Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I stand by that he was worth a swing without hindsight.

Many here with foresight knew it was a failure of a pick the moment it happened.  If you can't complete throws at a decent % in college, against the likes of Indiana, you're not going to suddenly do it against the pros.

Geno Smith was worth a swing.  Christian Hackenberg was not.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Didn't mean to revitalize his career. I meant from the start. Perhaps, if he was behind a competent OL, and had a few weapons, he could have rediscovered what everyone saw his freshman season. Not that it matters, though. He started here and failed.

He never got out of training camp and into a game for 3 years.  Couldn't make it through camp with the Raiders or The Eagles either.  

All QBs in camp have the same weapons, OL and tools at their disposal yet he couldn't stick anywhere.  Its not he OL or WRs fault.

Unfortunately he just sucked.  Happens and doenst have to be anyone but the players fault 

• Upvote 1

The worst draft pick in the history of the NFL.

Never seen a player taken so high that stood less of a chance of success. Or anything even close. He wasn’t good enough for the Arena League, Canada League, Justice League, any f*cking league. 2nd round pick. I nearly cried.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Which coach has ever said this, seriously.  I wouldnt doubt it but have never read this

Just my own assumptions. The Jets were as sh*tty as ever with Petty at the helm. Hack probably wouldn't have been any worse. Petty never won a game outside of preseason.

33 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I stand by that he was worth a swing without hindsight.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

In the 6th round, sure.

Just think, if we had taken Kevin Byard there, we wouldn't have needed to draft a safety at 6 the following year, opening us up to take Patrick Mahommes, and save a 1st, and 3 2nds.

So, basically, Hackenberg is the reason we suck.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

In the 6th round, sure.

Just think, if we had taken Kevin Byard there, we wouldn't have needed to draft a safety at 6 the following year, opening us up to take Patrick Mahommes, and save a 1st, and 3 2nds.

MaccanBerg is the reason we suck. 

6 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Mac also took Hackenberg over Yannick Ngakoue and Dak Prescott.

That way of thinking is flawed. You could use that same logic to say, "oh, the dumbass Pats passed on Brady five times!"

Hindsight is 20/20. 

28 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Just my own assumptions. The Jets were as sh*tty as ever with Petty at the helm. Hack probably wouldn't have been any worse. Petty never won a game outside of preseason.

Didnt Petty beat Shanahan and the 49rs? 

How do you assume that Hack's biggest problem was his attitude, uppity spoiled brat, know it all, especially that he rubbed coaches wrong?  As I said it could be but that could be with any player we're discussing here

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How do you assume that Hack's biggest problem was his attitude, uppity spoiled brat, know it all, especially that he rubbed coaches wrong?  As I said it could be but that could be with any player we're discussing here

Oh yeah, he did squeak out a win by like 2 points. I remember it was like pulling teeth watching him play QB. Hack's attitude has been in question dating back to Penn State and James Franklin. I remember him in the AAFL being mic'd up and cussing out his wr to the point of embarrassment. Just validated it for me seeing that. It all added up.

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

The niners sucked a giant moose c0ck the year Petty won that meaningless game that they were already in tank mode for

I never heard anything about Hack being a bad kid he just sucked at football 

4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The niners sucked a giant moose c0ck the year Petty won that meaningless game that they were already in tank mode for

I never heard anything about Hack being a bad kid he just sucked at football 

And that has absolutely nothing to do with me being right that Petty beat them 

I agree with Hack, its always dangerous when people make comments about someone based on the way their face looks to them and they can read his attitude or just know hes an "uppity spoiled brat, know it all". 

9 hours ago, TNJet said:

I do think he would have been better than Bryce Petty. Petty had the worst pocket presence I ever saw. Hack never had a chance to show much. Hack's biggest problem was his attitude, uppity spoiled brat, know it all, that rubbed coaches wrong.

You know.... I really thought after Sam started his first pre-season game I would never have to read this thread again and well.. here we are, in came an email notification and I thought I was hallucinating. 

I mean we're seriously talking about Bryce Petty and Hack when Sam Darnold is on our roster... maybe we really don't deserve Sam after all..  

• Haha 1

In the 6th round, sure.
When you don't have a qb you need to take a chance on any qb who has a decent ceiling. Hackenberg had a decent ceiling. Drafting hackenberg did not mean we couldn't draft mahomes or Watkins or any other qb. Trading up for darnold may still prove to be a worthwhile investment regardless of how good other player we could have drafted turn out.

10 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

When you don't have a qb you need to take a chance on any qb who has a decent ceiling. Hackenberg had a decent ceiling. Drafting hackenberg did not mean we couldn't draft mahomes or Watkins or any other qb. Trading up for darnold may still prove to be a worthwhile investment regardless of how good other player we could have drafted turn out.

For all intents and purposes, it absolutely did.  The only way the Jets could have drafted a QB the next year was if Mr Coffee was fired before the next draft. His drafting was already sub par. He was not moving off Hack. No way, no sir.

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...