**** OFFICIAL 2016 DRAFT: Round 1 discussion ****

Integrity28

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HessStation said:

Honestly tho I'm a little pissed about not taking Docston.

yea, i was okay with us going OT, LB, WR or CB instead of QB there... but there were no OT left, I'm pretty okay with this pick... feels like a bust-proof selection

3 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

Sounds like a winner to me

WEAKNESSES

Smallish linebacker. Play strength doesn't come close to matching puffed up listed weight. Balance issues at point of attack could plague him over his NFL career. Has the body type of a big safety. Tape shows few authoritative tackles. Involved in too many arm and shoestring tackles. Comes flying in and fails to come to balance at times. Charged with 21 missed and five broken tackles over the last two seasons. Always at size disadvantage and will have to learn to slip more block

21 missed tackles do to size... Nice.

so the skinny chicken cant tackle much either? great pick

3 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You entirely missed the point... We have been getting SHREDDED by the likes of Gronk and slot receivers for years.  We finally get a guy who can cover those types of players and you complain because we didn't take a project quarterback, smdh.   The draft has a few more rounds to go so why not just give the FO a chance?  Team just got better today. 

So now. BPA doesn't matter.  It's about stopping one player on one team?

was a panicky. Pick for need.. Classic Jet move. 

5 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

If Lynch turns out to be a great QB for Denver this will be hard to stomach.

True ...

Unless Petty is better!!!

I think that if the Jets don't  bring another key QB in to compete with Petty and whoever else is attempting to be the Jets QB, then the arrow is pointing to Petty being better than many of us believe...

6 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

You entirely missed the point... We have been getting SHREDDED by the likes of Gronk and slot receivers for years.  We finally get a guy who can cover those types of players and you complain because we didn't take a project quarterback, smdh.   The draft has a few more rounds to go so why not just give the FO a chance?  Team just got better today. 

Ok.  We have drafted nothing but defense and haven't stopped them yet.  And honestly, we have an old team on offense with no OL and no QB.  Not even grooming a QB.  It's sad that the front office and ownership are too concerned about being average that they are too scared to build for the future.

Darron Lee is a good player, but adding him doesn't help us win the division anytime in the foreseeable future.  

Macc never found a QB in Houston, shouldn't have expected anything different.

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

True ...

I think that if the Jets don't  bring another key QB in to compete with Petty and whoever else is attempting to be the Jets QB, then the arrow is pointing to Petty being better than many of us believe...

I think we take a quarterback later depending on who is on the board.  

7 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

They've also been missing a QB for years.  Do you really see this little LB covering Gronk?  

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

Ok.  We have drafted nothing but defense and haven't stopped them yet.  And honestly, we have an old team on offense with no OL and no QB.  Not even grooming a QB.  It's sad that the front office and ownership are too concerned about being average that they are too scared to build for the future.

Darron Lee is a good player, but adding him doesn't help us win the division anytime in the foreseeable future.  

Neither would drafting Lynch as he would probably ride the pine for a year or two assuming he can beat Petty. 

7 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

WEAKNESSES

Smallish linebacker. Play strength doesn't come close to matching puffed up listed weight. Balance issues at point of attack could plague him over his NFL career. Has the body type of a big safety. Tape shows few authoritative tackles. Involved in too many arm and shoestring tackles. Comes flying in and fails to come to balance at times. Charged with 21 missed and five broken tackles over the last two seasons. Always at size disadvantage and will have to learn to slip more block

Boy you would not like reading weakness on many players, let alone Lynch then.  I say this as someone who wanted him at 20.

9 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

WEAKNESSES

Literally nothing that the guys we have can't accomodate. 

The Jets defense has its problems. Physicality and size aren't among them.

3 minutes ago, Pcola said:

While I feel similarly to you, we are actually grooming a QB in Petty. It could also be said that Geno is also being groomed. Not by me, but it could be said, 

1 minute ago, adb280z said:

They've also been missing a QB for years.  Do you really see this little LB covering Gronk?  

He will do a better job than anyone on the roster and that is the only one aspect of his game.  He is a true sideline to sideline player who will make our defense even better.  Lynch is a project and we have already in Petty.  

Just now, Bruce Harper said:

l think I am unhappy about drafting an undersized LB in the first round. I can't help thinking that we have failed in the past in drafting linebackers from Ohio State.

The NFL Advisory Committee gave a 20 year old kid who has been playing LB for two years a top 15 grade (almost the same as a pre-injury Jaylon Smith).  What does that tell you?

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

New England trades up to 17 in front of Buffalo and NY and picks Darren Lee. 

"**** we had him"

"Cheaters always win"

"Would have been great for us, we need a LB who can cover"

Ooooooo I like this form of calling people out much better than angry ranting.

Got em.

1 minute ago, adb280z said:

Calvin Pryor was smaller and was able to cover gronk the first game, size doesn't matter. It's the coverage skills which Lee has plenty of.

watch some tape on him, this guy is great.

3 minutes ago, prime21 said:

New England trades up to 17 in front of Buffalo and NY and picks Darren Lee. 

"**** we had him"

"Cheaters always win"

"Would have been great for us, we need a LB who can cover"

LOL  Right?   I could see it 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

True ...

Hope you're right CB.  Given the fact that the guy is smart and a very hard worker, I'm hoping he can learn the system and perform at a high level.  He has all the physical tools...

1 minute ago, Bruce Harper said:

I thing I am unhappy about drafting an undersized LB in the first round. I can't help thinking that we have failed in drafting linebackers from Ohio State.

Not only that as someone who followed the B1G and Ohio State their Defense WAS Bosa.  Lee's opportunities were a product of teams always scheming around Bosa.

Archived