Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

10 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

We took the kid gave him different coaches each year gave him no chances to learn by keeping him on the bench even after the season is lost. In the preseason we forced him to hand 90 percent of the balls off or let him throw short passes even though the guy has a huge arm. Then we cut him. Yea he sucked in the aaf too but I would assume the aaf is not known for their ability to develop young broken quarterbacks. I am not saying the kid was ever or would ever or could ever be good all I am saying is we did not give him a fair chance to prove that he belonged or did not.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

He also got contracts from two additional teams who determined he wasn’t worth a practice squad spot.

What is a fair chance for a quarterback that couldn’t play catch?

• Upvote 3

Whether the Texans made the right decision in giving Osweiller the big contract is not the point.  Don't try to deflect the fact that your point was about the significance of O'brien passing on Hackenberg.  Fact is, the Texans made a significant investment and commitment to Osweiler as their guy.   And going with a WR (Fuller) rather than making a sentimental pick of a back up QB makes perfect sense.  You really are a total phucktard.  I gave you way too much credit in suggesting you rub two brain cells together.

Damn, looking back really shows that maybe you had the trouble rubbing 2 brain cells together, CrazyCarl had it nailed, you guys arguing and getting nasty look like complete idiots. Jus sayin

What does this have to do with O'Brien passing on Hackenberg -- your original point, in case you do not remember?  You are a mixed up mess with your thought process, which explains a lot.  Now go get your friggin' shine box.

Another embarassing one, Il Mostro had many. Scarlet H for u

58 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

They just picked O lineman in the first and 2nd rounds. Hell would freeze over before mac would use a first and a second on the OL.. you would never hear about him “ protecting Sam “ either ?

DD66F740-E9E2-43E5-9589-B0158DE00EF7.png

Again? You mean more olinemen to replace the mistakes they just drafted? 

I hear the Texans are looking for fans. 

It’s tough to give Macc a mulligan for Hack because he was such a bad pick. Of course we know it now more so than we did back then. We don’t know for sure if another team would have drafted him in a lower round. Based on what we heard no this was a Macc decision and project and he wouldn’t have gone before the 4th or 5th round but we don’t really know. You do have to give the team credit for not putting him on the field and no snaps in the few years he was here. Plus they did trade him (no compensation because the Raiders cut him). 

6 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Again? You mean more olinemen to replace the mistakes they just drafted? 

I hear the Texans are looking for fans. 

Ohh picking offensive lineman in the first 2 rounds is a mistake ? For a team that just won their division, maybe they should follow macs prominent draft record ? 

I hope you bought a new pair of knee pads before your next lunch meeting with Mac, I’m sure you worn yours out ?

4 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Damn I'd love to be able to make fun of you for this post but I was a Hack believer too.  In retrospect I still don't begrudge Macc for this pick.  QB is the most important position so I think the GM should make bold moves like this one and hope for the best.  

I wasn’t a Hackenberg believer, I don’t watch a down of college football so I don’t know anything about any of these kids.

I thought that it would be a very Jetsy thing to have happen, to take the wrong quarterback in the wrong spot and it turns out to be genius. Only it was very Jetsy in the traditional sense where it’s just a lousy pick. 

SAR I

The Hackenberg choice was just one pick, but probably the thing that makes it so much worse was the fact that we kept Petty as insurance in case he didn't work out.  So for three years we purposely went with journeyman spot starter/backups who we knew from the start had no chance to bring us anywhere while waiting for some combination of Hackenberg and Petty to rise up and lead us to glory.

That was traumatizing.

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

I do think he would have been better than Bryce Petty. Petty had the worst pocket presence I ever saw. Hack never had a chance to show much. Hack's biggest problem was his attitude, uppity spoiled brat, know it all, that rubbed coaches wrong.

• Thumb Down 3

27 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I do find it hilarious that the guy who started a thread about not anointing Darnold as a franchise QB started this thread.  Omfg, too hilarious.  This literally sums up 75% of the posters here. 

Well, I think he had the tools. I was wrong. Still wish we could've seen him reunited with O'Brien.

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

I do think he would have been better than Bryce Petty. Petty had the worst pocket presence I ever saw. Hack never had a chance to show much. Hack's biggest problem was his attitude, uppity spoiled brat, know it all, that rubbed coaches wrong.

Which coach has ever said this, seriously.  I wouldnt doubt it but have never read this

36 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Well, I think he had the tools. I was wrong. Still wish we could've seen him reunited with O'Brien.

He was with the Jets, Raiders, Eagles and Bengals. 

Failed with 4 NFL teams

Worse he was benched by Memphis in the AFF, where he had a 51.6 comp%, 4.5 per att, 0 TDs, 3 INTs and a QB rating of 43.6.  Thats hideous.  

I could see failing in the NFL, happens all the time but Hacks NFL career is head scratching bad

• Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

He was with the Jets, Raiders, Eagles and Bengals. 

Failed with 4 NFL teams

Worse he was benched by Memphis in the AFF, where he had a 51.6 comp%, 4.5 per att, 0 TDs, 3 INTs and a QB rating of 43.6.  Thats hideous.  

I could see failing in the NFL, happens all the time but Hacks NFL career is head scratching bad

Didn't mean to revitalize his career. I meant from the start. Perhaps, if he was behind a competent OL, and had a few weapons, he could have rediscovered what everyone saw his freshman season. Not that it matters, though. He started here and failed.

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

Are you kidding me?  The dude went and played in the AAF.  He still couldn't hit the ocean.  

Final stat-line:  51.6 % completions, 0 TD's (1 rushing), 3 INTs, 2 fumbles.

Dude sucks, always sucked, and always was going to suck.  If you can't complete 60 % of your throws against Indiana or AAF corners, you were never going to be a pro QB at any level.  

• Upvote 2