For Those Still Crying About Lee

KRL

Just now, legler82 said:

I don't even think it's a bad pick but I hate the extremist on either side that can't have meaningful football discussion/debate about a decision.  On one side you have the GM honeymooners who thinks the "new" GM can't do no wrong at the moment and shouldn't be questioned at all and on the other side you have to SOJ folks who will never be happy.  There's also the folks that are mad that their specific player was not drafted. 

But if you like what Macc did with last years draft and turning a 4 win team into a 10 win team why shouldn't you

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, legler82 said:

I don't even think it's a bad pick but I hate the extremist on either side that can't have meaningful football discussion/debate about a decision.  On one side you have the GM honeymooners who thinks the "new" GM can't do no wrong at the moment and shouldn't be questioned at all and on the other side you have to SOJ folks who will never be happy.  There's also the folks that are mad that their specific player was not drafted. 

But if you like what Macc did with last years draft and turning a 4 win team into a 10 win team why shouldn't you give him the benefit of the doubt? 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

This is pure nonsense.

And Bellicheat was here as Parcells DC, so.....

Bellicheat while in NE has shown that willingness to change schemes sometimes week to week.  Parcells has run the 3-4 everywhere regardless what players he has.

1 minute ago, legler82 said:

Bellicheat while in NE has shown that willingness to change schemes sometimes week to week.  Parcells has run the 3-4 everywhere regardless what players he has.

Given the personnel he inherited and that he had Bellicheat he ran a 3-4 here as they did with the Giants and Pats before. 

Then you continue to draft and bring in FAs that are better suited to the 3-4. 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

But if you like what Macc did with last years draft and turning a 4 win team into a 10 win team why shouldn't you give him the benefit of the doubt? 

Nothing in life is that black and white; there's areas of gray.  I liked some moves Mac has done and not liked some.  I've been a fan of this franchise for 30 years now, it's going to take more than 1 year for a FO to earn the benefit of the doubt.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The franchise has been mediocre because the QBs have been mediocre. I could probably whip up a chart or an infographic proving this.

Mediocre?!?

Pennington, Sanchez, Ratliff, Simms... these were all GODS amongst men when it comes to quarterbacking (and life in general)!!

3 minutes ago, legler82 said:

Nothing in life is that black and white; there's areas of gray.  I liked some moves Mac has done and not liked some.  I've been a fan of this franchise for 30 years now, it's going to take more than 1 year for a FO to earn the benefit of the doubt.

I've been a fan longer and am really encouraged by their start, so they get the benefit of the doubt until they fail 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Given the personnel he inherited and that he had Bellicheat he ran a 3-4 here as they did with the Giants and Pats before. 

Then you continue to draft and bring in FAs that are better suited to the 3-4. 

Not sure what your point is here.  The original discussion was regarding Bowles being "creative" and adjusting his scheme to fit his personnel.  I contested that he's just like most defensive coaches who will run there stuff and get guys can run it.  I haven't expressed an opinion on whether or not it's right or wrong thing to do.  It makes sense that if you are known for running a specific scheme and had prior success with said scheme you stick with it and not try to change it for players that come and go.

26 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Where is this sentiment coming from? I'm serious. What don't they have this year they did have last year? i see what could be upgrades at LT and RB, they got their TE back and will probably have some mediocre QB starting..

You gotta be fukkin' kidding me.  Right now, Geno is our Qb.  G to the fuk No.  You hearing that rattle through your brain?  We played nobody last year and missed the playoffs.  This year's schedule is brutal, especially with Geno, Petty or Hoyer at the helm.   Even if Fitz deigns to return, we're looking at a disastrous season.

2 minutes ago, cant wait said:

So was Antonio brown. So we can just draft a WR there don't worry

Pretty much.  WR's are known to be found just about anywhere in the draft.

Care to guess where Marshall and Decker were selected? 

Just now, predator_05 said:

First round production, great value back then. LBs are evaluated more fairly now. A guy with that skillset won't go fifth round in 2016.

Smith was drafted in 2014.  2 years ago.  lmfao

7 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You gotta be fukkin' kidding me.  Right now, Geno is our Qb.  G to the fuk No.  You hearing that rattle through your brain?  We played nobody last year and missed the playoffs.  This year's schedule is brutal, especially with Geno, Petty or Hoyer at the helm.   Even if Fitz deigns to return, we're looking at a disastrous season.

Strength of schedule is the most overrated thing in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Pretty much.  WR's are known to be found just about anywhere in the draft.

Care to guess where Marshall and Decker were selected? 

Smith was drafted in 2014.  2 years ago.  lmfao

Rounds 3-4. So should we pass on Antonio brown in the 5th because that's where an ILB should be drafted? 

Just now, munchmemory said:

Bengals, Bills (away), Chiefs (away), Seahawks, Steelers (away), Cards (away), and Ravens are our first seven games.  Definitely setting up for Geno to really shine. 

I'd much rather year 4 Geno Smith who sat a full year learning the new system with some time to mature for 1MM vs Ryan Fitzpatrick for 10MM.

Again, strength of schedule in the NFL is overrated and meaningless, especially in April. 

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Bengals, Bills (away), Chiefs (away), Seahawks, Steelers (away), Cards (away), and Ravens are our first seven games.  Definitely setting up for Geno to really shine. 

You could say that's a nightmare scenario if the jets didn't want to play lynch right away. An 0-6 start and we'd have a lynch mob at MetLife 

1 minute ago, cant wait said:

You could say that's a nightmare scenario if the jets didn't want to play lynch right away. An 0-6 start and we'd have a lynch mob at MetLife 

Good point, not sure who Jets missed out on offensively that was going to make some big impact this year. Although Dobston would have been a great long term pick not sure he'd be the immediate game changer as a rookie with Marshall/Decker still around. 

16 minutes ago, cant wait said:

Rounds 3-4. So should we pass on Antonio brown in the 5th because that's where an ILB should be drafted? 

No.  I'm saying that you can find undersized ILB's in any round of the draft.

Hopefully Lee is more than that.  I'm warming up the player but the value, I just disagree with.  And I'm not sure how much better he really makes the D.  I mean, they were pretty good...how much better could they get?  And is Lee that guy?  That's what I'm having a hard time with.

3 hours ago, legler82 said:

I'm going back and forth on this pick.  Initially I was disappointed then I came around when I heard Bowles say he was being slotted as an ILB.  Now, after watching this video I'm worried again.

He's going to need a hell of a lot of coaching up.  He's only been playing LB for 3 years and during this analysis they repeatedly point out how hesitant he is and that he doesn't seem to be able to find the right way to attack the blocking scheme as it evolves before him or how the shed a block.  

If he is BPA then those WRs taken at 21 & 22 him must a lot worse than I've been lead to believe.      

1 hour ago, legler82 said:

Don't be a dumb ass.  I posted a negative rating in response to someone saying all the pundit ratings were positive; obviously that's not true.  I have no idea who Steve Palazzolo is but he is from PFF who for what it is worth provides some metrics behind their analysis.  His grade is about as valid as all the other positive grades you referenced.  I didn't know this thread was limited to those who just wanted to have a Lee dick sucking contest.

I see I struck a nerve. Tell you what tough guy Go **** Yourself. Continue to act a little "Mitch" all you want. Darron Lee is a Jet now.  All the crying and complaining in the world is not going to change that. 

1 minute ago, LIJetsFan said:

I'm going back and forth on this pick.  Initially I was disappointed then I came around when I heard Bowles say he was being slotted as an ILB.  Now, after watching this video I'm worried again.

He's going to need a hell of a lot of coaching up.  He's only been playing LB for 3 years and during this analysis they repeatedly point out how hesitant he is and that he doesn't seem to be able to find the right way to attack the blocking scheme as it evolves before him or how the shed a block.  

If he is BPA then those WRs taken at 21 & 22 him must a lot worse than I've been lead to believe.      

You put this kid on the weak side of a 4-3 defense and you probably have a star.  As "MoneyBacker" he may be good.  As a 3-4 ILB, he may struggle.  For him to be a "3 down" player for our team, he would need to be the latter.  He getting picked by us should not be a reflection of the  3WRs that were picked immediately following.  I get the feeling that those teams were surprised that the Jets picked Lee over the WRs and it triggered the run on WRs.

Archived