Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

1 hour ago, Lray said:

A player who couldn't win the starting job in small school until his senior year. I had never even heard of the "Gateway Conference". I don't think you understand the rules of the game and are just bitter that you couldn't think of one yourself.

Gotcha.  So, being the best player in a small conference means you've had a bad career.

I learn new stuff here on JN every single day.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

If we take a QB at 6, I think it's 50/50 Hackenberg even makes the roster next season. The day he gets cut is going to be one of the greatest days in JN history.

Truth is they could cut him and nobody would know. They just need a body double to stand around practice and the games smiling a clueless grin. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

If we take a QB at 6, I think it's 50/50 Hackenberg even makes the roster next season. The day he gets cut is going to be one of the greatest days in JN history.

True,  but if they cut him and a different young QB emerges as a franchise QB most won't care. If we cut him and start Brian Hoyer the server won't be able to handle the reaction. 

4 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Whoa... YOU started the stats thing.  I am an eyeball test guy. Hence my continued criticism of Pryor last season when others erroneously thought he was playing well.

No. His completion % is mentioned dozen of times in this thread. I didn't direct those stats just to you. "for all those..."

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

No. His completion % is mentioned dozen of times in this thread. I didn't direct those stats just to you. "for all those..."

For the record Eli's completion percentage was over 60% for his college career.  

Tge issue with completion percentage is that it's damn near impossible to improve in the NFL.  Since Hack's completion % at PSU was so bad, even if he completed the same amount in the NFL, he wouldn't and couldn't start.

I get that people want to have faith in the organization.  Faith in the FO.  Faith in the long shots that they draft.  But none have done anything in recent memory to warrant any of it. How many rookie QBs played this year?  We were desperate at the position.  Probably the worst situation in the NFL at QB and the guy couldn't even dress for a game until there was no one left.

I have zero faith that Hack will finish his contract with the Jets.  Only question is does he get cut this August or when the new FO and HC take over after next season.

7 hours ago, C Mart said:

Eli Rookie Yr 

Preseason Game 3

4-14  20 yards 0 TDs 2 INTS

Preseason Game 4

4-7  99 yards 0 TDs 0 INTS

Having flashbacks of all of the "Sanchez has the same numbers as Eli through 3 years" threads .. we know how that went . Hack will most likely not be Eli 

• Thumb Down 1

This debate is ABSOLUTELY USELESS until the kid sees the field. 

Same was had for Petty until we FINALLY saw him out there; some of the chatter died down a bit and hopes were better tempered. Like all young QBs: Some Good, some Bad, and some REALLY REALLY BAD. 

I think Hack will pan out fine and the $hit show of crow eating here should be GLORIOUSLY entertaining. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Lray said:

You understand the word career?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

9 hours ago, gEYno said:

Apparently no better than you understand the term "best player"

14 hours ago, RoadFan said:

Please try directly answering my challenge.  I will rephrase; Find a successful NFL QB that was mostly poor in college.

11 hours ago, Lray said:

Oh man this was hard to track down but Kurt Warner didn't start till he was a senior in division I-AA. He did win conference player of the year but only had a completion rate of 57%.

I win.

Screen Shot 2017-01-16 at 21.10.43.png

Understand now @gEYno? Probably not... Maybe you could show this to your Mom and Dad and they could explain it for you? Good luck.

13 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Same was had for Petty until we FINALLY saw him out there; some of the chatter died down a bit and hopes were better tempered. Like all young QBs: Some Good, some Bad, and some REALLY REALLY BAD. 

I think Hack will pan out fine and the $hit show of crow eating here should be GLORIOUSLY entertaining. 

I will have no trouble eating crow on this one but of many of my loud mouth opinions in players I am more confident than most that this guy is a total bust.

I'll be equally happy to hear all of the people who think he is going to be good nut up for their punishment.

• Upvote 1

If you're a 21 yr old QB coming off a rookie season where you saw no meaningful playing time and anonymous coaches and teammates take shots at your abilities in the media, Kurt Warner is not a good career model.

If you've washed out of the NFL, are in your early 30s, are bagging groceries and your wife has a mullet, then you say, "Look, I can end up like Kurt Warner!"

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I'm with you. Should start this season about week 6-7.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I will have no trouble eating crow on this one but of many of my loud mouth opinions in players I am more confident than most that this guy is a total bust.

I'll be equally happy to hear all of the people who think he is going to be good nut up for their punishment.

From what I've been reading, most are saying let's wait a couple of years before passing judgment unlike those that are saying flat out he is a bust because he hasn't seen the field.

yawn.....

8 minutes ago, C Mart said:

From what I've been reading, most are saying let's wait a couple of years before passing judgment unlike those that are saying flat out he is a bust because he hasn't seen the field.

yawn.....

Yes, all of the gutless people say that, you know the ones that want to never admit they were wrong or every make a judgement on anything that they can be taken to task for.

17 minutes ago, C Mart said:

yawn.....

You're wasting your time . Some around here act as thou their opinion carries weight with the Jets decision making and if you don't agree, you're clueless .  This should be about what we would do and what we should want to see happen . It's supposed to be fun, not personal .  

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Yes, all of the gutless people say that, you know the ones that want to never admit they were wrong or every make a judgement on anything that they can be taken to task for.

So now people are gutless just because they think rationally...good grief.

So let's just say every player, coach, scout is going to suck and call it a day...I mean based on numbers / history we'll be right. woo hoo

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

You're wasting your time . Some around here act as thou their opinion carries weight with the Jets decision making and if you don't agree, you're clueless .  This should be about what we would do and what we should want to see happen . It's supposed to be fun, not personal .  

Why are you constantly cupping @C Mart's nuts? He's a good poster, he can handle himself. 

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

So now people are gutless just because they think rationally...good grief.

So let's just say every player, coach, scout is going to suck and call it a day...I mean based on numbers / history we'll be right. woo hoo

No, they are gutless because they are saying things like 'lets give him 3 years and then we can make a judgement on him'.  When the New York Jets had to make a judgement on the player on the day he was drafted.  We could all say, hey, lets give Gholston 5 years to see what he can do and then we can judge him.......5 year later 15,000 people on this forum all saying unison 'he stinks!'

3 years from now all of the people who said 'lets give him 3 years to judge him!' can conveniently say, oh well he did;'t turn out.  ho hum.

I would assume you have some opinion on the player do  you not?  Or do you have no opinions on any players until you know for sure one way or the  other?  You are never wrong that way, but you are also never right.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

21 hours ago, dbatesman said:

I agree. If there's enough conviction in a guy to take him at 6 overall it's obvious keeping a useless project on the main roster who isn't in the long term plans is a complete waste.

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No, they are gutless because they are saying things like 'lets give him 3 years and then we can make a judgement on him'.  When the New York Jets had to make a judgement on the player on the day he was drafted.  We could all say, hey, lets give Gholston 5 years to see what he can do and then we can judge him.......5 year later 15,000 people on this forum all saying unison 'he stinks!'

3 years from now all of the people who said 'lets give him 3 years to judge him!' can conveniently say, oh well he did;'t turn out.  ho hum.

I would assume you have some opinion on the player do  you not?  Or do you have no opinions on any players until you know for sure one way or the  other?  You are never wrong that way, but you are also never right.

I'm never right about anything..

And so what if he doesn't turn out - odds are he won't..The draft is a crapshoot..Hell, look at the top 10 picks over the past 10 yrs. I'd guess 50% wash out...

28 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I agree. If there's enough conviction in a guy to take him at 6 overall it's obvious keeping a useless project on the main roster who isn't in the long term plans is a complete waste.

What a joke of a SOJF. Give Hack at least a single NFL snap before labelling him useless. I understand we don't have forever. But you can't judge a kid before he even plays. Ridiculous.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

What a joke of a SOJF. Give Hack at least a single NFL snap before labelling him useless. I understand we don't have forever. But you can't judge a kid before he even plays. Ridiculous.

I swear Hackenberg must have stolen the milk money from a lot of JN posters..The hate for the guy is alarming.  There must be more to the hate? Is it a PSU/Sandusky residual thing?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

yawn.....

Thanks for the summary.  Saved me from reading 32 pages.