**** OFFICIAL 2016 DRAFT: Round 1 discussion ****

Integrity28

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, T0mShane said:

New league, tho. Every team needs a Deone Buccanon because the Cardinals have won so much because of Deonne Bucanon and not the fact that their offense runs up and down the field on other teams.

Slower Vilma. 

8 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

MAybin was an undersized edge rusher. This is an undersized Will. Not remotely the same thing

Don't have to worry about covering Gronk anymore. 

You dont believe that do you?  Gronk will swat this guy away like a fly.

I'm posting this over and over so I can get 20'likes and wake some people up. 

Guess what?? We needed a a line backer.  Guess what?? We picked one.  Guess what?? We got torched by TE's and rb's out of the backfield. Guess what??  He can cover TE's and backs out of the backfield. 

1 minute ago, Gastineau Lives said:

No ******* balls. ******* balless pick.

I think, if you read between the lines on what Mac has said since he got here, you can sort of expect that he is going to be conservative and take guys that have low chance of being a miss. He says it all the time.

7 minutes ago, Shadetree said:

Yup..the future of NFL defense and versatility is common among Bowles defenders.

i like the pick.

They showed Bowles on the phone with him and Bowles looked genuinely happy.  He knows a lot more than I do so I will try to calm down and cross my fingers that these guys know what they are doing.

2 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Obviously maccagnan doesnt feel Paxton is the guy. One of our biggest needs had been outside pass rush, so if they think this is the guy we gotta give them the benefit here and see what we got

Well we're playing him at ILB sooooooo....

Yea i'm a little worried about this pick in the 1st.  I'd be excited if we got him in the 2nd, but the concern is the following:

If you're going to take an undersized lb, you want him to be an elite pass rusher.  This guy is not that at all.  He's a cover lb with some decent anticipation and range, but not the best tackler in the world.  He is a pretty good fit with our already stout run D, so it will cover up some of his liabilities, but i'm not sure he's the greatest longterm pick we could have taken here.  I think he'll be a decent starter in this league, but probably not an allstar either.

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Somewhere out there is some guy in a Jets sweatshirt stained with pub cheese that's yelling "ATTABOY MACAGGS!" And I hope the next time that guy gets up he sits back down on his balls.

On the plus side, when we're sitting here in two years interviewing Brian Schottenheimer to be our new head coach, that same pub cheese guy might choke to death.

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

I'm posting this over and over so I can get 20'likes and wake some people up. 

Guess what?? We needed a a line backer.  Guess what?? We picked one.  Guess what?? We got torched by TE's and rb's out of the backfield. Guess what??  He can cover TE's and backs out of the backfield. 

Why do you think a 6'0", skinny, undersized backer can shut down Gronk, Olsen, or any of the other giant ends in the league? What can he do, that similar sized hybrid types like Rontez Miles or Darrin Walls or Antonio Allen, or Dion Bailey couldn't?

Archived