Welcome to the Jets Jordan Jenkins

Maxman

3 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

Yeah I remember Bowles saying that he would play outside a bit, and eventually be a 3 down back. Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the pick I had us taking him in a mock I did like 3 months ago. I think he'll be a play maker for us whether he's playing ILB or OLB.

if u look at my final mock the ATL picks are hitting (hackenberg i had as an alt to cardale jones in the 3rd) but i also had jenkins as an ATL in 4th - though im happy with him in 3rd

4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

We have MacDougle and Milner (don't laugh; he could surprise us all) to compete for that position along with Marcus Williams.

McDougle is so bad they brought in what some called the worst free agency signing in 2015. Milliner got beat out for playing time by two UDFAs. Corner is a need. Alexander should have been considered in round 2. 

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

They don't start rookies, even Leonard Williams was worked in slowly. They didn't draft Darron Lee to be Erin Henderson's backup, he's just going to start there because he's a rookie.

Holy moly, how do some of you not understand this?

Didn't Leo start due to the Sheldon suspension? 

Lee, Mauldin, Jenkins 

if they develop properly (Jenkins was sometimes slated as a second rounder) mauldins amount of pressures on limiting snaps was crazy. And if lee lives up to his huge potential, we could have a line backing corps as good as the 2011-2013 49ers which those guys basically carried them to three NFC championships and a super bowl

42 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Didn't Leo start due to the Sheldon suspension? 

Pretty much. 6th pick or not, if Sheldon wasn't suspended there's a good chance Williams wouldn't have seen much action for a while. Bowles doesn't want to start rookies. He's a Parcells disciple & took one of the Parcells-isms to heart: you lose one [extra] game for every rookie you start. 

Will be interesting if that holds up again. Just read Jenkins didn't commit a penalty in his final 2 seasons, and was a 4 year starter, so I wonder if he'll (at least 2-down) start before Lee. Few head coaches want 2 rookie LBers starting for them, along with another who's a 2nd yr player that didn't start 1 game as a rookie the year before. 

Archived