**** OFFICIAL 2016 DRAFT: Round 2 + 3 discussion ****

Integrity28

2 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I mean if hack is a bust and cook ends up being even a decent backup our fan base will literally run Mac out of town. Mac isn't stupid he knows what will happen and he still liked this pick I gotta believe in it

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

The Fans will certainly be mad, aye, even the ones now slobbering in happiness over the pick.

But to be fair, I AM glad Macc doesn't draft or manage based on Fans.

He won't lose his job because of us, he'll lose his job because Hack busts hard and we reached to get him.  

I just can't get past the now sure thing that we're starting Geno, Petty is a wasted pick, and Hack is our future.

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Warfish said:

The Fans will certainly be mad, aye, even the ones now slobbering in happiness over the pick.

But to be fair, I AM glad Macc doesn't draft or manage based on Fans.

He won't lose his job because of us, he'll lose his job because Hack busts hard and we reached to get him.  

I just can't get past the now sure thing that we're starting Geno, Petty is a wasted pick, and Hack is our future.

I don't think so. Geno is going to be gone. 

7 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

You're one of the very few I feel can have a sensible debate on this forum. I like you, so I'm gonna try lol. There's no way he would have lasted to our 3rd. His measurable make him a once in a generation guy. His atruggles have people scratching their heads wondering wtf. There are many NFL guts salivating at the thought they can fix him. Maybe we can, maybe we can't. But given our atrocious 2nd round history, i just can't get mad with the prospects of offsetting the probable bust factor with an incredibly high ceiling. Know what I'm saying?

I'm pick greedy. Our 2nd round history is something I'm all too aware of... and yes, I totally know what  you're saying. If he's your guy, you take him. I get it. I just hoped we could get a few more mid-rounders somehow.

I'm actually quite happy with this draft so far. 

2 minutes ago, Ecuadorian Jet said:

I don't hate or love the pick but Macc passed on Lynch and Connor, so for the sake of this organization, I hope he is right.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

He must think he's right, for that very reason.

Lynch fell to us, we passed.

Cook fell to us, we passed.

We instead drafted a QB most reviews I read projected as a late 3rd/early 4th round pick.  We picked him mid-2nd round.

Like it or loathe it, and I have serious doubts, Mac clearly believes in this pick hard to make it and make it when he did, given the options he left behind.

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm pick greedy. Our 2nd round history is something I'm all too aware of... and yes, I totally know what  you're saying. If he's your guy, you take him. I get it. I just hoped we could get a few more mid-rounders somehow.

I'm actually quite happy with this draft so far. 

I've always respected your opionions/posts even if I disagre. You are one of the best posters at JN.  

I agree with you 100%

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I cannot feel supportive of this pick.  

Guys a barely adequate, mostly failed, College QB.  We had a Pro-style, ready to go, solid winner of a guy in Cook available, and we take the guy everyone had the most doubts about because he sucked recently without his QB Coach safety blanket.

It's a done deal now, Mo is staying, Fitz is gone.  Ok, Mo is good, Fitz gone, fine.

But we're rolling with: Geno Smith - Petty - Hackenburg is our QB future.  And Christ wept.

I try real hard to understand what our FO is thinking, and it's clear Macc had a huge hardon for Hack, but this one....this one boggles my mind.  Hackenburg is not the answer at QB IMO, and a 2nd is too much to spend on a guy who is clearly not an answer.  

Because our 2nd round picks have been lighting it up over the last 5 years. WTF! We need a f*cking QB! Macc didn't put all his eggs in one basket so he took a HUGE need in the 1st with Lee, and he got the QB he wanted in the 2nd! All I here in this thread is the word VALUE. Well you just got your value pick. I doubt Chan even watched any of his tape you f*cking morons, lol. Much better pick than moving up to take 16 college games Sanchez. Might not work but f*ck all u Jet fans, this organization needs to take some crazy azz stabs. Go Macc, go Christian, go Jets!!!! Fingers crossed!

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

He must think he's right, for that very reason.

Lynch fell to us, we passed.

Cook fell to us, we passed.

We instead drafted a QB most reviews I read projected as a late 3rd/early 4th round pick.  We picked him mid-2nd round.

Like it or loathe it, and I have serious doubts, Mac clearly believes in this pick hard to make it and make it when he did, given the options he left behind.

Reminds me of that belicheck quote from when he took Garropolo, "I'd rather reach and get then wait and lose"  Funny we will probably get to see how right he was with Jimmy G

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Fitz Petty Hack

Now I don't see it.

Hack is the future (ugh).  So the current is just holding a spot warm.  Geno does that cheap, Fitz does that expensive.

Geno as #1 allows us to resign Mo longterm.  Fitz cockblacks that.

Fitz is gone, I was wrong.  Geno Smith is the #1 QB of the New York Jets as of the Hack pick.

I only had one strong opinion this year and that was that I did not want Christian Hackenberg.

But I'm also sitting in sweatpants on my couch right now while our GM, whom I think very highly of, hasn't slept in 6 months researching these kids.

If you don't have a QB you have to keep swinging.  Mac is really going for it.  The most important position in sports and Mac knows it and he has aggressively tried to fill the QB position from signing Fitz to drafting Petty to drafting Hack.  The only other viable options were Lynch and/or Cook - who the hell knows? 

Like others I have my reservations but Christ (not Hackenberg), we need a QB and our GM is making his best effort.

Cimini will try to bury this kid in 30 seconds, the beats already smell blood in the water and they will swarm this kid.  Let's not eat our own just yet.  A 2nd round pick doesn't preclude Petty from developing nor winning the job if he shines.  This just gives us another lottery ticket.  This increases our chances of finally finding a QB. I hope Fitz comes back just to teach this kid how to study.

He's a Jet now, I'll give him a chance, along with our Mac, Bowles and Gailey. 

I will ask this again.,. Who here has a full time job for an NFL team, particularly in the scouting department?  We can disagree with picks but geeze some  of us act like we did the research, interview and were at the try outs with these players. 

3 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Because our 2nd round picks have been lighting it up over the last 5 years.

Macc and Co. aren't responsible for previus Regimes picks.  And the book on last years #2 pick is still to be written.  

WTF! We need a f*cking QB!

Agreed.  We passed on two I feel were much better prospects than Hack, Lynch and Cook.

Macc didn't put all his eggs in one basket so he took a HUGE need in the 1st with Lee,

A seemingly solid enough pick.

and he got the QB he wanted in the 2nd!

Agreed, it was the QB Macc clearly wanted.  I simply think he's going to be proven wrong on that desire.

All I here in this thread is the word VALUE. Well you just got your value pick.

Picking a guy who garnered little interest and was projected to be a late 3rd/early 4th in the 2nd round is not a value pick.  It's the definition of a reach.

I doubt Chan even watched any of his tape you f*cking morons, lol.

Clearly, any disagreement with you makes us all morons.  What are, a 16?  Grow up.  

I have no doubt Chan and Macc did their homework.

Much better pick than moving up to take 16 college games Sanchez. Might not work but f*ck all u Jet fans, this organization needs to take some crazy azz stabs. Go Macc, go Christian, go Jets!!!! Fingers crossed!

We all have to have our fingers crossed now, so agreed.

Archived