Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

There is something wrong if you draft a QB in the 2nd Round, and he's so bad, or so fragile, that he cannot take a single snap in your first two pre-season games.

Unless his sitting leads us to a cut Geno, and Petty #2, the only thing I can say about the missing Hack is....wtf, really?

There is something wrong if you draft a QB in the 2nd Round, and he's so bad, or so fragile, that he cannot take a single snap in your first two pre-season games.

Unless his sitting leads us to a cut Geno, and Petty #2, the only thing I can say about the missing Hack is....wtf, really?

We will see Hack in game 4 . My guess is Fitz 1st half of next week, Petty and Geno mop up.

Personally ... Next week, I'd like to see Petty in the 1st , Geno in the 2nd, Geno in the 3rd , Petty in the 4th

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Overall, i am pleased with the job Macc has done.  Drafting a QB in the 2nd round that an NFL analytical source, whether you respect their opinion or not, went so far as to call Hack "undraftable" is inexcusable.

The Jets are so poor in the 2nd, they should let the fan and/or ex player actually make the pick, not just anounce it.

13 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Overall, i am pleased with the job Macc has done.  Drafting a QB in the 2nd round that an NFL analytical source, whether you respect their opinion or not, went so far as to call Hack "undraftable" is inexcusable.

The Jets are so poor in the 2nd, they should let the fan and/or ex player actually make the pick, not just anounce it.

We should take a picture with the 2nd round pick with the #2 Jersey and the name 'Doomed' on it.

• 1 month later...
Just now, PCP63 said:

Get the young kid some live game experience once our season is out of reach.

I'd like a tackle, a pass protecting back, and a TIGHT END in the draft. We'll have the high draft pick. Any good tackle prospects this year?

Hackenberg is nowhere near ready to play.  Personally, I don't think he ever will be either.  Hack is Greg McElroy in reverse. 

Mac was a good decision maker with no physical gifts.

Hack has some physical gifts, accuracy not included, but is a terrible decision maker.

Different equations, same result. Both cannot play QB in the NFL.

Just now, RoadFan said:

Hackenberg is nowhere near ready to play.  Personally, I don't think he ever will be either.  Hack is Greg McElroy in reverse. 

Hack has some physical gifts, accuracy not included, but is a terrible decision maker.

Huh? Hack's best attribute is his decision-making. He ALWAYS makes the right reads and audibles.

Greg McElroy only got one start in his entire career. In 2012 he subbed for Mark and played well and then got a start and played poorly and got sacked like 7 times. It was not an NFL performance. He later went to the Bengals but eventually retired and does college football on TV. You could say one start is not a fair chance I mean look at Geno he got 29 and was bad too. 

• Upvote 1

I don't mind waiting a year and letting him get accustomed to the NFL and let Gailey work on changing his mechanics, etc and mold him into a proffesional QB. All I care is that when he "is ready" he is truly READY.

It's gonna really suck if Hackenberg doesnt pan out and we could of had Dak Prescott a round or two later instead.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Just now, PCP63 said:

Huh? Hack's best attribute is his decision-making. He ALWAYS makes the right reads and audibles.

Wow.  Do I need to pull up Penn State videos of him hitting defenders between the numbers on a simple bubble screen?  Or throwing to his first read WR surrounded by triple coverage?  There are plenty of them out there.

Nah.... look them yourself.

2 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Greg McElroy only got one start in his entire career. In 2012 he subbed for Mark and played well and then got a start and played poorly and got sacked like 7 times. It was not an NFL performance. He later went to the Bengals but eventually retired and does college football on TV. You could say one start is not a fair chance I mean look at Geno he got 29 and was bad too. 

I know that.  I used McElroy as an example of a guy that was never going to be an NFL QB.  I see the same thing with Hack. He might get a chance to start a few games, but it will be clear quickly that it ain't gonna happen for him when he is wildly flinging the ball into triple coverage.

9 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

And this is what the Jets QB situation has been like for ages.  Guys with physical tools that get hurt or can't think the game (Vinny, Favre, Sanchez, soon to be Petty/Hack) or guys who have all the brains in the world but don;t have the physical ability (Penny, Fitz)  It's some kind of wormhole loop.

We are now due for the big arm, low IQ type of QB (Cutler will be our starter next year.)

Just now, Beerfish said:

And this is what the Jets QB situation has been like for ages.  Guys with physical tools that get hurt or can't think the game (Vinny, Favre, Sanchez, soon to be Petty/Hack) or guys who have all the brains in the world but don;t have the physical ability (Penny, Fitz)  It's some kind of wormhole loop.

We are now due for the big arm, low IQ type of QB (Cutler will be our starter next year.)

Dude Cutler graduated from Vandy

8 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

The Jets decided to teach him a lesson because he spoke out in that 2nd game, I am 100% sure and just layed down, one of the worse oline performances ever,

Just now, Tinstar said:

Dude Cutler graduated from Vandy

I know, he is smart, people question his football decision making due to how he carrys himself.

I am a cutler fan and would like him to play on the Jets, even if it caused pain for other board members,. :D

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I know, he is smart, people question his football decision making due to how he carrys himself.

I am a cutler fan and would like him to play on the Jets, even if it caused pain for other board members,. :D

What??????????? Cutler over Fitzpatrick yes ok 

• Thumb Down 1