**** OFFICIAL 2016 DRAFT: Round 1 discussion ****

Integrity28

I actually don't mind the Jets drafting Myles. With our 2nd round draft luck, it's better to swing for the fences than to draft duds after duds. Give up a 5th, trade up into the mid 40s n get him. Could be the steal of the year if he can defy all odds healthwise

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on the Paxton wagon five days out but having listen to multiples podcasts/videos along with reading articles questioning Lynch's abilities to process information quickly, I believed Rich Cimini's pre-draft talk that the Jets would not draft Lynch. Despite being extraordinarily physically gifted, Lynch may have trouble with the mental aspect of the game. Yes, Marino, Testaverde and Jim Kelly all posted low wonderlics but the schemes they operated in and faced were simple compared to what's happening on the field today. In addition players prep somewhat for the Wonderlic today, Lynch's number is unsettling.

Having never being in a huddle, Lynch is not starting day 1 in Denver, his journey to starter will be similar to Osweiler.

It will be interesting to see if he can learn to read NFL defenses in time. If I was GM, I would likely still have taken a shot on Lynch given the Jet's clusterfu*k  future at QB.

Petty, I expect will, be a minor footnote in Jet's fabled QB archives.

Just now, gEYno said:

This is 100% true.  Brilliant move because Elway made it.  Awful move if the Jets did.

Reality: Elway has Sanchez as his starter and he just used multiple picks to take Lynch in the first round, so there will be immediate pressure to get Lynch under center. The kid will likely never realize any physical potential he has, because he seems dopey and should get 1-2 years learning how to play the position the right way.

In other words, Lynch needs to be handled the same as Petty. Maybe Lynch has a higher ceiling, but he represents just as much risk of never panning out. 

I'm okay with the Jets not taking him based on this logic. It will absolutely suck if he does pan out though, obviously.

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Ummmm.... he'll be playing with a bunch of 1st round Defensive Players on the Jets :spin:

Not sure how Bowles will use him, but I trust our brain trust. 

Let's show the kid some love, 'cause you don't have do overs in the draft

No why should Jets fans listen to your sound advice!!!

I say let's start booing him in warm ups like we have with other Jets players and see if we can destroy his confidence and potential with insults and threats; why more often than not that appears to be some Jets fans approach. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Reality: Elway has Sanchez as his starter and he just used multiple picks to take Lynch in the first round, so there will be immediate pressure to get Lynch under center. The kid will likely never realize any physical potential he has, because he seems dopey and should get 1-2 years learning how to play the position the right way.

In other words, Lynch needs to be handled the same as Petty. Maybe Lynch has a higher ceiling, but he represents just as much risk of never panning out. 

I'm okay with the Jets not taking him based on this logic. It will absolutely suck if he does pan out though, obviously.

Of course it sucks if it pans out.  But, only if we don't get a QB ourselves in that time and Lee turns out to be a dud.

My feeling is that this season opens up terribly and the Jets will be picking at the top of the draft next year.  At which point we have Petty Year 3 and an opportunity to take one of the top two next year.  It's not a terrible spot to be in.

It's not sexy pick, he's a new postion really, a cover LB/S hybrid.

He will spend his time covering Running backs, Tight Ends and slot guys.  It's not what I wanted but hey.

Not much else to say buy I do think the Jets miss managed Mo and the QB postion. Let's hope for a solid pick in the 2nd I just think 20 is no where land. Miss on Sprigg's and Noah Spence.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Man, NOBODY slapped the clown shoes on themselves harder than my homeboy @Larz.

There's some brutal sh*t in this thread.  How about the one in which Whofans tells the rest of us that we don't need offense because Amaro and Devin Smith.

Archived