**** OFFICIAL 2016 DRAFT: Round 2 + 3 discussion ****

Integrity28

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like all of our picks, I have no opinion if good or bad (since I'm usually wrong if I do have an opinion anyway).  I will trust Macc though.  There was some impressive highlights there (and very bad lowlights).  I assume they think they can work w/ him.

I cannot feel supportive of this pick.  

Guys a barely adequate, mostly failed, College QB.  We had a Pro-style, ready to go, solid winner of a guy in Cook available, and we take the guy everyone had the most doubts about because he sucked recently without his QB Coach safety blanket.

It's a done deal now, Mo is staying, Fitz is gone.  Ok, Mo is good, Fitz gone, fine.

But we're rolling with: Geno Smith - Petty - Hackenburg is our QB future.  And Christ wept.

I try real hard to understand what our FO is thinking, and it's clear Macc had a huge hardon for Hack, but this one....this one boggles my mind.  Hackenburg is not the answer at QB IMO, and a 2nd is too much to spend on a guy who is clearly not an answer.  

What I really love about this pick is I honestly belive this is the guy Mac wanted. If Mac is willing to bet his career that hackenberg is going to be better than cook or lynch I can't find it in me to not back him

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

If Mac is willing to bet his career that hackenberg is going to be better than cook or lynch I can't find it in me to not back him

Well, you got one part right, this is Macc betting his job in NY on Hack. 

4 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

Lynch was a much better gamble at #20.

Huh?  Why?  They're both big project QB's that could easily end up being nothing in this league.  I'd rather take that shot in the 2nd instead of the first.  That said, I hate this pick.  I wish we went OL and then maybe took Cook in the 3rd.

Question:

Who ends up having a better career:  Hackenberg or Kellen Clemens?

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

As much as I loved Lee I really dont like this pick for Hack. How does he fit in Gailey's offense?

You don't think Gailey was involved in this decision?  The kid has potential. We have to keep reaching until we find the chosen one. 

Archived