**** OFFICIAL 2016 DRAFT: Round 2 + 3 discussion ****

Integrity28

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Fans will certainly be mad, aye, even the ones now slobbering in happiness over the pick.

But to be fair, I AM glad Macc doesn't draft or manage based on Fans.

He won't lose his job because of us, he'll lose his job because Hack busts hard and we reached to get him.  

I just can't get past the now sure thing that we're starting Geno, Petty is a wasted pick, and Hack is our future.

Why does everyone say this?  We ain't going anywhere big next year anyway...so...

Let Geno start.  Personally I think he's gonna bomb big time.  When he craps out, let Petty play and see what he's got.

Then make your decision, again, next year.

I love everyone sitting here and saying since they drafted Hack that Petty must suck...really?  Maybe they now know Geno sucks more?

Half the damn fans wanted a QB without even knowing what our CS think about the QBs already on the roster, half just hate in general, it's just a damn sh*tshow with the Jets fans all in all.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Now I don't see it.

Hack is the future (ugh).  So the current is just holding a spot warm.  Geno does that cheap, Fitz does that expensive.

Geno as #1 allows us to resign Mo longterm.  Fitz cockblacks that.

Fitz is gone, I was wrong.  Geno Smith is the #1 QB of the New York Jets as of the Hack pick.

My first thought was Geno's a goner. But the more I think about the more I see it like you.  Make him the starter while Petty and Hack duke it out for back up duties. You're not winning anything big with Fitz in 2016 anyway so why not save the money win 5-6 games, get a top 10 pick and get Hack or Petty ready for 2017...

6 minutes ago, David Harris said:

I only had one strong opinion this year and that was that I did not want Christian Hackenberg.

But I'm also sitting in sweatpants on my couch right now while our GM, whom I think very highly of, hasn't slept in 6 months researching these kids.

If you don't have a QB you have to keep swinging.  Mac is really going for it.  The most important position in sports and Mac knows it and he has aggressively tried to fill the QB position from signing Fitz to drafting Petty to drafting Hack.  The only other viable options were Lynch and/or Cook - who the hell knows? 

Like others I have my reservations but Christ (not Hackenberg), we need a QB and our GM is making his best effort.

Cimini will try to bury this kid in 30 seconds, the beats already smell blood in the water and they will swarm this kid.  Let's not eat our own just yet.  A 2nd round pick doesn't preclude Petty from developing nor winning the job if he shines.  This just gives us another lottery ticket.  This increases our chances of finally finding a QB. I hope Fitz comes back just to teach this kid how to study.

He's a Jet now, I'll give him a chance, along with our Mac, Bowles and Gailey. 

Good post.  

But I hate to point out that we don't have a choice but to "give him a chance".

He's literally the future of our Franchise for the next 3-5 years.

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

I only had one strong opinion this year and that was that I did not want Christian Hackenberg.

But I'm also sitting in sweatpants on my couch right now while our GM, whom I think very highly of, hasn't slept in 6 months researching these kids.

If you don't have a QB you have to keep swinging.  Mac is really going for it.  The most important position in sports and Mac knows it and he has aggressively tried to fill the QB position from signing Fitz to drafting Petty to drafting Hack.  The only other viable options were Lynch and/or Cook - who the hell knows? 

Like others I have my reservations but Christ (not Hackenberg), we need a QB and our GM is making his best effort.

Cimini will try to bury this kid in 30 seconds, the beats already smell blood in the water and they will swarm this kid.  Let's not eat our own just yet.  A 2nd round pick doesn't preclude Petty from developing nor winning the job if he shines.  This just gives us another lottery ticket.  This increases our chances of finally finding a QB. I hope Fitz comes back just to teach this kid how to study.

The way you felt on Hackenberg is how I felt with Lynch. Im more receptive to this pick because of that. Macc actually passed on Lynch which is different than him being off the board by the time you pick. Lets me know that Macc saw something that he didnt like. 

I've only seen highlights of Hackenberg and a couple scouting reports. Im going to check out his games and really see what this kid is about. From what I seen I wasnt impressed. I'll be looking at all his vids  to see what the "Hack" we just drafted. 

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Why does everyone say this?  We ain't going anywhere big next year anyway...so...

Let Geno start.  Personally I think he's gonna bomb big time.  When he craps out, let Petty play and see what he's got.

Then make your decision, again, next year.

I love everyone sitting here and saying since they drafted Hack that Petty must suck...really?  Maybe they now know Geno sucks more?

Half the damn fans wanted a QB without even knowing what our CS think about the QBs already on the roster, half just hate in general, it's just a damn sh*tshow with the Jets fans all in all.

So waste 2016, let Mangold, Decker, Marshall, etc. all get another year older and closer to retirement, to gain.....a year for Hack to watch.

If we must.

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The way you felt on Hackenberg is how I felt with Lynch. Im more receptive to this pick because of that. Macc actually passed on Lynch which is different than him being off the board by the time you pick. Lets me know that Macc saw something that he didnt like. 

I've only seen highlights of Hackenberg and a couple scouting reports. Im going to check out his games and really see what this kid is about. From what I seen I wasnt impressed. I'll be looking at all his vids  to see what the "Hack" we just drafted. 

You must be crushed my friend, because Glennon is never coming to NY now.

9 minutes ago, David Harris said:

This is quite the enlightening scouting report/film breakdown I've seen.  Its sort of brutal but in a very optimistic way though and why I'm super happy with the pick as I have faith in Macc and company.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Essentially, Yes. We aren't winning a Super Bowl with them,

So we'll need to replace those guys in the near future, so say, 2020 then for us to compete with Hack, with new OT, Center, both WR's, RB's, Cornerback (Revis is getting old), etc.

Ok.  Is what it is I guess.

Just now, Warfish said:

So we'll need to replace those guys in the near future, so say, 2020 then for us to compete with Hack, with new OT, Center, both WR's, RB's, Cornerback (Revis is getting old), etc.

Ok.  Is what it is I guess.

Correcy. This is a rebuild. What I've been saying ALL ALONG.

Correcy. This is a rebuild. What I've been saying ALL ALONG.

Wow.  

So you're seriously ok with sucking till 2020, for a chance, with Hack, to maybe compete then, and **** everyone on the team as it is today.  Including, likely, Bowles and Macc as well given they're not going to get 4 years of losing to "rebuild".

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So waste 2016, let Mangold, Decker, Marshall, etc. all get another year older and closer to retirement, to gain.....a year for Hack to watch.

If we must.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you...I think if they sign Fitz now it would be a total waste.  You got 3 QBs on the roster, not a one of which is defined at this point...so, let them define themselves so we know where we stand NEXT year.

If they've made up their mind on Geno, then MAYBE sign Fitz and dump Geno...but since they can't or won't trade MO at this point, I think they're going with what's on the QB roster right now and putting Fitz's money toward Mo for the year.  And I'm OK with that.

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Great pick by NO. 

Na. It really was a long shot. I genuinely feel that Glennon is a good QB though. 

Wait a second.  You were genuine about that??  I always thought you were kidding!

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Wow.  

So you're seriously ok with sucking till 2020, for a chance, with Hack, to maybe compete then, and **** everyone on the team as it is today.  Including, likely, Bowles and Macc as well given they're not going to get 4 years of losing to "rebuild".

I don't think its going to take 4 years. I think it will take 2 years. In 2017 and 2018 they will have cap space again, and hopefully some young talent which they are gathering now.

I also have to think Bill O'Brien told Macc about Hackenberg when he went to Houston. 

Hackenberg was very good under O'Brien.

His coaches switched and it screwed up his development

Then why didn't O'Brien draft Hackenberg?

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Macc and Co. aren't responsible for previus Regimes picks.  And the book on last years #2 pick is still to be written.  

Agreed.  We passed on two I feel were much better prospects than Hack, Lynch and Cook.

A seemingly solid enough pick.

Agreed, it was the QB Macc clearly wanted.  I simply think he's going to be proven wrong on that desire.

Picking a guy who garnered little interest and was projected to be a late 3rd/early 4th in the 2nd round is not a value pick.  It's the definition of a reach.

Clearly, any disagreement with you makes us all morons.  What are, a 16?  Grow up.  

I have no doubt Chan and Macc did their homework.

We all have to have our fingers crossed now, so agreed.

Take my cursing of fellow Jet fans with a grain of salt. I too have felt the pain for many years, I just like this regime & believe they REALLY DO their homework unlike the past with guys like Bradway & Rex. I think they were all lazy & cashing their checks. Macc doesn't sleep, how can he with all the caffeine he drinks. Be f*cking AWESOME if Hack turns into our future Franchise QB. You just never know in this league but we were never going to find one if we kept ignoring the position. Now we have Petty & Hack going forward. Increases our chances & that's all we can ask.

Archived