Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

1 hour ago, RoadFan said:

I know that.  I used McElroy as an example of a guy that was never going to be an NFL QB.  I see the same thing with Hack. He might get a chance to start a few games, but it will be clear quickly that it ain't gonna happen for him when he is wildly flinging the ball into triple coverage.

But what I'm saying is that one start does not answer that question on whether or not you can be an NFL Qb. If McElroy had a better chance to play maybe he would have found a niche. Improved. Figured out how to successfully be a Qb. That's why when the Geno fans say he didn't get a fair chance I don't take them seriously. Look personally I didn't think that McElroy was going to be a starting NFL Qb. He had a good career at Alabama and maybe with a good offense he might have been able to game manage a team and win games. But I doubt it. But Geno had 29 starts and he got a chance to show what he could do on gameday. You can better evaluate Geno than you could McElroy. I mean if McElroy had 29 starts could he have been worse. I won't judge Hack on one exhibition game. Maybe he comes around and can be a player. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

But what I'm saying is that one start does not answer that question on whether or not you can be an NFL Qb. If McElroy had a better chance to play maybe he would have found a niche. Improved. Figured out how to successfully be a Qb. That's why when the Geno fans say he didn't get a fair chance I don't take them seriously. Look personally I didn't think that McElroy was going to be a starting NFL Qb. He had a good career at Alabama and maybe with a good offense he might have been able to game manage a team and win games. But I doubt it. But Geno had 29 starts and he got a chance to show what he could do on gameday. You can better evaluate Geno than you could McElroy. I mean if McElroy had 29 starts could he have been worse. I won't judge Hack on one exhibition game. Maybe he comes around and can be a player. 

Ugh.... McElroy didn't have an NFL arm.  Not even close.  He made Chad Pennington's noodle look like Jeff George.

No amount of starts matter when you can't throw.  Unless you can generate miracles and your name is Tim Tebow that is.

42 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Picking Hackenberg means they won't pick up a real QB prospect this offseason. The franchise QB prospect can't throw accurately which is the primary skill for a QB..

The Jets drafted tebow without the annoying media coverage factor. We've seen tebow play football already.

You know nothing about football if you think that's a valid comparison. Tebow is a spread QB, Hack a pocket. Hack runs pro  style concepts, Tebow option concepts.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

Picking Hackenberg means they won't pick up a real QB prospect this offseason. The franchise QB prospect can't throw accurately which is the primary skill for a QB..

The Jets drafted tebow without the annoying media coverage factor. We've seen tebow play football already.

No it doesn't. If 1 of the Top 3 QBs is available and Mac passes them up because we already have Hack, I'm gonna call for him to be fired

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, King P said:

No it doesn't. If 1 of the Top 3 QBs is available and Mac passes them up because we already have Hack, I'm gonna call for him to be fired

Macc pretty clearly stated that his philosophy is to draft a QB every year and create a pipeline. Hopefully he keeps drafting until we hit on one and than drafts another two or three after that.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Wow.  Do I need to pull up Penn State videos of him hitting defenders between the numbers on a simple bubble screen?  Or throwing to his first read WR surrounded by triple coverage?  There are plenty of them out there.

Nah.... look them yourself.

I'd like to see these. Not saying it never happened a single time, but you seem to think it happened regularly. I'll gladly breakdown the film.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

Hack will be the guy.

As Jets fans we know that when we do finally find a franchise quarterback it will be completely unexpected, league will laugh at the pick, everyone will mock the GM.

So it appears that Christian Hackenberg is indeed the guy. 

SAR I

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

As Jets fans we know that when we do finally find a franchise quarterback it will be completely unexpected, league will laugh at the pick, everyone will mock the GM.

So it appears that Christian Hackenberg is indeed the guy. 

SAR I

A franchise QB changes the entire face of the organization. 

• Thumb Down 1

On 10/3/2016 at 4:04 PM, papz187 said:

It's gonna really suck if Hackenberg doesnt pan out and we could of had Dak Prescott a round or two later instead.

Sent from my SM-N915T using Tapatalk

Not really. We dont know if Dak is the real deal yet. Way too early to tell with Prescott or Wentz. So far I just see 2 rookies playing well on 2 good teams surrounding them. We saw what Mark Sanchez did bringing us to 2 AFC championship games in his first 2 years playing well because he had a great team around him. But after that he got exposed big time in 2012 when that all fell apart. 

• Upvote 3

On 5/1/2016 at 2:26 PM, SpartanJet said:

Lets stop with this. 

I mean the kid had an awful college career.  One draft site claimed he completed under 61% of his passes when he WASN'T under pressure which is not good.  He has small hands and it shows when he wildly misses very simple passes to the flat or dumpoff passes.  His college tape is a horror show and its not all on his offensive line.  Now Mac claimed he vetted Hacknsack very thoroughly so I guess we kind of have to have some faith.  The odds of any of the 2016 QB's becoming anything better than a backup are low much less becoming a franchise QB.  I just hope we play him right away and don't waste 4 years like the Jets did with Geno to discover he sucks.

Didnt take 4 years to figure out Geno sucked. That was evident right away.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Stafford is just hitting his stride NOW- drafted the same time as Mark Sanchez and it's taken him this long to really figure it out.  He's been given space and time and a lot of leeway.  His fan base has had issues but they haven't written his eulogy before he's dressed for a game.

It takes a minimum 3 years to know fully what you have in a QB. Sometimes longer sometimes sooner. Most the league knew Matt Stafford was legit after his 5,000 yard season. He is just disrespected and under utilized because he's in a bigger dumpster fire of a franchise than ours. 2 count em FREAKING 2 HOF calibur players quit on them because the Lions are that incompetant of a franchise. 

The reason there is such trouble finding quality players in the draft is because the NFL lacks a developmental league. CFB might as well be a completely differant sport than NFL. I have no clue how scouts can evaluate QBs who play in that gimmicky spread offense. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Hack should start next season.

1 minute ago, JetFanWithNOPSL2017 said:

+1

The organization hasn't even evaluated his talent and you are saying start him next season?  What positives have you seen from Hack that would warrant you to make that claim? 

He wasnt ready to play this season he has zero actual NFL game experience yet you guys want him to start next season. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 5/1/2016 at 0:50 PM, PCP63 said:

I know it's hard to believe. You look at the stats and see the low completion percentage and overthrows.  You see a guy with bad footwork. How could he possibly be even a decent QB?

Stats don't always tell the full story. If you actually break down the game film, you'll see that he's really not that inaccurate. Most of his incompletions are due to pass rush, drops, and batted down balls. His footwork? After O'Brien left, the coaches kept making him switch his stance, making it awkward for him.

This is a kid that ran a pro-style Erhardt Perkins offense as a freshman. He makes the right reads, his audibles are immaculate, and he's very intelligent. Don't blame him for poor line play, and wide receivers that make the wrong choices on choice routes.

When you look at his plays, don't look at the yards gained. Those don't tell you anything. Look at the reads, the audibles, the progressions. If you do, you'll see that he's the most pro-ready QB in this entire draft. And our franchise quarterback.

lol what type of weed do you have? 

The organization hasn't even evaluated his talent and you are saying start him next season?  What positives have you seen from Hack that would warrant you to make that claim? 
He wasnt ready to play this season he has zero actual NFL game experience yet you guys want him to start next season. 

Another thread TrollWilly'd to ruin
  • Thumb Down 1

• 3 weeks later...