Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

No, silly. The encouraging part of it was that Hackenberg isn't Maccagnan's white whale.

Just so you know, only the neurotic fans concluded that in the first place. Just so you know.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yeah, still hate the pick 4 days later. Wasted pick. We're gonna look back and we'll regret not taking someone like Mackensie Alexander, Cody Whitehair, Tyler Boyd, Von Bell, among others.

It's a little early to call it a wasted pick considering the jets haven't had a decent 2nd rounder since 2007

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yet, no one stopped an asked you your opinion on the matter. Go watch games before you comment on someone. And yeah, you probably did watch more tape of Hackenberg than I did, but you dont see me making stupid comments about a player I dont know much about either. 

And the fact that you got "Evans is a sh*t weapon" based on my statement further confirms that you didnt watch Glennon games, because if you did you would have known that the reason I even said it is because out of Mike Glennon's 19 games he's only played 5 with Evans which means that the MAJORITY OF HIS GAMES (75%) werent with Mike Evans....though people who havent watched his games continue to make the illinformed remarks such as "Take note, he had all these weaponzzz". However what they dont mention is how in the first three games of that season as a rookie Evans avg. less than 50 yards a game and 0 TD's with McCown, when McCown got hurt Glennon replaced him and Evans immediately averaged 1TD per game for those 5 games they played, not to mention earning his first games with over 100 yards receiving as well as his first multi TD game. 

Go have a seat somewhere, watch some tape of the player you're commenting on and stop assuming so much while telling people more informed than you to "take note". Stick to Christian Hackenberg since you've actually watched his games (allegedly).  

You dont like the thought of Glennon, cool....but your schooling approach was exposed. No need to respond with damage controlling. Glennon isnt the QB and my original statement was a joke. I'll be leave this conversation here, unless you go watch his games. Then we can actually talk about note taking.  

Oh yeah, let's just discount 25% of his games. Solid analysis there buddy, I can now see how you managed to make those logical leaps in convincing yourself that Sanchize was a starter. Noticed how you brushed over that, you also brushed over Josh Freeman, funny how that works. You don't trust my analysis of Glennon being nothing more then a backup qb, fine then here: http://www.bucsnation.com/player-analysis/2013/11/5/5065120/mike-glennons-statistics-tell-a-mediocre-story and https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/07/09/qbs-in-focus-mike-glennon/ and http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/10/13/6970003/the-continual-reassessment-of-mike-glennon 

What do all those links have in common: they paint a picture of a backup qb that struggles against pressure, is a captain check down artist who has a sh*t completion percentage, and is morever such a crap qb that the bucs would rather roll with a rookie qb in Winston and risk his future then letting Glennon even sniff the starting job.

Let's look at some fun quotes from those three articles: 

And so far in 2014, he's the least accurate quarterback in the NFL, according to Pro Football Focus' Accuracy Percentage statistic. This takes away drops, throwaways, "hit as thrown" passes and spikes to determine how many aimed passes find their intended target.

And according to their numbers, Davis' play while under pressure is fairly close to Glennon's while not under pressure, while Glennon's play under pressure is a far cry from anything the Southern Miss product has done this season.

Not only is that far below average, only one NFL starter is putting up worse numbers: Josh Freeman -- and that's mostly due to his time in Minnesota, as he was at 6.1 yards per attempt for the Bucs this year

With the exact same quality of play, he could easily have thrown 6 interceptions instead of three -- and then his statistics don't look that different from Blaine Gabbert's in 2012.

Negatives

•  Graded at -6.1 on second down and -4.3 on third down.
•  Struggled on throws in the intermediate (11-to-20-yard) range (-9.2) and graded at -3.3 on passes traveling at least 30 yards in the air.
•  Graded at -2.3 on throws outside the numbers to the left.
•  Among the league’s worst when pressured (-16.2).
•  One of the league’s lowest grades on out routes (-5.4).
•  Graded at -2.4 on drop-backs lasting 2.6-to-3.0 seconds and -3.2 on drop-backs lasting at least 3.6 seconds.
•  Struggled on 7-to-8-yard drop-backs (-5.4).
•  Graded at -12.6 against the blitz including -7.7 on third-down blitzes.

So we have a qb that is being compared to the likes of Austin Davis, Josh Freeman, and Blaine Gabbert. Wow, what a world beater. But yeah, let's roll with a 26 year old qb and better yet, trade a 2nd/3rd rounder for the bum rather then drafting a young 21 year old qb who has a lot more talent then a ******* statue of a giraffe. But sweet, keep tooting that Glennon horn, who knows he might get lucky and have a long lasting career as a qb journeyman ala Fitzpatrick. And you know what's even funnier, no team in the NFL is calling up the Bucs to trade anything more then a 4th rounder, if even that, for the bum.

Edit: I'm sure you'll love this stat, might want to try explaining this one. And btw, you can't use the weapons argument cause Austin Davis has worse weapons then ******* Glennon does:  

Player Under Pressure Not Under Pressure
Glennon 48.3%, 6.4 YPA 63.4%, 7.4 YPA
Davis 54.9%, 7.4 YPA 75.0%, 8.2 YPA

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, artemusclyde said:

Oh yeah, let's just discount 25% of his games. Solid analysis there buddy, I can now see how you managed to make those logical leaps in convincing yourself that Sanchize was a starter. Noticed how you brushed over that, you also brushed over Josh Freeman, funny how that works. You don't trust my analysis of Glennon being nothing more then a backup qb, fine then here: http://www.bucsnation.com/player-analysis/2013/11/5/5065120/mike-glennons-statistics-tell-a-mediocre-story and https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/07/09/qbs-in-focus-mike-glennon/ and http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/10/13/6970003/the-continual-reassessment-of-mike-glennon 

What do all those links have in common: they paint a picture of a backup qb that struggles against pressure, is a captain check down artist who has a sh*t completion percentage, and is morever such a crap qb that the bucs would rather roll with a rookie qb in Winston and risk his future then letting Glennon even sniff the starting job.

And so far in 2014, he's the least accurate quarterback in the NFL, according to Pro Football Focus' Accuracy Percentage statistic. This takes away drops, throwaways, "hit as thrown" passes and spikes to determine how many aimed passes find their intended target.

And according to their numbers, Davis' play while under pressure is fairly close to Glennon's while not under pressure, while Glennon's play under pressure is a far cry from anything the Southern Miss product has done this season.

Not only is that far below average, only one NFL starter is putting up worse numbers: Josh Freeman -- and that's mostly due to his time in Minnesota, as he was at 6.1 yards per attempt for the Bucs this year

With the exact same quality of play, he could easily have thrown 6 interceptions instead of three -- and then his statistics don't look that different from Blaine Gabbert's in 2012.

Negatives

•  Struggled on throws in the intermediate (11-to-20-yard) range (-9.2) and graded at -3.3 on passes traveling at least 30 yards in the air.
•  Graded at -2.4 on drop-backs lasting 2.6-to-3.0 seconds and -3.2 on drop-backs lasting at least 3.6 seconds.

So we have a qb that is being compared to the likes of Austin Davis, Josh Freeman, and Blaine Gabbert. Wow, what a world beater. But yeah, let's roll with a 26 year old qb and better yet, trade a 2nd/3rd rounder for the bum rather then drafting a young 21 year old qb who has a lot more talent then a ******* statue of a giraffe. But sweet, keep tooting that Glennon horn, who knows he might get lucky and have a long lasting career as a qb journeyman ala Fitzpatrick. And you know what's even funnier, no team in the NFL is calling up the Bucs to trade anything more then a 4th rounder, if even that, for the bum.

why so serious ?  its just football

2 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Encouraging, it is the ideal scenario. Let him sit for as long as it takes without feeling obligated to play him and if Petty beats him out, so be it.

The plan really has to be to re-sign Fitz. Regardless of how hard it may seem to do financially I'm still absolutely convinced he'll be back. If we go with Geno then I could see us going through all three guys by Christmas and destroying whatever potential they may have had. 

I tend to agree with this.  The plan has to be to bring back Fitz on a 3 year deal where he is the starts for at least the first year, maybe the second.  With the third year, he is back up or cutable if Hack can figure things out.  

If by the end of the second year, if Hack isn't close, Macc will have to go all in  on a QB in the draft or sign someone's retread for $18M per.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

I tend to agree with this.  The plan has to be to bring back Fitz on a 3 year deal where he is the starts for at least the first year, maybe the second.  With the third year, he is back up or cutable if Hack can figure things out.  

If by the end of the second year, if Hack isn't close, Macc will have to go all in  on a QB in the draft or sign someone's retread for $18M per.

This has to be the worst plan I've read on here from any fan.  Fitz shouldn't get another dollar this year from the Jets, now your talking paying this loser for 3 more years?  Ask the Bills how that worked out.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

This has to be the worst plan I've read on here from any fan.  Fitz shouldn't get another dollar this year from the Jets, now your talking paying this loser for 3 more years?  Ask the Bills how that worked out.

I get the Fitz hate but no one currently on our team is throwing for 4000 yards and 30 TDs.  Geno doesn't have 30 TDs in his career.  If Macc truly wants Hack to sit and learn, he is resigning Fitz.  Hoyer is no longer an option.

if we go into camp with Geno/Petty/Hackenberg, there is absolutely no way Hackenberg sits the entire year.  

2 minutes ago, Pcola said:

I get the Fitz hate but no one currently on our team is throwing for 4000 yards and 30 TDs.  Geno doesn't have 30 TDs in his career.  If Macc truly wants Hack to sit and learn, he is resigning Fitz.  Hoyer is no longer an option.

if we go into camp with Geno/Petty/Hackenberg, there is absolutely no way Hackenberg sits the entire year.  

I don't care if Fitz throws 100 TD'S, dude is a loser, never will be a winner, and you can include him in that list who won't throw for 4k, and 30 TD's in 2016, the Jets aren't facing 14 semi pro defenses like last seasons schedule had.

11 minutes ago, Pcola said:

If you want the young guys to learn from Fitz hire him as an assistant QB coach , but by no means give this guy a penny over 8M per year to play QB. 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Make a deal with everyone here. Your so sure just promise everyone that if he does become a franchise QB, you'll pick another team in the AFC to root for. I mean your so sure what could be the harm?

Who on earth would anyone do that?

On a side note, it was well publicized that Bill O'Brien never spoke to Osweiler prior to his big signing with the Texans. It is also pretty well known that Houston GM Rick Smith makes all the personnel decisions during free agency and the draft. I wonder how much information on Hackenberg Mac gained from that one year in Houston with O'Brien.

40 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I don't care if Fitz throws 100 TD'S, dude is a loser, never will be a winner, and you can include him in that list who won't throw for 4k, and 30 TD's in 2016, the Jets aren't facing 14 semi pro defenses like last seasons schedule had.

Which 2 were the pro defenses?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Yeah, I'd hate another few years of him breaking the Jets passing records. LOL

Fitz should absolutely come back at the right price. I don't know what you feel the alternative would be. Geno with the young QB's would be a disaster for a variety of reasons.

Fitz is the perfect bridge QB and has proven he can be competitive in this system with this team. I don't see how anyone could complain if the price isn't above $8m, not that you guys wont find a way.

Bring back the beard!

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

Negatives

Edit: I'm sure you'll love this stat, might want to try explaining this one. And btw, you can't use the weapons argument cause Austin Davis has worse weapons then ******* Glennon does:  

Player Under Pressure Not Under Pressure
Glennon 48.3%, 6.4 YPA 63.4%, 7.4 YPA
Davis 54.9%, 7.4 YPA 75.0%, 8.2 YPA

TL;DR. 

I hope Fitz isn't holding out hopes for a longer contract as well as money. It seems unlikely though. He's 33 and knows he'll never be a franchise QB. And any chance died when Hackenberg was drafted. But if there a bottom line figure I'd sure as hell like to know what it is. We're going to have to cut Breno or rework a couple of deals to get close to it!

1 hour ago, pdxgreen said:

I hope Fitz isn't holding out hopes for a longer contract as well as money. It seems unlikely though. He's 33 and knows he'll never be a franchise QB. And any chance died when Hackenberg was drafted. But if there a bottom line figure I'd sure as hell like to know what it is. We're going to have to cut Breno or rework a couple of deals to get close to it!

I doubt they're getting caught up with the length (unlike yo wife lmao) and I'm sure Fitz knows that he'll have no assurance to be the starter beyond this year anyways. His best chance is to maintain his level of play, keep winning games and basically play for one year deals. No one's going to invest in him long term and he knows it.

I doubt they're getting caught up with the length (unlike yo wife lmao) and I'm sure Fitz knows that he'll have no assurance to be the starter beyond this year anyways. His best chance is to maintain his level of play, keep winning games and basically play for one year deals. No one's going to invest in him long term and he knows it.

When I become strong enough of a catch to withstand the mental cruelty that is marriage, I'll let you what her obsessions are.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I'd hate another few years of him breaking the Jets passing records. LOL!

That one record (singular) ranked Fitz #11 in the NFL last season. Awesome!

In the vast majority of all QB measures last year, Fitz ranked in the bottom 25% of all QB's.

Do you seriously think that kind of performance justifies a 300% salary increase?

26 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

That one record (singular) ranked Fitz #11 in the NFL last season. Awesome!

In the vast majority of all QB measures last year, Fitz ranked in the bottom 25% of all QB's.

Do you seriously think that kind of performance justifies a 300% salary increase?

Them rushing TD's too tho. 

Accounted for 33 on the year. More than Aaron Rodgers. Literal Greatness. All while sporting the greatest beard in sports.

The season actually justifies far more, but alas the beard will soon be grey. 

He thoroughly outplayed Tom Brady when they last played. Without Cheating too. What a guy. Can't put a price on integrity.

Ryan Fitzpatrick vs the Patriots in 2015:

48/80 - 591 Yards Passing, 42 Yards Rushing, 5 Touchdowns, 0 Interceptions

I can sense the fear. You're cracking up. He'll make light work of the Patriots yet again. 

• Upvote 2

Them rushing TD's too tho. 

Accounted for 33 on the year. More than Aaron Rodgers. Literal Greatness. All while sporting the greatest beard in sports.

The season actually justifies far more, but alas the beard will soon be grey. 

He thoroughly outplayed Tom Brady when they last played. Without Cheating too. What a guy. Can't put a price on integrity.

Ryan Fitzpatrick vs the Patriots in 2015:

48/80 - 591 Yards Passing, 42 Yards Rushing, 5 Touchdowns, 0 Interceptions

I can sense the fear. You're cracking up. He'll make light work of the Patriots yet again. 

With the easiest schedule in the NFL, how did Fitz do in the playoffs?

6 minutes ago, PatsFanTX said:

With the easiest schedule in the NFL, how did Fitz do in the playoffs?

He won as many Superbowl's this season as you guys did. I imagine he enjoyed watching the Patriots crash and burn without the homfield advantage he took from you in his conquest.

Just now, nyjunc said:

stats are nice, wins are better.

So you want Sanchez back?  There is no QB available until the next draft that is going to win more games than Fitz in 2016.  

If there is one, please let me know.

10 minutes ago, Pcola said:

So you want Sanchez back?  There is no QB available until the next draft that is going to win more games than Fitz in 2016.  

If there is one, please let me know.

He's not coming back, would I have liked him back? sure but that was NEVER happening.  

I want Fitz back for this year and hopefully hackenberg or Petty will be ready to roll in 2017.

11 hours ago, Pcola said:

some fans tend to get caught up in years of a contract. whats the difference between a 1 year guaranteed deal, a 2 year deal with 1 year guaranteed, or a 3 year deal with 1 year guaranteed? not much, is there. fans want petty or hackenberg to emerge, but chances are, even if they are able to, it wont be till late year 2 or year 3. so why not sign fitz to a 3 year deal with a year-year and a half guaranteed? the rooks will need that time regardless. best case scenario is one of the rooks is ready by year 2. so you have 1 year where your backup qb is making good money. who cares. the jets will be on their way to better qb play, which is the end game. fitz is a guy who plays well most of the time. until we find that guy who plays well all of the time, fitz will be fine for me for a year or 2