Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

9 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Hell no, I'd be pissed if we traded for Glennon. Much rather have Hackenberg, then the guy who got beat out by McCown and helped cement his team getting Winston. Take note, this was also with VJ and Mike Evans. Dude is Kevin Kolb.

Its hard to take notes from people who talk without watchng games. Which is petty much whats going on in most of the Hackenberg arguments. A bunch of people arguing over stats and Gifs. 

With that said, I no longer take serious individuals who even bring up McCown, VJ and Mike Evans because it proves that they never watched the football games....especially when bringing up Mike Evans. 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jay Cutler has one of the five strongest arms in NFL history and is also a sociopath. 

How do you know, do you see him at the meetings?  (Strong arm people support group I mean). :)

3 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

the truth is......this hackenberg pick might actually come to define him as a genius or a fool

Of the 100 things I've been wrong about over the past year, this is the one that I want to be wrong on the most. I just hate players who are mentally soft, and IMO Hackenberg reeks of being soft.

3 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Like I said earlier most of you will be praising him by year 3. Easily the best QB we have drafted in 30 years

I for one don't know this but I truly hope to the Almighty that you are correct.  

He has ability, no doubt.  But there is also no doubt that he was horrific at times, horrific.  No sugar coating it Hack was flat out bad and I was one who thought that the Jets might in fact draft Hack coming up to the draft.  

So I really really hope that you are right!!

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Of the 100 things I've been wrong about over the past year, this is the one that I want to be wrong on the most. I just hate players who are mentally soft, and IMO Hackenberg reeks of being soft.

i said it another thread. rookie camp, ota's and training camp/preseason are going to be very interesting this year with hackenberg

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

ok well.....since no one seems to want to guess. this is tom brady's stats in the conference game vs the broncos last year. (no i'm not saying he will be as good as brady) its telling because this is virtually the same circumstances hackenberg played under at PSU except he probably had it even worse. at least we know that the patriots offensive system is grea and he has the games best tight end ever to throw to at leats and his o-line is actually pretty good. hackenberg played under similar duress because the PSu o-line was shamefully bad....and he didnt have a great receiver to throw it to or a great head coach to make adjustments. frankly....i'm surprised hackenberg made it through his college career healthy. the kid is tough and never quits. i'm looking forward to seeing what he's got

That is interesting. I was going to guess it was one of Sanchez's performances for the Jets. But then I figured, nah.

1 minute ago, Jet Fan RI said:

That is interesting. I was going to guess it was one of Sanchez's performances for the Jets. But then I figured, nah.

i think it goes to show what can happen to even the greatest of quaterbacks when they are faced with relentless pressure. in hackenbergs case this was every game due to the horrid o-line. 

5 hours ago, PCP63 said:

I know it's hard to believe. You look at the stats and see the low completion percentage and overthrows.  You see a guy with bad footwork. How could he possibly be even a decent QB?

Stats don't always tell the full story. If you actually break down the game film, you'll see that he's really not that inaccurate. Most of his incompletions are due to pass rush, drops, and batted down balls. His footwork? After O'Brien left, the coaches kept making him switch his stance, making it awkward for him.

This is a kid that ran a pro-style Erhardt Perkins offense as a freshman. He makes the right reads, his audibles are immaculate, and he's very intelligent. Don't blame him for poor line play, and wide receivers that make the wrong choices on choice routes.

When you look at his plays, don't look at the yards gained. Those don't tell you anything. Look at the reads, the audibles, the progressions. If you do, you'll see that he's the most pro-ready QB in this entire draft. And our franchise quarterback.

Sorry to say I totally disagree with you. Yes he has all the physical attributes but it is above the shoulders that will not make this QB any good.

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

did you watch him this year. I did.

i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here. the o-line was horrible....he had no protection. the coaching was crap. the team itself was just not very good. let's see what he does for the jets

6 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

did you see the gruden qb camp episode with him? i'd say he has it above the shoulders.........

I don't give a flying Fukk..... I want a QB, if we waste 100 2nd round picks to find one..I'm ok with that.

draft a QB every year .....

Being 8 and 8 is no where....

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I don't give a flying Fukk..... I want a QB, if we waste 100 2nd round picks to find one..I'm ok with that.

draft a QB every year .....

Being 8 and 8 is no where....

That would mean 100 years waiting for a QB. Are you sure you're OK with that?

8 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt here. the o-line was horrible....he had no protection. the coaching was crap. the team itself was just not very good. let's see what he does for the jets

His biggest problem is him holding onto the ball and getting sacked. In the NFL if he does this he will be another David Carr.

Just now, Tony The Wiz said:

you have heard about throwing the ball away.

I've heard of trying to move the ball and scoring?  Throwing the ball away on third down isn't winning games.  QBs try to make plays.  Has nothing to do with mental ability.  I would think that as a freshman running the Patriot offense and running it well should prove that he has the ability.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I've heard of trying to move the ball and scoring?  Throwing the ball away on third down isn't winning games.  QBs try to make plays.  Has nothing to do with mental ability.  I would think that as a freshman running the Patriot offense and running it well should prove that he has the ability.  

do you know anything about football. Any coach will tell you if you could throw the ball away. Holding onto the ball will cause too many problems.

• Thumb Down 2

5 minutes ago, Jet Fan RI said:

That would mean 100 years waiting for a QB. Are you sure you're OK with that?

2 things .    

Im in Key  West, drunk as sh*t.  Wearing JETS gear in the bar. Takin on all comers of FINS fans. FUKK them.  ?

Ill be dead in probably 35 years... So yeah . We need a QB. ?

Im gonna drink some more.... GO JETS!!!!!

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

do you know anything about football. Any coach will tell you if you could throw the ball away. Holding onto the ball will cause too many problems.

From your posts, from you constant idiotic unsubstantiated remarks about Hackenbergs mental issues, the last thing you should do is talk about knowing the game.  I said 3rd down.  Only someone who doesn't know the game expects a QB on say 3rd and 8 to throw it away instead of trying to make a play. Never mind that you refuse to realize he ran the pats offense to a tee as a freshman and he was the next big thing, can't miss pro prospect.  That his struggles came when he was asked to run a gimmick spread offense which he was ill suited to run.   But you feel the need to rip your teams pick, even while you have no clue.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

2 things .    

Im in Key  West, drunk as sh*t.  Wearing JETS gear in the bar. Takin on all comers of FINS fans. FUKK them.  ?

Ill be dead in probably 35 years... So yeah . We need a QB. ?

Im gonna drink some more.... GO JETS!!!!!

Sounds  like me during the time I lived in Orlando. Not only wore Jets attire in sports bars, but also did the Jets chant with a friend or two. Go Jets!!! 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

From your posts, from you constant idiotic unsubstantiated remarks about Hackenbergs mental issues, the last thing you should do is talk about knowing the game.  I said 3rd down.  Only someone who doesn't know the game expects a QB on say 3rd and 8 to throw it away instead of trying to make a play. Never mind that you refuse to realize he ran the pats offense to a tee as a freshman and he was the next big thing, can't miss pro prospect.  That his struggles came when he was asked to run a gimmick spread offense which he was ill suited to run.   But you feel the need to rip your teams pick, even while you have no clue.  

It is very funny that the majority of experts, coaches, sports reporters and fans had Lynch and Cook ahead of Hackenberg in the draft. But you are the expert.  

6 hours ago, Doggin94it said:

Yes. Just because they once played in the same stadium, have rhyming names, look to 1969 as the franchise's crowning glory and are the "second child" to original mystique teams in their respective sports is no reason to tie them together

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

The idea to break all of those unfortunate memories by actually winning something.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Its hard to take notes from people who talk without watchng games. Which is petty much whats going on in most of the Hackenberg arguments. A bunch of people arguing over stats and Gifs. 

With that said, I no longer take serious individuals who even bring up McCown, VJ and Mike Evans because it proves that they never watched the football games....especially when bringing up Mike Evans. 

And I can't take anyone seriously who honestly wants to trade for Mike Glennon. A guy who had no demand, and played on the same team that made Josh Freeman look like a starting qb in the NFL, discounting the fact that he got straight benched for McCown. As for Hackenberg, I've probably watched more tape on him then you have, considering I was on here last year arguing with people who thought he was going to be a first round pick. Nonetheless, shouldn't you go campaigning for Sanchize to be our starter, I seem to recall you loving the sh*t out of him last time we argued on a qb.

Edit: Also gotta love how you consider a two time 1,000 yard receiver who is only 22 to be a sh*t weapon.

1 minute ago, Tony The Wiz said:

It is very funny that the majority of experts, coaches, sports reporters and fans had Lynch and Cook ahead of Hackenberg in the draft. But you are the expert.  

I'm not the one telling everyone that he sucks.  

Now tell us how many QBs went after Lynch?  After Hackenberg?  You use bloggers and twits to make your case.  I'll go with Macc, Polian and whoever I give a shlt about.  But I'm not the one happily telling everyone our WB sucks like you are.

the freshman Hackenberg was better than every one of the WBs picked.  Bring Lynch into the conversation when he learns how to break a huddle or line up under center.  

• Upvote 1