UNC gets a new Notice of Allegations

nj meadowlands

http://www.foxsports.com/college-basketball/story/unc-gets-new-notice-of-allegations-in-ncaa-academic-case-042516

AP
Apr 25, 2016 at 3:34p ET
CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) A North Carolina athletics spokesman says the school has received a new document from the NCAA outlining violations connected to UNC's long-running academic fraud scandal.

Steve Kirschner says the new Notice of Allegations (NOA) arrived Monday morning, jumpstarting a case that has been stalled in a procedural limbo since August. Kirschner says the school will release it publicly as soon as possible.

The NCAA first sent an NOA last May, hitting the school with five potential top-level violations that included lack of institutional control. UNC had 90 days to respond, but that process paused in August when the school reported additional information to the NCAA for review.

UNC took two weeks to redact information to comply with privacy laws before releasing the first one.

Original 59-page NOA:  "men's basketball" appears 27 times, "football" appears 33 times, "impermissible" appears 18 times.

Revised 13-page NOA:  "men's basketball" appears 0 times, "football" appears 0 times, "impermissible" appears 9 times.

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

I would prefer if an alumnus of the University of North Carolina would weigh in on the matter - not a middle aged fanboy of college athletes.  @Jetsfan80

Meh, UNCW is only in the UNC system, I'm not an alum of the University of North Carolina.  I'm an alum of University of North Carolina Wilmington.  And a proud alum at that. 

I have no further comment.

On 4/25/2016 at 4:42 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Meh, UNCW is only in the UNC system, I'm not an alum of the University of North Carolina.  I'm an alum of University of North Carolina Wilmington.  And a proud alum at that. 

I have no further comment.

I smell Duke envy...sort of smells like dwarf scum.

19 hours ago, AzogtheDefiler said:

I smell Duke envy...sort of smells like dwarf scum.

Huh?  I wasn't thinking about Duke at all.  This is the 2nd time in like a day that you've mentioned Duke for no apparent reason in a response to me.  What gives?  You guys played a great game and beat us.  I have no resentment. 

However, you're currently making it awfully easy for me to put you in junc's category in terms of insecurity.  Not a good place to be.

let's keep this thread about celebrating the truth coming out instead of the made up allegations against the UNC men's basketball program that we have been hearing for years and served a punishment(in recruiting) that they didn't deserve. 

Archived