Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Thankfully we drafted Brick.

that was a nutty draft.  mario, bush, vince, hawk, cutler, leinart among others.  so many rumors that draft.  wasn't that the draft where that guy (forgot his user name) was giving all this alleged insider info?  what was that dude's name again?

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

that was a nutty draft.  mario, bush, vince, hawk, cutler, leinart among others.  so many rumors that draft.  wasn't that the draft where that guy (forgot his user name) was giving all this alleged insider info?  what was that dude's name again?

I don't remember who was giving out info.  I remember fans wanting to tank for reggie Bush and we got Leon later and he was every bit as good as reggie before his big injury.

13 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I remember most jet fans wanting us to draft Leinart over Brick in 2006.

I was on JI back then but I remember SAR wanting Leinart (very much) and a lot of other guys wanted Cutler.  That turned out to be a very good draft for us, for the first round alone.

• Upvote 1

Long time Penn state fanatic, wanted to say something about Hack.

One thing last year that blew my mind and frustrated me beyond grief, was how SLOW Hack was at making pre snap reads.  Not sure if getting hit so many times was the cause, but the dude took so many fricken delay of game calls, and unnecessary time outs that it honestly made me turn the games off several times .  He thought he was Peyton Manning out there, but he had no urgency and very little play clock awareness.  And then when he'd call a bad timeout to avoid penalty, he'd walk dejected over to the sideline with body language that said he didn't believe in his coaches .  It was ugly to watch.

I think beyond footwork, beyond good decision making, Hackenberg needs to learn urgency and clock awareness.

goodluck, Jets fans, and hopefully you won't damage the follicles on your scalp from pulling your hair at Hackensack like I did.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, PSU2015 said:

One thing last year that blew my mind and frustrated me beyond grief, was how SLOW Hack was at making pre snap reads.  Not sure if getting hit so many times was the cause, but the dude took so many fricken delay of game calls, and unnecessary time outs that it honestly made me turn the games off several times .  He thought he was Peyton Manning out there, but he had no urgency and very little play clock awareness.  And then when he'd call a bad timeout to avoid penalty, he'd walk dejected over to the sideline with body language that said he didn't believe in his coaches .  It was ugly to watch.

I think beyond footwork, beyond good decision making, Hackenberg needs to learn urgency and clock awareness.

goodluck, Jets fans, and hopefully you won't damage the follicles on your scalp from pulling your hair at Hackensack like I did.

if i were getting sacked as much as he was i'd be trying to figure out which guy is going to nail me.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if i were getting sacked as much as he was i'd be trying to figure out which guy is going to nail me.  

ya, penn states offensive line was as bad as bad gets. just about every play, you see a free rusher, even if there was a blocker assigned to him

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, PSU2015 said:

John Donovan was horrible. 

How many Penn St players were drafted?? None in the 1st rd Hack in the 2nd rd along with a DT and another D player in the 3rd..Add another 2 D players in the 6th rd and that was it.. No offensive players were drafted why do you think that was?? Here's a clue it wasn't because Hack was surrounded by All Star offensive players..:)

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

How many Penn St players were drafted?? None in the 1st rd Hack in the 2nd rd along with a DT and another D player in the 3rd..Add another 2 D players in the 6th rd and that was it.. No offensive players were drafted why do you think that was?? Here's a clue it wasn't because Hack was surrounded by All Star offensive players..:)

good point.  

i don't think people question why things went south for him in years 2 and 3 in college.  i don't think scouts question his talent and upside.  the issue was, do we have that much faith to coach him back up, to risk a top pick on him?  the jets felt it was a 2nd round gamble.  other teams may have thought he was a 4th round gamble.

51 minutes ago, Savage69 said:

He and Allan Robinson had a terrific rapport his Freshman year, and the productivity showed that.

The last 2 years have been freshman and red shirt freshman forced into action because of the sanctions. While there is some talent on those wideouts, there is not a leader in the group, and the route running at times was horrible.

Hey, Hack was not perfect also, and there is work for him to do.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

tl;dr

Yup, you got nothing. Just relying on the old tl;dr trolling. Funny how you were so confident earlier trying to shut me down with arguments, but now that I exposed how much you know about Glennon you result to the standard, old tl;dr. Keep posting tl;dr, after your tirade about how I should go watch tape of Glennon and how you know so much more than me, I find it hilarious that you have to rely to petty trolling cause you have no answers/replies. Where'd that confidence go bro, I thought Glennon was your boy? 

Just now, artemusclyde said:

Yup, you got nothing. Just relying on the old tl;dr trolling. Funny how you were so confident earlier trying to shut me down with arguments, but now that I exposed how much you know about Glennon you result to the standard, old tl;dr. Keep posting tl;dr, after your tirade about how I should go watch tape of Glennon and how you know so much more than me, I find it hilarious that you have to rely to petty trolling cause you have no answers/replies. Where'd that confidence go bro, I thought Glennon was your boy? 

tl;dr

19 hours ago, artemusclyde said:

Oh yeah, let's just discount 25% of his games. Solid analysis there buddy, I can now see how you managed to make those logical leaps in convincing yourself that Sanchize was a starter. Noticed how you brushed over that, you also brushed over Josh Freeman, funny how that works. You don't trust my analysis of Glennon being nothing more then a backup qb, fine then here: http://www.bucsnation.com/player-analysis/2013/11/5/5065120/mike-glennons-statistics-tell-a-mediocre-story and https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/07/09/qbs-in-focus-mike-glennon/ and http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/10/13/6970003/the-continual-reassessment-of-mike-glennon 

What do all those links have in common: they paint a picture of a backup qb that struggles against pressure, is a captain check down artist who has a sh*t completion percentage, and is morever such a crap qb that the bucs would rather roll with a rookie qb in Winston and risk his future then letting Glennon even sniff the starting job.

Let's look at some fun quotes from those three articles: 

And so far in 2014, he's the least accurate quarterback in the NFL, according to Pro Football Focus' Accuracy Percentage statistic. This takes away drops, throwaways, "hit as thrown" passes and spikes to determine how many aimed passes find their intended target.

And according to their numbers, Davis' play while under pressure is fairly close to Glennon's while not under pressure, while Glennon's play under pressure is a far cry from anything the Southern Miss product has done this season.

Not only is that far below average, only one NFL starter is putting up worse numbers: Josh Freeman -- and that's mostly due to his time in Minnesota, as he was at 6.1 yards per attempt for the Bucs this year

With the exact same quality of play, he could easily have thrown 6 interceptions instead of three -- and then his statistics don't look that different from Blaine Gabbert's in 2012.

Negatives

•  Graded at -6.1 on second down and -4.3 on third down.
•  Struggled on throws in the intermediate (11-to-20-yard) range (-9.2) and graded at -3.3 on passes traveling at least 30 yards in the air.
•  Graded at -2.3 on throws outside the numbers to the left.
•  Among the league’s worst when pressured (-16.2).
•  One of the league’s lowest grades on out routes (-5.4).
•  Graded at -2.4 on drop-backs lasting 2.6-to-3.0 seconds and -3.2 on drop-backs lasting at least 3.6 seconds.
•  Struggled on 7-to-8-yard drop-backs (-5.4).
•  Graded at -12.6 against the blitz including -7.7 on third-down blitzes.

So we have a qb that is being compared to the likes of Austin Davis, Josh Freeman, and Blaine Gabbert. Wow, what a world beater. But yeah, let's roll with a 26 year old qb and better yet, trade a 2nd/3rd rounder for the bum rather then drafting a young 21 year old qb who has a lot more talent then a ******* statue of a giraffe. But sweet, keep tooting that Glennon horn, who knows he might get lucky and have a long lasting career as a qb journeyman ala Fitzpatrick. And you know what's even funnier, no team in the NFL is calling up the Bucs to trade anything more then a 4th rounder, if even that, for the bum.

Edit: I'm sure you'll love this stat, might want to try explaining this one. And btw, you can't use the weapons argument cause Austin Davis has worse weapons then ******* Glennon does:  

Player Under Pressure Not Under Pressure
Glennon 48.3%, 6.4 YPA 63.4%, 7.4 YPA
Davis 54.9%, 7.4 YPA 75.0%, 8.2 YPA

Good stuff here. Trading a high pick for the right to then have to tie up money for a multi-year deal for this career backup would have been stupid. 

If he's worth taking a look at, we can just do it after this coming season when he'll be a free agent without much leverage to trick someone into a bigger deal ($$ and years) than he's worth at the moment. 

On 5/1/2016 at 2:24 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There were 2 years of incredible tape on Geno in college.  How'd that work out for us? 

Look at who was evaluating him. John Idzik and Rex. Both totally ignorant in scouting talent. At WV Geno was asked to make one read, then take off. Somewhere along the line he forgot that part. Now he just takes dumb sacks.

People are questioning if a 2nd round gamble was worth it. I'll put it this way: even if it'd be considered a reach, I would have had no issues if we'd gotten Hack in the 1st. I truly believe he'll be our QB for years to come.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PCP63 said:

People are questioning if a 2nd round gamble was worth it. I'll put it this way: even if it'd be considered a reach, I would have had no issues if we'd gotten Hack in the 1st. I truly believe he'll be our QB for years to come.

2nd round gamble with 1st round talent.  this is more than scouting, the jets are counting on hack the person pulling through the adversity and putting it behind him.  this isn't like trying to get the most out of a guy like clemens, or transitioning petty to a pro scheme.  they had to have really had an understanding of where he was mentally, and decide whether he could put that college stuff behind him.  it's an interesting challenge, and there are lots of analysts who panned the pick but yet are curious how it will turn out.

3 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

2nd round gamble with 1st round talent.  this is more than scouting, the jets are counting on hack the person pulling through the adversity and putting it behind him.  this isn't like trying to get the most out of a guy like clemens, or transitioning petty to a pro scheme.  they had to have really had an understanding of where he was mentally, and decide whether he could put that college stuff behind him.  it's an interesting challenge, and there are lots of analysts who panned the pick but yet are curious how it will turn out.

I think he can pull through. People comparing him to Geno don't know what they're talking about. Geno ran options and one read verts. Hack was running pro concepts. Y Stick, Levels, Spacing Y Option, etc. He made multiple reads, and intelligent pre-snap checks.

One thing I love about watching the Pats is their deception. If you look at old Charlie Weis playbooks, you'll see how ingenious some of his alert and audible calls were.

• 2 months later...