Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The only QB on that list that O'Brien and his coaching staff wanted was Hoyer and he had a respectable season as the Texans starter (until that playoff game of course).  The other two were pushed on them by the GM.  Rick Smith and that CS have a massive disconnect.

Please show the quotes or links for this because I've seen this 1000 times and ever seen one shred of credible evidence to support it.  No Gm is going to force a Qb on a QB offensive coach that hates the guy.  I simply don;t believe it.

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Please show the quotes or links for this because I've seen this 1000 times and ever seen one shred of credible evidence to support it.  No Gm is going to force a Qb on a QB offensive coach that hates the guy.  I simply don;t believe it.

Don't you just find it just a bit ironic that the "O'Brien will be fired" stuff started as soon as He saw the season slipping away and benched Osweiller?

13 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

because reasons?

Here is a picture of the coaching staff gathered around Hackenberg adjusting his mechanics:

ranked_104_90ssitcoms_v2_245963_560x315_

Because other than to make Jet jokes you wouldn't recognize Hackenberg if he were sitting next to you.  

And nothing written is even funny. 

But logically from a football standpoint?  He didn't train to start or play. Fitz was the starter, Geno the backup and Petty the desperation QB.  It wasn't that Hack sucked, it was he wasn't playing any way you slice, no matter how desperately you try and make it significant.  That was the plan and they stuck to it.  Not to open the door to goofy pictures

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Your humor leaves an awful lot to be desired. This is actually about all you do when you post.

I'll give you a chance to show your faith. If Hackenberg wins a game during the regular season, I'll stop posting. If he doesn't, You will. Let see how strong your faith in him is...

• Thumb Down 2

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

"Texans coach Bill O'Brien and starting quarterback Brock Osweiler had a heated exchange after a quarterbacks meeting this week, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, with pressure mounting on that offense to make strides. Osweiler has struggled early on after signing a new contract worth nearly $40 million guaranteed this offseason, and his play Sunday at Minnesota was particularly troubling.

According to the source, Osweiler objected to some play-calling decisions during a routine meeting reviewing the Week 5 loss -- O'Brien took over play-calling duties a few weeks into the season -- and he and the head coach subsequently had a loud charged interaction after that meeting that did not go unnoticed by others.

Numerous league sources have maintained that the impetus to sign Osweiler to a hefty free-agent contract after a brief stint as a starter in Denver began at the ownership/management level, a signing that ratcheted up expectations for the Texans and their offense after a blowout playoff loss last season. The Texans have scored just 75 points on offense this season -- second-worst in the NFL -- and Osweiler enters Week 6 with a woeful quarterback rating of 70.6, 31st in the NFL."

This is from a CBS sports sports article. I couldn't link the whole thing on mobile for some reason.  There's another article out there where they discuss how Osweiler was signed without O'Brien even speaking to him or working him out.  There's another article from mid-season that talks more about tensions between him and Brock being extremely high.

There was also talk around draft time that O'Brien had mentioned after the signing that he thought the original plan was to draft one of Wentz, Hackenberg, or Cook and using their money (spent on Osweiler) elsewhere and that is ultimately what HE wanted to do.  Now we have rumblings that his relationship with Rick Smith is so bad that he almost left.

If you don't want to believe that there isn't a serious disconnect there, then idk what to tell you man.  We've seen GMs force players on coaches plenty of times in the past.  Hell, it happened to us.  Vince Young and Jeff Fisher, Mangini and Favre, not a QB but Haynesworth and Shanny comes to mind too.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

"Texans coach Bill O'Brien and starting quarterback Brock Osweiler had a heated exchange after a quarterbacks meeting this week, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, with pressure mounting on that offense to make strides. Osweiler has struggled early on after signing a new contract worth nearly $40 million guaranteed this offseason, and his play Sunday at Minnesota was particularly troubling.

According to the source, Osweiler objected to some play-calling decisions during a routine meeting reviewing the Week 5 loss -- O'Brien took over play-calling duties a few weeks into the season -- and he and the head coach subsequently had a loud charged interaction after that meeting that did not go unnoticed by others.

Numerous league sources have maintained that the impetus to sign Osweiler to a hefty free-agent contract after a brief stint as a starter in Denver began at the ownership/management level, a signing that ratcheted up expectations for the Texans and their offense after a blowout playoff loss last season. The Texans have scored just 75 points on offense this season -- second-worst in the NFL -- and Osweiler enters Week 6 with a woeful quarterback rating of 70.6, 31st in the NFL."

This is from a CBS sports sports article. I couldn't link the whole thing on mobile for some reason.  There's another article out there where they discuss how Osweiler was signed without O'Brien even speaking to him or working him out.  There's another article from mid-season that talks more about tensions between him and Brock being extremely high.

There was also talk around draft time that O'Brien had mentioned after the signing that he thought the original plan was to draft one of Wentz, Hackenberg, or Cook and using their money (spent on Osweiler) elsewhere and that is ultimately what HE wanted to do.  Now we have rumblings that his relationship with Rick Smith is so bad that he almost left.

If you don't want to believe that there isn't a serious disconnect there, then idk what to tell you man.

Nice post. As I said earlier in this thread, it's more than coincidental that the stories of O'Brien being fired after the season started when Osweiller got benched. If that's not management protecting a player that was shoved down a coaches throat, then I don't know what it is.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, jeremy2020 said:

I'll give you a chance to show your faith. If Hackenberg wins a game during the regular season, I'll stop posting. If he doesn't, You will. Let see how strong your faith in him is...

Who really cares if you leave and stop posting this nonsense? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Who really cares if you leave and stop posting this nonsense? 

The guy is annoying. He gives no real value in his posts. Just one liners hoping to get positive rep and a few laughs. He's like the new kid in school that wants to be like Tom Shane. I actually think JoeWilly12 contributes more. No relevent articles..no knowledgeable insight..just full house references lol.

• Upvote 2

Not sure if this was posted yet, but walterfootball generally hates every Jets player and finds reasons to bash them:

"I've been slotting Mitch Trubisky here for a while now, citing some news story that the Jets had interest in him. Charlie Campbell squashed those reports in his Senior Bowl Rumor Mill. The scuttlebutt is that Christian Hackenberg has developed well behind the scenes, so perhaps the Jets won't give up on him without seeing him play after all. "

Personally, I want to believe this story, but I've learned to believe nothing that comes out this time of year. Teams may leak reports like this to hide their desire to draft a QB. But I watched Hack in college (every game as a PSU fan) and I was baffled at all the negative reports. The kid has heart, intelligence and ability, so I was surprised to hear reports all year that he wasn't developing. We'll learn  how true this report is after the draft. Because if we don't take a QB in the first 4 rounds then the staff may be higher on Hack then the NY media was reporting. 

All the knuckleheads in this forum bashing Hack are bashing solely on their SOJF mentality and the media reports. None have seen Hack during practice to truly know if he has developed. And just because he didn't play late in the season means nothing since that was the plan from day 1. So not sure why that shocked some of you. 

There are 5 super talented QBs that can go in the top 3 rounds (all are boom/bust type guys). So if our Front office hates Petty and Hack, then we will likely take a stab at one of the prospects in the first 3 rounds. If the staff believes in Hack then we will likely pass on all of those guys unless one drops to later in the draft. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/26/2017 at 6:22 AM, #27TheDominator said:

Taking time with Hackenberg is fine.  My criticism isn't with Hackenberg or the pick, it is with the idea that he could possible have shown any reason to design an offense around him.  I am criticizing the idea that this staff hired a spread OC, drafted Hackenberg with the idea of sitting him for a year and then switching to a Pats/O'Brien-style offense designed around Hackenberg's strengths.  That idea is so preposterous I can't even begin to dissect the number of never happened befores that would have occur before it would work. 

Isn't that the same crap Hack went through at Penn State? Went fro success with O'Brien to total abject failure under Franklin. Maybe it will reverse this time after sucking in preseason, making a huge leap under Morton. Yeah right.

Tired of people hating on hackenberg. Sometimes the masses are wrong. I watched the crowd chant for Justin miller and jace amaro at the draft. I also remember the infamous jets insider narrative that bradway better not draft that bust Chris gamble in the first round. The happiness of landing john McGraw or Derrick straight in the 3rd. Yes sometimes we're all right but sometimes we're all wrong. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

Tired of people hating on hackenberg. Sometimes the masses are wrong. I watched the crowd chant for Justin miller and jace amaro at the draft. I also remember the infamous jets insider narrative that bradway better not draft that bust Chris gamble in the first round. The happiness of landing john McGraw or Derrick straight in the 3rd. Yes sometimes we're all right but sometimes we're all wrong. 

Hack is a great all we have to do teach him how to throw and read a defense

14 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

I'll give you he throwing mechanics but the idea that college qbs come into the nfl knowing how to read a pro defense is just false. 

Well Dak Prescott can read defenses while this pos Hack throws pick 6's in practice to practice squad losers

Hack should be cut

• Thumb Down 3

18 minutes ago, thadude said:

Well Dak Prescott can read defenses while this pos Hack throws pick 6's in practice to practice squad losers

Hack should be cut

Absolutely no one saw dak Prescott coming. That's why he was a 4th round pick. The fact that he ended up being a natural doesn't change the fact that college qbs need to learn to read nfl defenses. They got lucky. He didn't know how to do it before he got there. 

Ad a matter of fact dak is a great example of why we can't judge guys before they get a chance. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

Absolutely no one saw dak Prescott coming. That's why he was a 4th round pick. The fact that he ended up being a natural doesn't change the fact that college qbs need to learn to read nfl defenses. They got lucky. He didn't know how to do it before he got there. 

Ad a matter of fact dak is a great example of why we can't judge guys before they get a chance. 

Great point, but you are wasting your breath here. The multitude of NFL scouts who quit their day jobs to post here have already determined otherwise.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

It's your job as a gm and talent elevator to be right on key issues like QBs.  If others are right and you are not right about QBs you are out of a job after a few years.

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

It's your job as a gm and talent elevator to be right on key issues like QBs.  If others are right and you are not right about QBs you are out of a job after a few years.

I have no argument with that. I just  want hackenberg to be judged on what he does instead of what people's preconceived notion of him is but first he needs to get a chance.   It's not his fault mccagnan picked him so the fact that he's getting the wrath of the fans sucks. I understand what it's like when the fm makes a decision you hate but at the end of the day he wears a jets logo so can we hope for the best?  That's what I'm going to do. I hoped for lynch. But here we are. I've let it go. 

33 minutes ago, Persiussa said:

I have no argument with that. I just  want hackenberg to be judged on what he does instead of what people's preconceived notion of him is but first he needs to get a chance.   It's not his fault mccagnan picked him so the fact that he's getting the wrath of the fans sucks. I understand what it's like when the fm makes a decision you hate but at the end of the day he wears a jets logo so can we hope for the best?  That's what I'm going to do. I hoped for lynch. But here we are. I've let it go. 

You are for sure correct about the player getting the flack that the gm deserves and I am more guilty than most in making fun of some of our picks.  I don't hate hackenburg as a person at all, he' probably a swell guy. 

If Morton brings the same Saints offense that Payton runs, I can't see Hackenberg succeeding. A lot of that offense is based off of short and intermediate underneath routes, before opening up for the deep throws. 

But without completing those short ones, the deep ball threat is nullified. Hackenbergs weakness are these short and underneath quick timing throws. His strenghs are suited to the BB/O'Brien system, which is why I thought we were going to hire Godsey.

Petty has a better shot to flourish in this system than Hack does. Jury is still out, I hope for the best with Hackenberg because he really has all the tools, but don't know if he'll be able to put it together.

Also, mabe Morton doesn't even bring that same exact system as Nola. Just food for thought.