Jump to content
Integrity28

**** OFFICIAL 2016 DRAFT: Round 1 discussion ****

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

copied from the Lee thread:

It's eery.  

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/deone-bucannon?id=2543769

Deone Bucannon (6'1, 211) 32.5" arms, 9 3/4" hands

4.49 Forty, 19 reps bench, 36.5 inch vert, 125 inch broad, 6.96 three-cone, 4.26 twenty-shuttle

Drafted #27 overall

 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/darron-lee?id=2555322

Darren Lee (6'1, 232) 33.25" arms, 9 3/4" hands

4.47 Forty, 17 reps bench, 35.5 inch vert, 133 inch broad, 7.12 three-cone, 4.20 twenty-shuttle

Drafted #20 overall

 

Bucanon NFL stats:

2014: split time at Strong Safety

9 starts: 88 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 pass deflections, forced fumble

2015: Converted to "Moneybacker" ($LB)

16 starts: 112 tackles, 3 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 3 passes defensed, interception for TD

 

This pick reeks of Todd Bowles.  And I guess that's okay. 

I watched Jet fans manufacture reasons for Mangini to give away Vilma and Abraham because they didn't "fit" his defense for years. I think having a coach and GM that understand how to draft for the system in place is kind of a good thing.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Who do you choose to believe and why? 

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State  A Grade  
The Jets picked Leonard Williams last year, proving that they'll draft the best player available, even if they don't have a need at the position. This year, the Jets have selected perhaps the best player available - and one who actually fills a need. The Jets have had a hole at inside linebacker for a very long time. Darron Lee, who could've gone as high as No. 14, figures to change that. Lee is very athletic and has a ton of upside. He projects as a great fit in Todd Bowles' defense. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades1.php#6pKe7Ruwbf4R3UX3.99

 

 

The same weakness are mentioned in all the reports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maccagnan and Bowles run the team like they have an ace up their sleeve and the time is coming very, very soon where they're going to have to pony up. Maybe they think they're going to get Drew Brees next year, or that Bryce Petty is better than they're letting on. If not, and the do some sh*t like draft Hackenberg tomorrow, I'm going to feel as though they're full of sh*t.

B I N G O and Bingo was his name yo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Greenseed4 said:

Soo, was that Paxton's boo holding him from behind, all Michael Sam style?

No that's called yo homie you are rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant wait for the round 1 haters to love the round 2 pick while the round one lovers hate the pick. I love Jet Nation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Powpow said:

No that's called yo homie you are rich.

Looked like his neck-kissin homie to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JetBlue said:

Who do you choose to believe and why? 

jetsb_logo.gif New York Jets: Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State  A Grade  
The Jets picked Leonard Williams last year, proving that they'll draft the best player available, even if they don't have a need at the position. This year, the Jets have selected perhaps the best player available - and one who actually fills a need. The Jets have had a hole at inside linebacker for a very long time. Darron Lee, who could've gone as high as No. 14, figures to change that. Lee is very athletic and has a ton of upside. He projects as a great fit in Todd Bowles' defense. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftgrades1.php#6pKe7Ruwbf4R3UX3.99

 

Let's be real, walter football being high on this guy is more of a negative then a positive really.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so I just looked at espns "best available" for rd 2, and its 15 defensive players and 3 offense

tomorrow night is going to be epic, lol

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

copied from the Lee thread:

It's eery.  

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/deone-bucannon?id=2543769

Deone Bucannon (6'1, 211) 32.5" arms, 9 3/4" hands

4.49 Forty, 19 reps bench, 36.5 inch vert, 125 inch broad, 6.96 three-cone, 4.26 twenty-shuttle

Drafted #27 overall

 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/darron-lee?id=2555322

Darren Lee (6'1, 232) 33.25" arms, 9 3/4" hands

4.47 Forty, 17 reps bench, 35.5 inch vert, 133 inch broad, 7.12 three-cone, 4.20 twenty-shuttle

Drafted #20 overall

 

Bucanon NFL stats:

2014: split time at Strong Safety

9 starts: 88 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 pass deflections, forced fumble

2015: Converted to "Moneybacker" ($LB)

16 starts: 112 tackles, 3 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 3 passes defensed, interception for TD

 

This pick reeks of Todd Bowles.  And I guess that's okay. 

 

So basically he is Deone Buchanan only bigger (by 22 lbs), faster (4.47 to 4.49, quicker and is all around a better athlete. Clearly, this is someone the Jets loved. Probably had him graded higher than some other teams. You know Bowles is going to bed with one of his big smiles tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rillo said:

 

The same weakness are mentioned in all the reports. 

as are the positives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, artemusclyde said:

Let's be real, walter football being high on this guy is more of a negative then a positive really.

Exactly. They just playin you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Hence my "no opinion".  What he seems at first glance (too small, weak, inflated by who he played with) may not fully reflect his true NFL-level potential.

So I'll wait, and believe it when I see it, believe it when he makes a vital stop for no gain on a 1st down vs.an NFL RB, for example.

This isn't objection, it's a relaxed "show me".  

Oh I know. Wasn't calling you out or anything, just throwing some info on the player your way. I'm ok with the pick. I just hope people aren't expecting a super pass rusher out of him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got home and I just want to point out that in the past few hours 23,649 people have read this thread. That is kind of crazy. That many people reading what all of you crazy mofo's write. :)

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This team makes me want to punch a baby.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Powpow said:

UH yea so. You'd think we could get a BETTER player at 20.  Jackson, Spriggs, Spence, Lynch and on and on would have been more 'impactful'.  

I have no idea, I'm optimistic that he was drafted with a plan in mind and a plan that can be executed this year.  I can't make any other judgements except to me Macc and Bowles haven't given me reason for alarm so far since they've taken over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it's reasonable to expect Buhanan-level performance from Lee then, good, excellent.  Baseline expectations established.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

 

So basically he is Deone Buchanan only bigger (by 22 lbs), faster (4.47 to 4.49, quicker and is all around a better athlete. Clearly, this is someone the Jets loved. Probably had him graded higher than some other teams. You know Bowles is going to bed with one of his big smiles tonight. 

And 2 boxes of Chips Ahoy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JoJoTownsell1 said:

 

So basically he is Deone Buchanan only bigger (by 22 lbs), faster (4.47 to 4.49, quicker and is all around a better athlete. Clearly, this is someone the Jets loved. Probably had him graded higher than some other teams. You know Bowles is going to bed with one of his big smiles tonight. 

Yeah.  He's stoked.  

"Moneybacker" 2.0

$LB.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mogglez said:

Oh I know. Wasn't calling you out or anything, just throwing some info on the player your way. I'm ok with the pick. I just hope people aren't expecting a super pass rusher out of him.

Stats to know:

14th highest pass rushing grade off ball linebacker. 12 missed tackles on 72 attempts.

What he does best:

• Straight line speed of a safety
• Lined up as a slot linebacker/safety hybrid and flashed coverage ability
• Completely trusts his reads and breaks on ball
• Pick-six against Northern Illinois was arguably one of the most impressive plays any linebacker made all year
• One of best blitzers in the class. Has legitimate pass rushing moves to beat tackles off the edge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maxman said:

Just got home and I just want to point out that in the past few hours 23,649 people have read this thread. That is kind of crazy. That many people reading what all of you crazy mofo's write. :)

Thank you for giving me a platform.  My internet voice demands attention! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maccagnan and Bowles run the team like they have an ace up their sleeve and the time is coming very, very soon where they're going to have to pony up. Maybe they think they're going to get Drew Brees next year, or that Bryce Petty is better than they're letting on. If not, and the do some sh*t like draft Hackenberg tomorrow, I'm going to feel as though they're full of sh*t.

Neither one of them were in organizations that ever developed QBs.  another first round defender to go along with an offense that is basically a Ryan Clady injury away from being the worst in the league.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Let's be real, walter football being high on this guy is more of a negative then a positive really.

Then do more research, there are plenty of sources that are high on him as a player.   I was reading about him for months going in the top 20-25.  He went right about where he was projected. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Larz said:

Stats to know:

14th highest pass rushing grade off ball linebacker. 12 missed tackles on 72 attempts.

What he does best:

• Straight line speed of a safety
• Lined up as a slot linebacker/safety hybrid and flashed coverage ability
• Completely trusts his reads and breaks on ball
• Pick-six against Northern Illinois was arguably one of the most impressive plays any linebacker made all year
• One of best blitzers in the class. Has legitimate pass rushing moves to beat tackles off the edge

Should of worded it better lol. He is a damn good blitzer and rusher.  I should have said that, with the role he'll play and the way he'll be used, he won't be your traditional pass rusher netting 15-20 sacks a year. He'll be a damn good player though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I gotta be honest, I am not happy with the pick but almost every time I am disappointed, it turns out to be a good player. 

 

A lot lot of people are over reacting now and it's more of a domino effect. A lot of people don't know anything about this guy but they're only hating it because the previous poster hated it. Bowles wants him to earn his spot, as he should. Be patient. At least wait until pre-season to give a valid opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

LMAO, dude, Maybin was tall and thin while Lee is short and stocky. Maybin was stiff while Lee is very fluid. Lee was a playmaker all over the field in college while Maybin was a sack specialist. You clearly don't know  how Lee plays if you think he is a similar player as Aaron Maybin. Not to mention Maybin played DE at college (mostly) while Lee was never a DE. 

 

You're right,  this guy played safety in college, and will be converted to a ILB and by all reports he has trouble fighting off bigger guys. What could go wrong? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetBlue said:

Then do more research, there are plenty of sources that are high on him as a player.   I was reading about him for months going in the top 20-25.  He went right about where he was projected. 

And plenty of other sources that have Jack rated higher then him. We passed on a future pro bowler for a guy that struggles to take on o linemen one on one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I just ask, when did it become imperative in the NFL to have a "Deone Bucannon-type player" on your roster? Maybe I'm old school, but I still kinda think pass rushers and guys who score TDs are more important than tiny LBs.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

Can I just ask, when did it become imperative in the NFL to have a "Deone Bucannon-type player" on your roster? Maybe I'm old school, but I still kinda think pass rushers and guys who score TDs are more important than tiny LBs.

When the NFL became a passing league.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Stats to know:

14th highest pass rushing grade off ball linebacker. 12 missed tackles on 72 attempts.

What he does best:

• Straight line speed of a safety
• Lined up as a slot linebacker/safety hybrid and flashed coverage ability
• Completely trusts his reads and breaks on ball
• Pick-six against Northern Illinois was arguably one of the most impressive plays any linebacker made all year
• One of best blitzers in the class. Has legitimate pass rushing moves to beat tackles off the edge

Thanks for posting this.  Folks really don't know just how good this kid is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, artemusclyde said:

And plenty of other sources that have Jack rated higher then him. We passed on a future pro bowler for a guy that struggles to take on o linemen one on one.

Jack's knee injury is very serious. He fell out of the first round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan Leberfeld
‏@jetswhispers
Darron Lee's mother Candice Lee anchors the weekend editions of NBC4 in Columbus at 6 and 11, and is a weekday reporter.

Guess he'll be well prepared to handle the media! 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...