**** OFFICIAL 2016 DRAFT: Round 2 + 3 discussion ****

Integrity28

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SayNoToDMC said:

Yeah, his game tape

Nope...he played extremely well against some of the best defenses in the country.  Can't blame him for all the drops.  I counted 13 or 14 drops against 'Bama and Michigan.  He put the ball on target consistently but receivers killed him.

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Nothing says tough like posting a driver's seat selfie after you just got your chin checked.

Now that I can't really argue with..  especially since it looks like he's driving a Chrysler Town & Country.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Nope...he played extremely well against some of the best defenses in the country.  Can't blame him for all the drops.  I counted 13 or 14 drops against 'Bama and Michigan.  He put the ball on target consistently but receivers killed him.

watch the game again bub

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Ok, well I and every NFL talent evaluator seem to disagree with you. Kiper likes him though

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Like that wouldn't be obvious to NFL scouts?  LOL...

Ok, well I and every NFL talent evaluator seem to disagree. Kiper likes him though

Right, only Kiper...nobody else had him as a 1st/2nd round pick.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Maccagnan on drafting Hackenberg: "It doesn't change anything as far as our approach to Ryan." The goal remains to re-sign Fitzpatrick.

Goodbye Geno

I think we re-sign Fitz and Hack becomes the new Petty.  The actual Petty and Geno battle it out to be the backup this year (and cut next year).

I watched the draft

Right, but how do you know what teams are saying about him in their war rooms?  Talent and character concerns are two different things and one could trump the other.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

The Hackenberg pick is kind of fascinating.  Some of the reviews on the guy were horrendous.  Yet Prisco gave us an A+ for that pick.  My guess (since I don't really watch much college FB) is that he has all the tools but scouts think a low likelihood he reaches his potential (maybe lack of feel for the position or whatever). 

You have a player in mind or you just want to be done with all this early tomorrow? 

Just like we took two linebackers, I'd love for us to take two linemen in the 4th: Christian Westerman from Arizona State, and Jerald Hawkins from LSU.

Then two huge problems will be addressed.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We signed quite a few LBers, no? 

We signed the guy from the CFL Freddie Bishop I think his name is. W resigned Erin Henderson;  Not sure what other LB we signed, I know we had a few in for visits... 

After listening to the post-draft press conference, Maccagnan & Bowles
like Hackenberg's measurables but more importantly the way he processes
info at the position.  They believe his mistakes/flaws can be coached
out of him.  They had a private workout and Maccagnan, Bowles, Gailey
& Patullo were there so I would assume Gailey had a big say on what
Hackenberg can become  

1 hour ago, KRL said:

After listening to the post-draft press conference, Maccagnan & Bowles
like Hackenberg's measurables but more importantly the way he processes
info at the position.  They believe his mistakes/flaws can be coached
out of him.  They had a private workout and Maccagnan, Bowles, Gailey
& Patullo were there so I would assume Gailey had a big say on what
Hackenberg can become  

His potential was undeniable. It's whether or not he's beyond ****ed from his time at Penn State. I watched one game of his last year. I think it was right after we announced Geno as the starter before his jaw breaking saved us. I thought it was time to start watching other QB's. It was the Temple game and I've never seen anybody butt****ed up and down a field worse than that. They where killing him with a 2 man rush at times. The guy might just be broken, if not and he can just kind of start over relearning the fundamentals the next couple years this pick could work out. If not it's just another wasted Jets second rounder, David Harris is the last one I can think of that wasn't a waste. I'm not going to kill them cause in my lifetime all I want is real QB. I can't kill a GM for rolling the dice on one with a chance even if I thought it was early. If it was a guy like Cook I would have been pissed, his floor and his ceiling are at about the same place and it's mediocrity at best.

2 minutes ago, SayNoToDMC said:

His potential was undeniable. It's whether or not he's beyond ****ed from his time at Penn State. I watched one game of his last year. I think it was right after we announced Geno as the starter before his jaw breaking saved us. I thought it was time to start watching other QB's. It was the Temple game and I've never seen anybody butt****ed up and down a field worse than that. They where killing him with a 2 man rush at times. The guy might just be broken, if not and he can just kind of start over relearning the fundamentals the next couple years this pick could work out. If not it's just another wasted Jets second rounder, David Harris is the last one I can think of that wasn't a waste. I'm not going to kill them cause in my lifetime all I want is real QB. I can't kill a GM for rolling the dice on one with a chance even if I thought it was early. If it was a guy like Cook I would have been pissed, his floor and his ceiling are at about the same place and it's mediocrity at best.

He made a good decision getting out of that place.  One more year with Franklin and that offensive line would have ****ed him for good.  Now he can learn with Gailey.  

Archived