it is relatively unlikely.

Didn't realize his written materials were so user-unfriendly.  I have only seen his videos and read secondary summaries.  I will let you know if I find anything else, but that may be it. 

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

Geno Smith?

Really?

Wake us up when Garafollo beats a team in the real part of the season.  As bad as Geno has been at times, hes also played well at times.  Your guy is a question mark until he gets one

Really

10 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

That one was too easy.  But, if you insist: 

no, really,

it was as if the Patriots knew what was coming on plays that had never been run before

No worries about Jet Nut's thunder stealing -- I can't compete with Larz's extra-big font anyway. 

Seriously, though, of all the material you guys have against the Patriots, this Rams stuff is really weak sauce.  Marshall Faulk had over 2000 yards rushing and receiving and 21 TD's in 2001.  It doesn't take a brain surgeon, let alone a cheater, to figure out that it might be a good idea to focus your defense on stopping him.  And unless Mike Martz's "tricky" and "innovative" plays involved an invisibility cloak, there is no such thing as a surprising play involving Marshall Faulk.  The Patriots whole defensive plan was to key on Faulk.  If you are telling me that the Patriots snuffed out a HB option pass from Trung Canidate to Kurt Warner that had only been run in a walkthrough that would be one thing.  But we are talking about plays being run for Marshall freakin Faulk. 

And, sorry, I'm not impressed by the "my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night" that is the supposed nail in the coffin on this discussion.  If they can drop Brian Daboll's name in the article, there is no reason they cannot get a direct quote, with attribution.   

12 minutes ago, AFCEastFan said:

No worries about Jet Nut's thunder stealing -- I can't compete with Larz's extra-big font anyway. 

Seriously, though, of all the material you guys have against the Patriots, this Rams stuff is really weak sauce.  Marshall Faulk had over 2000 yards rushing and receiving and 21 TD's in 2001.  It doesn't take a brain surgeon, let alone a cheater, to figure out that it might be a good idea to focus your defense on stopping him.  And unless Mike Martz's "tricky" and "innovative" plays involved an invisibility cloak, there is no such thing as a surprising play involving Marshall Faulk.  The Patriots whole defensive plan was to key on Faulk.  If you are telling me that the Patriots snuffed out a HB option pass from Trung Canidate to Kurt Warner that had only been run in a walkthrough that would be one thing.  But we are talking about plays being run for Marshall freakin Faulk. 

And, sorry, I'm not impressed by the "my best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night" that is the supposed nail in the coffin on this discussion.  If they can drop Brian Daboll's name in the article, there is no reason they cannot get a direct quote, with attribution.   

you were lurking for 10 minutes and that is your opus ?

"I don't believe it"

lol

17 hours ago, Greensince69 said:

Wow like Goodell and the owners give 2 poops about what you think.  Just what do you think that his job is?  It is to increase revenue and he has done that very well.  All his decisions are based on that and the reaction of sponsors (most important) and viewer blocks secondarily.  The response to the ray rice, AP and Martin case  were directly proportional to the amount of nasty PC reaction mostly spurred on by the espn press.  We are talking about Gays, womens groups and parenting groups boycotting and protesting and espn splashing it all over the place.  Not good for business and the owners gave direction to take a heavier hand.  Was it for noble reasons, no it was for dollars and cents. 

Please tell me who the nfl has really pounded  for steroids and HGH.  It is like weed, be smart enough not to do it before you get tested for the season and you can do what you want during the season.  If you are stupid enough to get caught and embarrass people, you deserve what you get.  Yes I include Sheldon in that category. 

Bounty gate was not a lie and the commissioners office sent letters and the team choose to ignore it.  Again do not be stupid enough to get caught.

KC knew the rules like all teams.  Some get caught and fined.  Jets have, Pats have, just be smart and circumspect and you do not have a problem.

Bottom line is Goodell has increased revenue every year since he took over increasing the owners cut of league revenues to about 250 million a year per team.  That also increases the players revenue as seen in the increase in salary cap.  This makes his bosses happy and truth be told players happy as thier piece of the pie gets bigger.  His horrible decisions have effected 18 players since he has taken over.  I think you need another dead horse to beat.    

You are a terrible person. A person who can't read could have increased the NFL's revenues as the product sells itself. I am happy to trade resumes if you want to continue to personally attack me. DB.

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yes it was, it was 51 at KO.  

I'm not surprised you dont know what Im talking about.   Read it and weep 

1 2 3 4 Final
Indianapolis Colts (11-5-0) 0 7 0 0 7
New England Patriots (12-4-0) 14 3 21 7 45

Game Info
Stadium Gillette Stadium
Start Time (ET) 6:50pm
Won Toss Patriots (deferred)
Roof outdoors
Surface fieldturf 
Duration 3:12
Attendance 68,756
Weather 51 degrees relative humidity 71%, wind 15 mph
Vegas Line New England Patriots -7.0
Over/Under 52.0 (push)
Officials
Referee Walt Anderson
Umpire Carl Paganelli
Head Linesman Tony Veteri
Field Judge Gary Cavaletto
Back Judge Keith Ferguson
Side Judge Greg Meyer
Line Judge Jeff Bergman

What was the weather in the 2nd half when NE scored 28 pts?

Archived