New York Islanders

BallinPB

I'm a relatively new hockey fan.  Been really into it for the last 3 years.  I'm both an Islanders and Rangers say even though most say I can't be.  Has anybody caught the last two Islanders games?  This team is on a special Cinderella roll right now.  Last two games decided in double overtime with the Islanders being victorious in both.  

For all NY fans looking for a team to root for at the moment I suggest you tune into the 2nd round matchup with the lightning.  Looks like the Islanders are back on the map for now.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great series....heck all the series in the second round have been great

Triple OT last night with Nashville evening their series up with San Jose, Pittsburgh looking to put the President's Trophy winner Washington away in what has been a very chippy series. Dallas and St. Louis is getting nasty as well.

As far as the Islanders are concerned I can't root for them. Just not in my Ranger blood :). Plus you have former Rangers Ryan Callahan, Brian Boyle and Anton Stralman playing for the Lightning.

I have watched maybe one qtr of the NBA Playoffs compared to about 15 games of the Stanley Cup playoffs.

P.S. Tavares is the most underrated star in New York right now. One of those rare guys that can put a team on his shoulders and carry them for awhile.

9 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Islanders gave game 3 away. They had better hope to bounce back quickly.

Also, I don't think it matter who wins that series because no one is beating the Pens in the ECF.

You have to get there first

5 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

What about the first four games makes you think the Captials aren't done? They choke yearly. 

Justin Williams

The guy knows how to play from behind and I am sure he will pass on some of that LA experience to the Caps.

I can't see the Presidents Trophy winner, a team that pretty much dominated the league from December on bowing out in 5 games. They may not win the series but I do expect them to win today and get this thing back to Pittsburgh. Game 6 will be the key. If the Penguins are gonna win they better take them out today, or game 6.

1 hour ago, shawn306 said:

Justin Williams

The guy knows how to play from behind and I am sure he will pass on some of that LA experience to the Caps.

I can't see the Presidents Trophy winner, a team that pretty much dominated the league from December on bowing out in 5 games. They may not win the series but I do expect them to win today and get this thing back to Pittsburgh. Game 6 will be the key. If the Penguins are gonna win they better take them out today, or game 6.

You can't see the Caps doing what the Caps have done every year for the last several again this year? The Pens are the hotter, better team right now. They close it out tonight.  

Archived