Will Vilma be the best LB to don the Green and White?

Jetlag

Being young I've missed many of the great linebackers to play for the Jets. In fact the only great Jet LB I really got to see was Mo Lewis.

When it comes down to it will Jon Vilma be the best of the best when it comes to Jets LB?

I think he easily has the potential to be there. Everyone can see it, including Pats fans. This kids natural leadership and ability as a rookie was uncanny.

When it's all said and done I think he could be a HOFer. Although most likely not the GOAT.

Being young I've missed many of the great linebackers to play for the Jets. In fact the only great Jet LB I really got to see was Mo Lewis.

When it comes down to it will Jon Vilma be the best of the best when it comes to Jets LB?

I think he easily has the potential to be there. Everyone can see it, including Pats fans. This kids natural leadership and ability as a rookie was uncanny.

When it's all said and done I think he could be a HOFer. Although most likely not the GOAT.

For crying out loud lag, you are starting to sound like the typical uninformed Jet fan.

You are already putting Vilma in the HOF? :o:o:o

Vilma had a great rookie season. Even Pats fans can not deny that. But all in all, it is only one year.

Let's see what happens when teams start to game plan putting a body on Vilma. He pretty much ran free last year and his athletic ability took over.

I'm not knocking the guy (actually he'd be a great fit for the Pats) but let him play a few years before you induct him into Canton.

For crying out loud lag, you are starting to sound like the typical uninformed Jet fan.

You are already putting Vilma in the HOF? :o:o:o

Vilma had a great rookie season. Even Pats fans can not deny that. But all in all, it is only one year.

Let's see what happens when teams start to game plan putting a body on Vilma. He pretty much ran free last year and his athletic ability took over.

I'm not knocking the guy (actually he'd be a great fit for the Pats) but let him play a few years before you induct him into Canton.

It's much more fun to make guesses now and then in the future you can tell people you knew it'd happen. And if it doesn't happen, no one will remember you said it in the first place. :lol:

Yea the HOF thing was there to sucker some Pats fan in. Although I actually think he'll be a HOFer like any homer fan would. I still understand the amount of work he has to do before it's a reality.

Here's a more reasonable question for you Tx. If you have to name the top 10 linebackers for next season, do you include Vilma in that list, according to how you think they'll play in '05?

(no order)

Lewis

Spikes

Bruschi (is he even going to play?)

Suggs

Peterson

Porter

Farrior (I think this was a fluke season for him.)

There aren't as many great linebackers around these days. Vilma could easily be in that group.

IMO, you have to separate them into OLB and ILB, Lag. You can't compare what Ray Lewis does to what Joey Porter does--they're totally different positions. Nitwit.

It's much more fun to make guesses now and then in the future you can tell people you knew it'd happen. And if it doesn't happen, no one will remember you said it in the first place. :lol:

Yea the HOF thing was there to sucker some Pats fan in. Although I actually think it I still understand the amount of work he has to do before it's a reality.

Here's a more reasonable question for you Tx. If you have to name the top 10 linebackers for next season, do you include Vilma in that list, according to how you think they'll play in '05?

(no order)

Lewis

Spikes

Suggs

Peterson

Porter

There aren't as many great linebackers around these days. Vilma could easily be in that group.

IMO, you have to separate them into OLB and ILB, Lag. You can't compare what Ray Lewis does to what Joey Porter does--they're totally different positions. Nitwit.

Why not? When you ask the question "Who was the best player of all time" you have to take into account players are in different positions.

Alright slick, will there be 3 ILB's who'll be better then Vilma next year?

I don't know. I haven't really thought about it. I just wanted to taunt you. :P

Why not? When you ask the question "Who was the best player of all time" you have to take into account players are in different positions.

Alright slick, will there be 3 ILB's who'll be better then Vilma next year?

Yea the HOF thing was there to sucker some Pats fan in. Although I actually think he'll be a HOFer like any homer fan would. I still understand the amount of work he has to do before it's a reality.

(no order)

Lewis

Spikes

Suggs

Peterson

Porter

Lag,

TS brings up a very good point about separating ILB from OLB, totally two different positions and two different skill sets.

But to answer your question, yes, I think Vilma would have to be considered in the top 10 going into next year based on his outstanding performance this past year.

As for Bruschi, I hope he hangs them up and walks away from the game.

That was pretty hard to say.

Dude, Bruschi has gone a hell of a lot farther than he had any reason to expect. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Great player, alot of heart, and some great memories. Now he'll go out and become a Boston icon, probably get the asst. coaching gig with Beli, and then he'll be groomed to be a nice DC some day. Good for him, but I agree with you, it's tough to lose a player like that from the sport.

Dude, Bruschi has gone a hell of a lot farther than he had any reason to expect. The Lord works in mysterious ways. Great player, alot of heart, and some great memories. Now he'll go out and become a Boston icon, probably get the asst. coaching gig with Beli, and then he'll be groomed to be a nice DC some day. Good for him, but I agree with you, it's tough to lose a player like that from the sport.

Hell, you're even sensible on the new board.

Word.

Now he'll go out and become a Boston icon, probably get the asst. coaching gig with Beli, and then he'll be groomed to be a nice DC some day.

i don't think he will allowed to put himself in the pressure cooker that is the NFL again - either as a coach or a player - donnie henderson's blood pressure is probably obscene...

i don't think he will allowed to put himself in the pressure cooker that is the NFL again - either as a coach or a player - donnie henderson's blood pressure is probably obscene...

Good point. I just can't see him go where all ex-Pats players end up-- Total obscurity. :lol:

• 3 years later...

I don't like to bash the guy because he can't post on the football side but...

WTF? By the time I got here in early '06 he was carefully explaining to everybody with unrelenting repetitiveness and noodle armed efficiency how anybody in their right mind knew from the start that Vilma was not a fit for the 3-4.

Hell, you're even sensible on the new board.

Word.

Plus he was already ****ing quoting Vanilla Ice? Son of a bitch!

Archived