**** OFFICIAL 2016 DRAFT: Round 2 + 3 discussion ****

Integrity28

So our first two pick are both projects that will have little or no impact this year

We have a good coaching staff now. I think they will actually develop these guys. I have faith they know what they are doing

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ugh... how do you not trade back and still get him? 

I don't mind drafting him at all, but get him later after adding some picks man... come ON!!!

You're one of the very few I feel can have a sensible debate on this forum. I like you, so I'm gonna try lol. There's no way he would have lasted to our 3rd. His measurable make him a once in a generation guy. His atruggles have people scratching their heads wondering wtf. There are many NFL guts salivating at the thought they can fix him. Maybe we can, maybe we can't. But given our atrocious 2nd round history, i just can't get mad with the prospects of offsetting the probable bust factor with an incredibly high ceiling. Know what I'm saying?

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

As much as I loved Lee I really dont like this pick for Hack. How does he fit in Gailey's offense?

Gailey's offense doesn't require players to fit in.  Gailey tailors his offenses to his personnel.  Its what makes him a great OC and I can't wait to see if Gailey the QB whisperer can do with Hack

And Cook is still on the board.  Guess you're smarter than all of the GM's in the NFL. You must be very proud. 

The qb starved browns and 49ers passed on cook a few times now nfl teams must really love his nfl readiness

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Hackenberg went into a shell when he lost his bibby coach who subsequently opted to sign Brock ******* Osweiler to an $18 mil per contract than draft him. We are legitimately the dumbest franchise in sports.

I don't want to say dumbest but these pick definitely doesn't help the argument against that.

1 minute ago, bealeb319 said:

The qb starved browns and 49ers passed on cook a few times now nfl teams must really love his nfl readiness

They also passed on Hack, as would everyone for another round or two.

Jets might have been able to get Hack in the 4th.

Just now, bealeb319 said:

And if it weren't for the complete ineptitude of the Jets the Hack would be undrafted as well.

Well, you got one part right, this is Macc betting his job in NY on Hack. 

I mean if hack is a bust and cook ends up being even a decent backup our fan base will literally run Mac out of town. Mac isn't stupid he knows what will happen and he still liked this pick I gotta believe in it

6 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

This article was written before he was drafted at the exact same moment as Yo's grand slam. The magic is going to transfer via osmosis.

Crazy, but I was thinking the exact same thing.  Kizmet.  While he has his warts, the fact that Hackenberg is adept at reading defenses at the line of scrimmage and has the ability to make multiple adjustments before the snap is something that probably set him apart for the Jets. With Chan, who knows?  Could be the sleeper pick of the draft. He's a Jet now and I am pulling for him.  And maybe some of the Sex-penis grand salami magic has rubbed off on him.

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Favre ended the Pennington era.

Hack ends the Geno era.

Hope for the best. If we hit with Hackenberg, then being a Jets fan will be something entirely different.

The Geno era ended last August. There is less than zero chance of us hitting with Hackenberg.

15 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Lol, thought for sure the Texans were jumping us for Hackenberg, think it might have been the final nail in the coffin when they saw the Texans jump them and they decided to just go for him. Interesting pick for sure, he's got talent and brains, accuracy is a major problem though.

Why would they do that. They just spent 75 million on Brock.

Archived