Chad Pennington on Mike & Mike

Mainejet

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chads woes started in that preseason game vs the Giants when he landed on his hand wrong. Was all downhill from there. I think he gets way to much flack on here. He was a true Jet & still is, and is a genuinely nice guy.

You can't take away those thrashings of Green Bay & the Colts at home. F*cking dominance!

Dont blame Chad that Herman Edwards coached like a damn pussy vs the Steelers. 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Chads woes started in that preseason game vs the Giants when he landed on his hand wrong. Was all downhill from there. I think he gets way to much flack on here. He was a true Jet & still is, and is a genuinely nice guy.

You can't take away those thrashings of Green Bay & the Colts at home. F*cking dominance!

I agree. Other than Joe, Chad was easily the best QB we've ever drafted. Not even close.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Sperm Headwards coached to win the game. 

Just now, Jetster said:

Yea, taking a knee losing 2 yards to set up your horrific kicker in a tough place to kick like Pittsburgh....brilliant!

You play to win the game. The game was already won so he quit playing and so did Doug. 

18 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Chaddy cakes is also the only QB that I can think of that won the AFCE with 2 different teams..:)

31 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I agree partially, he gets way too much crap from jet fans(Jet fans that love Brett favre and Ryan Fitz by the way).

to be fair in that Pitt game he and the O put up 3 pts that day so he deserves his share of the blame.  of course he was playing w/ a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder on the road against the top D BUT he played and didn't play well.

11 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

Chaddy cakes is also the only QB that I can think of that won the AFCE with 2 different teams..:)

Since Brady became the starter in 2001 NE has won every div title except 2, both won by teams w/ Chad as their starting QB.  Obviously Brady was hurt in 2008 but either way he is the only QB to win the AFC east besides Brady in a year Brady was primary starter for NE.

21 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Yea, taking a knee losing 2 yards to set up your horrific kicker in a tough place to kick like Pittsburgh....brilliant!

Heinz Field was a few years old, the "no K has made a 45 yarder into that end" stuff was a joke.  a week later Vinatieri nailed a 50 yarder in the same EZ.  Brien missed a 47 yarder by inches, he should have been able to make the 43 yarder.

Chad, 2nd or 3rd best QB ever to wear Jets Green, a class act, a winner, and a guy who only failed because his body gave him no room for injury or diminished skills.

Had he stayed healthy, he'd have given us our best chance at a Super Bowl since Namath IMO.  I like Chad, just hated what injuries made him become (inaccurate, INT prone, desperate and mistake prone to make up for the reduced arm).

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Chad, 2nd or 3rd best QB ever to wear Jets Green, a class act, a winner, and a guy who only failed because his body gave him no room for injury or diminished skills.

Had he stayed healthy, he'd have given us our best chance at a Super Bowl since Namath IMO.  I like Chad, just hated what injuries made him become (inaccurate, INT prone, desperate and mistake prone to make up for the reduced arm).

In that 2000 draft we got a potential franchise QB and pass rusher, neither could stay healthy for us.  How things could have changed if they were healthy.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

If it was "all downhill" after his first 12 NFL starts, why exactly does he not deserve flack for the following 5 seasons?

As far as the Steelers game goes, Edwards most certainly deserves plenty of blame for that game, but that still doesn't change that the Pennington-led offense scored a grand total of 3 points in that game.  Even if the late game FG shenanigans weren't what they were, that still only goes up to a grand total of 6.

3 hours ago, Jetster said:

Meh

The whole "Chad was fine pre-injury" stuff cracks me up.   Pre and post rotator cuff, almost every pass he ever threw was a short little dump off.  This includes downs where we needed a Hail Mary at the end of games.  Chad was "accurate" from 0-2 yards out. And the whole "he's so classy" stuff is a bunch of BS as far as I'm concerned after that "it's a privilege..." nonsense.

I am thrilled Chad is no longer out QB.  He was prob better than I give him credit for but I still say he couldn't win a SB (at least not without a ton of help).  

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The whole "Chad was fine pre-injury" stuff cracks me up.   Pre and post rotator cuff, almost every pass he ever threw was a short little dump off.  This includes downs where we needed a Hail Mary at the end of games.  Chad was "accurate" from 0-2 yards out. And the whole "he's so classy" stuff is a bunch of BS as far as I'm concerned after that "it's a privilege..." nonsense.

I am thrilled Chad is no longer out QB.  He was prob better than I give him credit for but I still say he couldn't win a SB (at least not without a ton of help).  

that's not true at all.  one of his best passes ever was while his rotator cuff was torn in the SD playoff game to Moss that traveled at least 50 yards in the year and was a perfect throw.

Most QBs need a ton of help to win a SB, peyton is an all time great and his 2 SB wins he was carried in one and the D led the way in both.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

that's not true at all.  one of his best passes ever was while his rotator cuff was torn in the SD playoff game to Moss that traveled at least 50 yards in the year and was a perfect throw.

Most QBs need a ton of help to win a SB, peyton is an all time great and his 2 SB wins he was carried in one and the D led the way in both.

Long passes from chad were very much the exception.  50 yards is not a long throw btw.  Brady (and others) can heave it 70+ yards in the air.  

Yes all QBs need help but I think you know what I meant.  Trent Dilfer won a SB but needed an inordinate amount of help.  Chad was the same way.  Nearly every scoring drive was 13 plays of pulling teeth.  

Archived