Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

24 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Lol. What? Go away. 

Hahahaha.....

aww don't be mad brother...watched stomp the yard last night was looking for a good spot to use my new colloquialisms

anywho I will give my opinion even tho I know you do not want

the failures of the last ohhh 20 years or so can be traced to the person who thought drafting a kicker in round 2.  He shall not be named out of respect to all those handful of players he actually picked correctly.

it is easier to predict failures.

i have man crush on Hack......I am not afraid to yell that from the top of these here forum.

i have man crush on Mac/Bowels...and ditto

and last but not least...chan gaily was delivered to us from the football gods...he will make whomever ends up QB awesome!

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I wonder if he is wearing 14 this weekend at rookie mini camp, if so does that mean anything?  Very interesting, nice catch.

5 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Oh please let me forget him.  You got to admit it would be an interesting message to Fitz if Hack is wearing 14, and an even bigger clue if he isn't.

Christian Hackenburg is a NY Jet 

Ryan Fitzpatrick is NOT 

#14 goes to Christian Hackenburg 

2 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Taking sacks is prob the one thing all bad QB's do. Hackenberg has taken more than any college QB in past 2 years right? 

Are you kidding me? These aren't sacks caused by him holding the ball too long. Most of his sacks literally happen before his third step. The OL is that terrible.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tony The Wiz said:

His biggest problem is him holding onto the ball and getting sacked. In the NFL if he does this he will be another David Carr.

Watched alot of his highlights.  Didn't see this, saw him with absolutely no time to throw.  Seemed decisive to me. True that he missed some passes though and I chalk this up to bring rattled.

Maybe I missed something.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The best case scenario comparison I saw for Hackenberg is Eli. Eli isn't particularly accurate, and he's not a charismatic leader, but he can take a beating and make enough plays to win football games. The issue with Hackenberg is that he comes off as mentally weak and a bit of an entitled puss. That's death in the NFL.

This pick would be an absolute home run if Hack turns into the equivalent of Eli Manning. 

1 minute ago, PCP63 said:

Are you kidding me? These aren't sacks caused by him holding the ball too long. Most of his sacks literally happen before his third step. The OL is that terrible.

Hey I'm rooting for him man. Truth be told I don't know much about him. I heard his O-line was terrible and he was in an offense ill-suited for him. But the QB position comes down to making quick decisions and getting the ball to your receivers - he didn't do that very well the past two years and thats just the truth so don't get upset about it. Sacks? he took a lot. Completions percentage? not impressive. BUT - i obviously see why the Jets took him - based off his first year at Penn State in a pro offense he has potential to make it. 

Honestly - I look at the QB depth chart now though and thats what makes it tough for me to accept this pick. More because Hackenberg is an obvious project and we already have a project in Petty. 

6 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Hey I'm rooting for him man. Truth be told I don't know much about him. I heard his O-line was terrible and he was in an offense ill-suited for him. But the QB position comes down to making quick decisions and getting the ball to your receivers - he didn't do that very well the past two years and thats just the truth so don't get upset about it. Sacks? he took a lot. Completions percentage? not impressive. BUT - i obviously see why the Jets took him - based off his first year at Penn State in a pro offense he has potential to make it. 

Honestly - I look at the QB depth chart now though and thats what makes it tough for me to accept this pick. More because Hackenberg is an obvious project and we already have a project in Petty. 

He's really not a project. I think with some very minor tweaks (just getting his footwork back to where he has already had it), he could start from day 1 and be our best QB.

Taking sacks doesn't mean anything. How can you make a quick decision when you're being sacked before you even have the opportunity to finish a 3-step drop?

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

Taking sacks is prob the one thing all bad QB's do. Hackenberg has taken more than any college QB in past 2 years right? 

Not Geno ... He runs backwards out of bounds , fumbles, or throws an interception 

Just now, PCP63 said:

He's really not a project. I think with some very minor tweaks (just getting his footwork back to where he has already had it), he could start from day 1 and be our best QB.

Taking sacks doesn't mean anything. How can you make a quick decision when you're being sacked before you even have the opportunity to finish a 3-step drop?

We'll see how it all pans out. Im hoping he's the future of our franchise but I'm not holding my breath is all lol. 

2 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

ATTENTION NAY SAYERS:

Can I have you honest opinion and not a glib answer please.

Why do you think Mac drafted him?

Because Macc thinks he has the potential to be a future starting QB of worth.

If he had any other reason.....well, goes without saying really.

32 minutes ago, Flushing Roots said:

If Fitz retires, what's the downside of starting Hackenberg?

1. Losing, alot. 

2. Losing the locker room and veterans.

3. Admitted a wasted 4th rounder in Petty, so much so he doesn't deserve to compete.

4. Losing, did I mention that?

5. Hack can't take the pressure, isn't ready, and in losing, badly, becomes a wasted pick himself, out of the league by year 3.

On the positive side, Jets would get a very high draft pick potentially.

That's the possible downside.

On April 30, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Thai Jet said:

Clark STARTED for 3 yrs. at LT and was ALL BIG 12 for each of those 3 yrs. Much more of a plug and play guy than Hackensack who was rated UNDRAFTABLE by one draft site as posted here.

be real....one site said he was undraftable. thats silly. obviously, its personal. probably a penn state despiser

• Upvote 1

Hackenburg is much like another QB Mac had a hand in drafting when in houston, that being Tom Savage, essentially the same measurables, big arms and look like world beaters, the big difference is that Hackenburg did not transfer and savage did about 5 times oh and the fact that savage was drafted where he should have been drafted, in the 4th round and is still scrubbing around as a #3 guy years later.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Guys - here is the bottom line...if Mac and company think there is a 10% chance that Hackenberg could be a franchise QB, you take him in the 2nd round.

Have to disagree there, the odds have to be a bit higher for a 2nd rounder which can be used to give you another string player on your team.  Draft a QB each year that shows something that might lead you to think a guy will have a chance?  sure, a 2nd rounder on 10% just means a few years down the road you have missed out on several starting players.  He must feel the guy has a better chance than 10% to be a long term viable guy.  In any case we won't know for a few years and I can't see him being worse than Geno so there is that to look forward to.

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Have to disagree there, the odds have to be a bit higher for a 2nd rounder which can be used to give you another string player on your team.  Draft a QB each year that shows something that might lead you to think a guy will have a chance?  sure, a 2nd rounder on 10% just means a few years down the road you have missed out on several starting players.  He must feel the guy has a better chance than 10% to be a long term viable guy.  In any case we won't know for a few years and I can't see him being worse than Geno so there is that to look forward to.

10% is probably too low. Because that would mean there was a 90% chance against it.

But you get my point. To take a guy with the size and arm strength to be a POTENTIAL franchise QB in Round 2, it doesn't have to be 80%. If it was 80% that guy would be gone in round 1.

• Upvote 2