Hackenberg is in the HOUSE!!!

3 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

You should take it as a compliment.  As I said the other day, I view it as a badge of honor.  Great, great bit by skep.

1. Skeptable
  2. Skeptable
  3. Skeptable
  4. Skeptable
  5. Skeptable
  6. playtowinthegame
  7. Skeptable
  8. munchmemory
  9. munchmemory
  10. Skeptable
  11. Skeptable
  12. Skeptable
  13. Skeptable
  14. Skeptable
  15. The Crusher
  16. playtowinthegame
  17. Skeptable
  18. Skeptable
  19. Skeptable
  20. Skeptable
  21. Skeptable
  22. Skeptable
  23. Skeptable
  24. Skeptable
  25. Skeptable
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I was pro Hack, but only because I give every player we draft a chance before turning. 

Still wish he got a regular season snap so I could get proper closure.  

No kidding. It really is a tragedy that we didn't even get the release of seeing a total incompetent throwing balls into the stands during an NFL game. I mean damn, we were already a laughing stock for drafting him but we didn't even get the opportunity to laugh ourselves.

Bowles said afterward that he never put Hack in the game (despite him dressing as the #2 a couple games that turned into routs) because he was concerned that Hackenberg "wouldn't be able to protect himself."

The world deserved to see that play out. We now can only lament the memes we will never experience.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

No kidding. It really is a tragedy that we didn't even get the release of seeing a total incompetent throwing balls into the stands during an NFL game. I mean damn, we were already a laughing stock for drafting him but we didn't even get the opportunity to laugh ourselves.

Bowles said afterward that he never put Hack in the game (despite him dressing as the #2 a couple games that turned into routs) because he was concerned that Hackenberg "wouldn't be able to protect himself."

The world deserved to see that play out.

The aptly-named Hack would have easily looked more ridiculous than Darnold in his "seeing ghosts" game.   And would have probably self-sacked himself a couple of times to boot.

• Upvote 2

On 4/29/2016 at 5:50 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

Potential good omen here: Literally the same exact moment that the Jets drafted him, Yoenis Cespedes hit a grand slam which set a new Mets franchise record for most runs in an inning. No lie. Literally happened simultaneously. The pick popped up on my screen as the ball landed in left.

Well that all turned out great 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I told them not to because you clearly have issues and we should be sensitive.  Mental heath is real. 

You're welcome.

Oddly this is true. Not that any banning was going to happen but JiF did pm me asking me not to in case it was going to happen, obviously it wasn’t.,That’s a first for me, usually I get whiney “ ban him Crusher, my feelings and stuff,” lot of times by the person who started it. But first time I got a pm saying,” Don’t ban skeptable, I’m just flirting.” I would like the personal attacks and Dick measuring using neg reps to stop in case anyone was wondering. 

g. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Since we never got to see it, I have to satisfy my curiosity by imaging it in my head.

Jets down 2 deep in the 4th. On the opponent's 45 yard line.

15 seconds remain. Jets have time to run one more play to get into FG range.

FITZ

writhes in the grass clutching his hammy. His day is done.

HACK

trots onto the field. Lines up behind center. Cool. Confident. A man of destiny meeting his hero moment.

He takes the snap -- drops back.

A WIDE OPEN MAN

streaks 15 yards down the middle of the field!

HACK

winds up -- releases. His face, steely determination.

THE BALL

sails 40 feet over the receiver's head and

through the uprights.

HACK

raises his arms in triumph. Runs off the field holding up a finger ala Joe Willy's "we're number 1" gesture.

Other players, coaches, fans, referees -- all frozen. Silence.

FIVE SECONDS LATER

Spontaneous, uncontrolled laughter from all. Legend has it that if you visit MetLife each year at the exact moment the 51st pick of the draft is being announced, you can still hear it. Wafting and circling throughout the tunnels and stands of the empty aluminum eye sore...

giphy.gif

BGX9OJ_AULCR4PlIz54ophGODHxVbU5E7tfdcOw2

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, jgb said:

Since we never got to see it, I have to satisfy my curiosity by imaging it in my head.

Jets have time to run one more play to get into FG range and go for the game winner.

FITZ

HACK

trots onto the field. Lines up behind center. Cool. Confident. A man of destiny meeting his hero moment.

A WIDE OPEN MAN

HACK

THE BALL

through the uprights.

HACK

raises his arms in triumph. Runs off the field holding up a finger ala Joe Willy's "we're number 1" gesture.

Other players, coaches, fans, referees -- all frozen. Stunned silence.

FIVE SECONDS LATER

Spontaneous, uncontrolled laughter from all. Legend has it that if you visit MetLife each year at the exact moment the 51st pick of the draft is being announced, you can still hear it. Wafting and circling throughout the tunnels and stands of the empty aluminum eye sore...

That is a classic.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

On 5/1/2016 at 7:45 PM, Jet Nut said:

From your posts, from you constant idiotic unsubstantiated remarks about Hackenbergs mental issues, the last thing you should do is talk about knowing the game.  I said 3rd down.  Only someone who doesn't know the game expects a QB on say 3rd and 8 to throw it away instead of trying to make a play. Never mind that you refuse to realize he ran the pats offense to a tee as a freshman and he was the next big thing, can't miss pro prospect.  That his struggles came when he was asked to run a gimmick spread offense which he was ill suited to run.   But you feel the need to rip your teams pick, even while you have no clue.  

There is just something so refreshing about waking up and reading a bumped thread.  

laughing.jpg

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Jets have time to run one more play to get into FG range and go for the game winner.

FITZ

HACK

A WIDE OPEN MAN

HACK

THE BALL

through the uprights.

HACK

Other players, coaches, fans, referees -- all frozen. Stunned silence.

FIVE SECONDS LATER

How I Met Your Mother Reaction GIF by Laff

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Oddly this is true. Not that any banning was going to happen but JiF did pm me asking me not to in case it was going to happen, obviously it wasn’t.,That’s a first for me, usually I get whiney “ ban him Crusher, my feelings and stuff,” lot of times by the person who started it. But first time I got a pm saying,” Don’t ban skeptable, I’m just flirting.” I would like the personal attacks and Dick measuring using neg reps to stop in case anyone was wondering. 

g. 

How you like that 2 incher?!?!?!?!