Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

You're right. It's EASIER to find plays where he makes the perfect read.

Lol you're pathetic. At least be honest. Speak to the HOPE that he can be salvaged. Fck off with cloak and dagger college assessment. The guy was amongst the worst qb in AMERICA last 2 years.

Macc, hope you know what you're doing, cause your career here is now officially married to that guy. LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 5

1 minute ago, shawn306 said:

Does this mean Petty is not the future ?

Next year when we take another QB does he become the Franchise ?

how bout the year after that ?

The only people saying Sanchez, Smith, or Petty was our franchise QB were the people looking only at the stats. They didn't make the audibles, the reads, the progressions, or the beautiful play actions that Hack did. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

Lol you're pathetic. At least be honest. Speak to the HOPE that he can be salvaged. Fck off with cloak and dagger college assessment. The guy was amongst the worst qb in AMERICA last 2 years.

Macc, hope you know what you're doing, cause your career here is now officially married to that guy. LOL

Come on... you prove that you know very little of scouting if you simply say that lazy assessment of his past two years.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, shawn306 said:

Does this mean Petty is not the future ?

Next year when we take another QB does he become the Franchise ?

how bout the year after that ?

Mac already kinda said Petty is grooming to be a back-up///

No, because we won't need to

And again... Lazy assessment

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

He is also crap; just like the rest of the draft; people will be discussing how everyone is a either the next HOF player or a total bust - now comes the really long period with just a few OTAs to keep us occupied for another 3 months ...

See, that's the other end of the spectrum.

You say the guy is "crap" and he has never taken one NFL snap.

How do you know that?

How about waiting to see how the guy performs before passing judgement?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Come on... you prove that you know very little of scouting if you simply say that lazy assessment of his past two years.

I don't have to prove sh*t. I watched him, too many times. He sucked ASS. Dirty ASS...

can he be fixed? Obviously Gailey seems to think so. Good luck with that. Your jobs are hanging in the balance.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Watch his games... he barely had 2 steps before a guy was on him... constantly running for his life... throws the ball away (gets charged as a bad throw and incomplete) ... He makes get reads.  And lazy footwork... with the wrong foot back which franklin made him change.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, PatsFanTX said:

How do you know that?

Well, of course you can never know for certain. But this kid has all the potential in the world. Probably the most excited for a pick I've ever been.

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

we finally have a scout as GM, this was his biggest call by far, and he had his scouts in place, knew his freshmen coach and went to his workout.

I don't care if it was a reach by 75 slots, if this kid works out nothing else matters

at the rate I'm going, I'll have a hackenberg tattoo on my ass by the end of the week, lol

People are just so negative...

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

we finally have a scout as GM, this was his biggest call by far, and he had his scouts in place, knew his freshmen coach and went to his workout.

I don't care if it was a reach by 75 slots, if this kid works out nothing else matters

at the rate I'm going, I'll have a hackenberg tattoo on my ass by the end of the week, lol

Don't put it there. No one will see it.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

How do you know that?

Clearly trolling has killed your sense of sarcasm :-)

As a long loyal fan I am hoping for a franchise QB; was hoping when he fell to us Macc would have thought Lynch was it; apparently not. I don't have a problem swinging for the fences on Hack if Macc thinks he has a shot.  I don't think he is crap and I don't have a problem with the first few picks (although I wish some other players had fallen to us).

My yeah, he is crap was sarcasm; he may not pan out, but I have seen enough of Macc to know that he does his due diligence; maybe has tunnel vision on this one, or maybe there is a 30% chance of him turning out to be a franchise QB (or more - or less); either way, I will wait and see. Hopeful, but not blinded.

Number 1 high school recruit in the country... has an amazing freshman year... Switches coaches and all of a sudden he is horrible and you don't think coaching had anything to do with it??? WOW...

Have you ever worked a real job in your life? Does your boss give a sh*t why you were late? Like every week?...

It doesn't matter anymore why or what happened. It did. And he imploded on an epic scale . He's a wreck. An inaccurate, sloppy mess with no feel for pressure, no confidence and no touch. It is definitely NOT a given that he ever recovers or turns it around. Just ask David Carr.

Deal with it.

• Thumb Down 3

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Have you ever worked a real job in your life? Does your boss give a sh*t why you were late? Like every week?...

It doesn't matter anymore why or what happened. It did. And he imploded on an epic. He's a wreck. An inaccurate, sloppy mess with no feel for pressure, no confidence and no touch. It is definitely NOT a given that he ever recovers or turns it around. Just ask David Carr.

Deal with it.

He is not late.. He showed up to work everyday... did exactly what the coaches told him... but changing footwork screwed shotgun and pistol throws, whether you believe it or not changing footwork has a big difference on throws... now its crazy to say he didn't feel pressure, he felt it all the time... he just tried to actually make plays rather then always take a sack... Look at how long he has to throw, 2 Steps .... its insane.. he can't even throw if he wanted to... You are so wrong its unreal.

You make very lazy analysis and should stop talking about Hackenberg because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

LOL, good analogy. Cant be serious with this crap right?? If you are late after day 1 or 2, you leave earlier, you have control of that, you have no control of your offensive line, coaches or personnel as a college QB. At least try to put a tiny bit of thought into your analogies if you are going to use them.

The point is, your boss doesn't give a sh*t why you're late. Week after week - there was an accident, and then power outage, and then my grandma died etc etc. It doesn't matter if it's true or not after a while. It is what it is....

It doesn't matter if it was the line, coaching staff, weapons, etc. Hackenberg SUCKED. it happened. It is what it is. He may never bounce back - you all have to accept that. I hate the pick. It's hard enough as it is to hit a home run with the #1 QB, let alone the guy in shop because he's broken.

Boy oh boy. You guys gave Geno a hard time for being a meathead... This place is going to have a nuclear meltdown over Hack if Gailey doesn't do his best Dr Frankenstein impersonation

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, Fed Hill Jet said:

Hack has been sacked 103 times in the past two years.  The most sacked QB last year was Kaepernick at 43.

Has any QB in the NFL been sacked as much as Hack in 2 years?

David Carr. 117 times sacked from 2004-2005. 

53 minutes ago, elgoman said:

In this case the chance the stats are lying is very low. The number of modern franchise QBs who performed like Hackenberg, were drafted where he was, with small hands, etc is virtually 0. Every other QB on our roster, Geno and Petty both, have a higher statistical chance of being franchise QBs than Hackenberg does.

What's with all this small hand crap. Did you actually do research or are you just parroting some talking heads that always need to find negatives about any player. 

You may as well as just say any Qb drafted in the 2nd round from a program where members of the staff molested kids , never amounted to anything. 

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

This will remind me of the 2009 preseason TBH, and wouldn't be surprised if Hackenberg gets a shot to split the starting reps in gm 3 VS the Giants 1's, and with the Jets 1's, and then if he shows any semblance of having it named the starter.

idk but rookie camp and training camp is definitely going to be interesting. 1s pre season game.....second half with hackenberg in will be very interesting

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

The point is, your boss doesn't give a sh*t why you're late. Week after week - there was an accident, and then power outage, and then my grandma died etc etc. It doesn't matter if it's true or not after a while. It is what it is....

It doesn't matter if it was the line, coaching staff, weapons, etc. Hackenberg SUCKED. it happened. It is what it is. He never bounce back.

Boy oh boy. You guys gave Geno a hard time for being a meathead... This place is going to have a nuclear meltdown over Hack if Gailey doesn't do his best Dr Frankenstein impersonation

Yes, it does matter. In the NFL, he's not going to feel pressure within two seconds every play. His receivers will almost always make the correct reads. His footwork won't be changed weekly.