ProFootballFocus slaughters Christian Hackenberg: rates him as UNDRAFTABLE

predator_05

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Jamarcus Russell was black tho? 

Congrats, you named the 1 anomaly. And the media will never let us live it down. Which has led to better QBs like Cam Newton?Jameis Winston, and even Cardale Jones having to suffer

Again the tape has so many inconsistencies - you see flashes - but AGAIN - maybe if i say it in russian or chinese you it will compute or maybe CAPS - TERRIBLE OFFENSIVE LINE/VERY VERY AVERAGE WRs  AT BEST - CALLING THE RECEIVING TALENT AROUND HIM MEDIOCRE IS BEING KIND... NO QB IS DOING AMAZING GETTING HIT THAT MANY TIMES.

Maybe it was a good pick. People are already making excuses for him. Sounds pretty Jetty!

13 minutes ago, King P said:

=

1 minute ago, King P said:

Congrats, you named the 1 anomaly. And the media will never let us live it down. Which has led to better QBs like Cam Newton and Jameis Winston having to suffer

We don't know if it's a good pick - but to judge him directly off the tape i feel is unfair... Geno had a top caliber offense around him - this guy didn't have anything. I do think we reached - i had him as a 3rd round grade... but Mac really liked him - hence us not taking Lynch in the first. He shouldn't start right away, ride bench for a yr, maybe 2... He has it all tho... he has to work on not holding onto the ball so long at times, and need to not be erratic with certain throws. That's not to completely erase his strengths though. The guy throws darts - accurate ones, short and down the field - when given time. He's very mobile in the pocket, good at throwing on the run. He is also big, tough, has a good arm - everything you look for in an NFL QB. 

With the jets - he needs to not get destroyed, and get into a good rhythm, get that confidence going... he's been getting demolished behind that penn state line for the past 2 seasons, never missed a game though. 

8 minutes ago, King P said:

Congrats, you named the 1 anomaly. And the media will never let us live it down. Which has led to better QBs like Cam Newton and Jameis Winston having to suffer

Geno Smith 

Not many black QBs to choose from really. What's up with the race thing with you? You feeling salty about something - want to share your secret feelings with all of us? There was no reason to bring race into that comment - very ignorant statement. 

5 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Geno Smith 

Not many black QBs to choose from really. What's up with the race thing with you? You feeling salty about something - want to share your secret feelings with all of us? There was no reason to bring race into that comment - very ignorant statement. 

Of course you would say that.

Not salty, I'm just pointing out the double standards that are obvious to many of us. If you don't see it or want to act like you don't, then that's on you

31 minutes ago, King P said:

Congrats, you named the 1 anomaly. And the media will never let us live it down. Which has led to better QBs like Cam Newton?Jameis Winston, and even Cardale Jones having to suffer

Some of the scouting reports on Cardale Jones were straight out of a KKK handbook and by every account patently false. 

4 minutes ago, King P said:

Of course you would say that.

Not salty, I'm just pointing out the double standards that are obvious to many of us. If you don't see it or want to act like you don't, then that's on you

So you don't think bringing up race is ignorant - even when you have no facts to back your statement. Are there both black and white players that get chosen early and bust - YES - therefore your statement is bullsh*t. Don't let the media cloud your judgement and make you feel bad for yourself - because that's exactly what your statement tells me about you. Smh. Dam shame that it's 2016 and we still gotta argue over color like this. You should probably pipe down with that bs. 

I'm just gonna trust Galiey on this one .. I soured on Hackenberg after his freshman year .. But we can't deny he has very nice Skillset and most importantly he is only 21 so he could use a year or 2 of grooming and will stil only be 23.. 

4 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

OK. Geno Imploded in his last stretch of games and sh*t the bed absolutely in a bowl game to finish his career. He then plummeted down draft boards because of his inability to read defenses or make line/protection checks and also because of "character concerns" that arose in the post season. Pre draft process. He then slid out if the first and again imploded into being a total tool who wanted to go home and chill with his boyz, but his momma grabbed him by the ear, bought him a new sweater, and made him stay in New York....  Then he decided to Instagram some cock picks to the world and be a douche to a flight crew and get tossed from a commercial airline flight.

He later imploded by not understanding how time zones work (well he is only 24, how could we possibly expect somebody that young to be responsible....oh, wait. Craap) and being late to a pregame meeting.

And then of course, the ultimate "implosion", the IK heard around the world. And the reaction by his teammates and coaches? Lol. OH well, Genos a Moron....

Is there any more I'm missing? That last Raider game he got to play in was a duzy....running backwards, fleeing the rush, and running outta bounds for a huge loss. Classic Geno highlight right there.....

No, I just think it's interesting that you'd fault Geno for imploding when you're comparing him to a player whose entire college career was an implosion.

6 hours ago, jetsfellow said:

Pretty much with what I watched all along with PSU. Could read defenses and make adjustments at the line. Something Geno could/can never do! Hack has the potentials to be a really good QB

Really?

Because if he had seen those sacks coming against Temple then he really should have taken himself out of the game.

I get that his OL was awful, but that might be one of the worst QB displays I have ever seen.

3 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Again the tape has so many inconsistencies - you see flashes - but AGAIN - maybe if i say it in russian or chinese you it will compute or maybe CAPS - TERRIBLE OFFENSIVE LINE/VERY VERY AVERAGE WRs  AT BEST - CALLING THE RECEIVING TALENT AROUND HIM MEDIOCRE IS BEING KIND... NO QB IS DOING AMAZING GETTING HIT THAT MANY TIMES.

Soooooo no weaponz???

16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Seems you're absolving one for the offense around him, but not the other, without realizing it. 

Can't both be true? Can't both be true yet one prospect is better than another for other reasons? Geno somehow could wind up being awesome somewhere, though I doubt it based on seeing him in the NFL, but those Jet teams weren't all that special offensively, from the coaching to the talent. Yet to my non expert eyes, there were plays that Geno made that were bad in addition. However, since the game isn't in a vacuum for one player, it's possible Geno could have looked a lot better with better players or coaching. Hacks seems to have smarts and there are some very good clips of him, yet there are clips where he looked in complete disarray. Yet it's also hard to ignore that he had crappy teammates (oline) and, after his freshman year, a not good coach, or at the least one that didn't coach to his QB's strengths. 

As usual, messageboard fans are lining up to take sides. Who knows. Clearly there are some guys on here who played, have an advanced knowledge of the game, and are able to dissect tape and form pretty informed opinions, though even then I'd bet they only have a percentage of the knowledge good GM's and scouts have when those guys have to make a pick. 

It's an interesting pick. It's a gamble, which sort of sucks since the Jets didn't have extra picks and have a LOT of needs, but if it works out, it's the sort of gamble that's good to make - the "good player, crappy program" gamble, instead of "stats looked great, not really a great program, maybe he'll develop" gamble. 

4 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

We drafted Hackenberg less than 12 hours ago, and he's already getting the weapinz treatment. This fan base deserves every awful thing that happens to it.

4 hours ago, King P said:

Translation: I have no way of refuting any of the points made in the article, so I'm gonna resort to ad hominem and attack the people making the argument instead

It means I'll trust a guy who actually does this for a living instead of armchair gm's who just speculate for a living. 

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

Doubters, not haters.

He has alot to show us to convince us otherwise.

That is it.  Hopefully he can sit this year and get a chance to learn the game before he HAS to play it.  Best thing that could happen now is Fitz comes back for a year or two at a reasonable rate. Cautiously optimistic is the way I'm playing this.  

10 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Big arm

Played great under bill Obrien

Stayed loyal to psu when given the chance to bail on the program. 

Fell apart in new system with awful supporting cast.

Tons of upside, tons of question marks. Much like lynch who went in 1st round.  Hackenbergcould have put up gaudy numbers in a spread offense also.

exactly

If this was Tanney making the pick, I'd be critical because the guy has never been a good judge of football potential. Let's give Mac the benefit of the doubt since he does has something like a million years of experience as a scout to fall back on. 

Until we find a true long term answer to the QB position, keep on drafting QB's....

11 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

you have to believe (or at least hope is the case) That Mac liked Hack better than Lynch...because if he didn't there is no way you pass on Lynch for Lee....Would be a fireable offense if he like Lynch better...

If that's the case. after all of his research..I'll trust Mac over PFF...

The Jets had them both visit for full days of extended workouts and interviews. They did their due diligence and made a conscious decision to pass on Lynch in favor of Hackeburg.  Maybe they like Hack's football smarts, maybe they don't like that Lynch is as dumb as a garden slug (18 is very low on the wonderasslick test----  absolute moron level folks).  Maybe they like Hack's mechanics better or experience in a pro style offense a couple of years ago under O'Brien.  Bottom line:  they had little faith in Lynch and more faith in Hack.  

Mac's future could live or die with that choice.

If we wanted QB/OLB (namely coverage "money"back type) in the first two rounds, it looks like we could have had Lynch/Cravens without needing to trade.  So Lynch/Cravens vs Lee/Hackenburg.   

13 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

Supporting the molesting of children is a positive?  I understand he was a young man at the time but it shows lack of judgment and horrible ethics.

There's a lot of dumb things being said about the guy but this is beyond stupid. 

11 hours ago, predator_05 said:

I'm guessing Lee was a Bowles pick.

Waiting for the press conference discussing Hackenberg, some pretty predictable questions coming their way...

Also we drafted 2 LBs in 3 picks.  I think the team saw it as a major priority (understandable).  Of course QB is every team's #1 priority but if he Macc sees Lynch and Hack as guys with potential that are hardly a lock to be good then it's no biggie to me to wait for Hack in the 2nd round.  If he saw them as 2 true franchise QBs then I'd say pick the one you like better first.  But again I think these guys were viewed more like lottery tickets ("I hope he works out!") so if it's basically a toss-up then grab the LB that the HC of the NYJ really wants first.

13 hours ago, predator_05 said:

Well, his support cast was D2 level. So he was working with nothing, outside of Allen Robinson. Still such a massive leap of faith to ignore his substandard college production and take him this high.

I'm trying to feel good about this pick, guys, need some crumbs of comfort...we're getting panned for this.

Jets get panned for anything they do.  The predators were just waiting for any pick that was above other rankings and they found it.  And for anyone relying on garbage PFF ratings, ahahahaha.  PFF is and has always been a freaking joke and they are known Jets bashers.  They change their opinions on players after teams they don't like draft them.  They have done so for years.

Archived